Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It’s just me…..feeling misunderstood…

Do you ever feel like you live all alone on this planet and literally everyone around you is an alien of some type? People say things and I think “what the holy hell does that even mean?” People do things and I think “who the holy hell even does things like that?” I just don’t understand and frankly I’m not sure I want to. And that makes me wonder if “not” understanding life means I truly do understand it. I’m a lucky girl with more than most and have more than my share of “alien” friends and family to love me every day but yet, I can still find it in me to feel unloved and misunderstood by everyone. I guess that’s part of my charm….I’m always trying to make people understand that oddness that is me and love me in spite of it. I have inner demons just like everyone else but I’m not content to let them grow any bigger. Demons are ugly anyway – why would I want them to get bigger? This blog is a way for me to dispel those demons – in letters and periods and exclamation points if necessary. I can’t promise you it’s going to be pretty but it’ll be interesting and probably embarrassing for yours truly but I’m going to do it anyway….and I hope in doing so my ugly inner demons leave and maybe take some of yours with them as they go. It’s worth a shot right?

No comments: