Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sheniqu & Drazil = 1.....Me = 0

Yesterday I was lonely.  There's no other way to say it.  My husband spent 16 hours with nasty-ass criminals and my kids were gone so I was lonely.  I wasn't even bored because I have learned to love alone time....but I was lonely and disappointed.  We had plans IF he had come home but he couldn't.  So I had a really great pity party.  All my friends were there.  Well actually just Drazil and Sheniqua.

Drazil had the nerve to wear a party hat and peed in the cake.  Sheniqua brought confetti and danced and flung her muffin top around.  One time she tried to give Drazil a lap dance.  He nearly suffocated. 

Me?  I ate sugar.  Yup - over 9 days with none (except the animal "cookies") and I caved.  I wasn't even hungry.  Told myself I would regret this.  Told myself I'd have to blog-confess about it.  But you guys - you should hear Sheniqua and Drazil chanting in my head " EAT IT- EAT IT- EAT IT".  They are so good at their jobs.  Drazil says a whole lot of other nasty things too but I'm not going to bore you.  He's been doing this for 35 years so he's a pro at knocking down my will power.

Anyway - there you go.  I suck.  They won yesterday.

But that was yesterday.  One sugar thing in 9 days (sorry Jesus - I was never good at this Lent thing).  I refuse to focus on it.  I am focusing on what else I've done in recent days.

* I have worked out consistently
* I have lost 6.5 lbs (I need to lose .5 today to hit 10 lbs lost since Jan. 1)
* I have blogged and opened up and even have followers
* I have lessened the outside toxicity in my life
* I kicked Martha Stewart's ass for the first time ever (I've got the big hairy balls to prove it)
* I have not given up
* I have stayed at my calorie range more days than not
* I have consistently taken my vitamins
* I have journaled my food every day

....and the list goes on.  Take that Drazil you slimy snake.  And Sheniqua - I wouldn't talk - you're disappearing slowly but surely.

And yes - as punishment for eating sugar - I have toilet cleaning duty again today.  That'll teach me.  You know how I feel about toilets.

Please say you'll forgive me....pretty please.

♥ Smooches & Hugs ♥

♦ Everything always passes, and everything is already okay. Stay in the place where you can see that & nothing will resist you. ♣

7 comments:

Jacquie said...

Well, I was just going to say, get up, brush yourself off and move forward, but...you have already done that! Good girl!...Is your husband a cop too? My husband just retired after 30 years....what a huge relief for me not to have to worry when he goes out the door.

Anyway, today is a new day and you are doing great! I have 24 more days until I am banded, I cannot wait!

Kristin said...

Everyone has an off day, and Drazil and Sheniqua happened to be at the top of their games on your off day. Happens. No biggie.

You are hysterical, by the way. I love reading your crazy posts.

Dinnerland said...

It sounds like you had a day that was somewhat like mine... but hang in there.
Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog, I agree that you're hilarious and creative too.
Keep expressing yourself!

Dinnerland said...

It sounds like you had a day that was somewhat like mine... but hang in there.
Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog, I agree that you're hilarious and creative too.
Keep expressing yourself!

LDswims said...

Good job moving on! I think you have one zany crazy (in a good way) wonderful blog here! So tell Drazil and Sheniqua we said that YOU win!

Jenny said...

I think you had way more good than bad! Its the damn girlscout cookies in my house that are to blame right now. That and all the birthday with cake!!

Girl Bandit said...

I agree the good outweighs the bad...keep at it. We all slip up but what counts is the very next thing we do...do we continue or do we go back to our good habits??? I know what you will do. Hugs