Sunday, March 14, 2010

The proof is in the pudding....so to speak....

I can't even pretend to ignore the evidence.....last night I had my first migraine in a long time.  To bring you up to speed - last year - unhealthy, fat-tastic last year that it was - I had 65 migraines and more than enough ER trips...nearly debilitating.  No clear trigger for me...so I thought.  I'm beginning to come out of the denial fog and see that I was just kidding myself.

I think it's sugar....too much sugar anyway.

It can't be coincidence that in the last few days that I fell off the wagon I shoved more sugar in my mouth than a 3 year old at Halloween....that I got a migraine.  There's no other reason.  My sleep is fine.  Stress level is fine.  The only thing different is no workouts and addict quantities of sugar.

Since January 1st when I recommitted to me and my health...I've had few migraines...none debilitating, none the pain meds didn't fix immediately.  I can't really ignore that fact any longer - though I want to.  I adore skittle filled bathtubs - remember?  The thought of giving them up for a medical reason throws me into seizures.

So now it seems I have more reasons to keep up my healthy habits...

1.  to stay off high BP meds
2. to prevent going on high cholesterol meds
3.  to feel better and remain sexy
4. for my mental health
5. to prevent devastating migraines
6. to morph into a swan instead of an ugly duckling
7. so I can wear a bikini in public - minus Sheniqua
8.  to get rid of Drazil and his scaly ass
9.  to achieve a goal I set out to achieve for once
10.  so I will love me for me - all of me - no matter what

Lastly, I am so clearly Martha Stewart.  Wanna know how I know?  As I was typing this a bird flew smack into the window of my office - and promptly knocked himself unconscious.  Dude - that means my windows are so freaking clean that birds can't see the glass.  Yah - you all want to be me.  Calm down....please hold in your jealousy knowing that these high maintenance fake nailed hands haven't cleaned a window....um....since we moved in here...........



♥ Smooches & Hugs ♥

♪ Life isn't as serious as my mind makes it out to be. ♪

♣ Everything always passes, and everything is already okay. Stay in the place where you can see that & nothing will resist you. ♣

3 comments:

SuziStorm said...

I'm so glad you found me so I could find *you*! Your blog is adorable and Hilarious!! I can't wait to start reading more and following you.

Also, a skittle filled bubble bath sounds fabulous, but definitely not worth the headache. ;-)

Band Groupie said...

3 comments in one day here...I think that makes me a comment whore...of a different kind though LOL...I'm a giver! See...we can feed each others needs LOL. Just wanted to say I'm a long time Migraine sufferer, so I feel your pain GF! It got to the point where I had some weeks where I'd have 3 days of being down and out and nothing would help.

My doc gave me a brain MRI (just to check) and had me keep a 'migraine journal' (only triggers I could find were lack of sleep-always does this, and stress, but never found a food one and I tried eliminating things like caffeine, etc.) then put me on a daily preventative...It hasn't completely wiped them out, but it's given me a huge improvement and given me my life back. I'm sure you've probably looked at your options, but I hadn't really until I started working on getting my health back. Hope you find the cause!

Miss Vickie "The Queen Bee" said...

Drazil, I just found your blog the other day and you make me laugh every time! Between you and Amy W. I get a daily chuckle. Luckily for me I live near Amy. I met her at a support group meeting and she was funny then too! I will look forward to reading your blog more!

Miss Vickie