Sunday, March 7, 2010

Man diet update and Sheniqua's funeral arrangements

JEEEEESSSSUUUUUSSSSS - can you guys hear Drazil crying in your house like I can in mine?  He's wailing like he's dying.  He shouldn't worry.  My inner demons that are Drazil are gonna be hanging around for quite some - I can't get rid of him overnight like I can with Sheniqua.  But alas, Drazil loves Sheniqua.  Him and her are tight and they're so dumb they think one can't survive without the other. 

But on to why he's whining like a little school girl.......I lost another pound....and therefore Sheniqua's funeral arrangements are on my mind.  Today puts me at 12 lbs down since January 1....leaving 11.5 to go to my ultimate goal. 

Now - I don't want to jinx this but I am a bit confused.  I'm not white knuckling it too much - I'm not even running 5 miles a day like I did before to lose weight.  I walked 4 miles outside yesterday but before that I had two days with no exercise.  For the most part I'm finding it not too hard to stay under 1200 calories.  I just don't get it.  I know that sounds stupid to question weight loss and not just be grateful.  I am grateful but I'm confused.  I have to wonder if my work on Drazil, my new outlook on life, my living in the moment, my blogger friends, etc....is helping.  It has to be.  And I also wonder if FINALLY - nearly two years later my swelling from my tummy tuck is going down for good and my lymphatic system is FINALLY returning to normal and my metabolism is FINALLY back to working.

Incidentally as my husband and I sat talking this morning (yah after that dessert he swears he never gets)....he says to me "Do you remember what you promised me if I get back my six pack abs?" 

OH SHITAKI.  Now what did I promise that I forgot?  And why does he only remember things like this that I say?

Apparently I said I'd go get bigger boobs if he got back his abs.  What the hell is wrong with me?  Was I in my sugar withdrawal coma the day I said that?

Can you imagine the doctor the day I walk in and request bigger boobs?  "Um mam, didn't your insurance pay $10,000 to get your boobs cut off?  Didn't you ask for them to be completely cut off if I recall?  Now you want them put back on?  Let me write you a script for crazy pills."

UGH.  Insurance won't cover this one that's for sure.  I ask you - how many times can I hack up this body - how many scars can one body have?  I feel like Joan Rivers some days.

Okay - man diet update.  Tomorrow is one week since he started the diet and I'm insanely proud of him.  He's down 4.5 today so if he's down .5 tomorrrow he'll have lost 5 lbs in one week.  That's pretty darn good....considering it takes me one freaking month to lose that.  Here's hoping - a loss like that is very encouraging and will certainly keep him going.  And of course, it proves to him that I, the all knowing one, is always right.  And that my friends, can never be wrong.

♥ Smooches & Hugs ♥

♣ Everything always passes, and everything is already okay. Stay in the place where you can see that & nothing will resist you. ♣

1 comment:

LDswims said...

I'm right there with ya on cutting the body up. My sweet hubby and I have already discussed - when I get the weight off and we have had our kids, I'm doing a tummy tuck (for myself) and bigger boobs for him with a lift for me. I already have one fake boob...might as well make it two. :)

Thanks for the nomination for the sunshine award. I'm nominating you, too. I love your blog - such humor and creativity and inspiring, too! I always look forward to reading your blogs!