Friday, April 30, 2010

BYOC Friday!!!!! **Bring Your Own Craziness**

Welcome to BYOC Friday. Five random questions where I ask you things (both serious and funny) you wouldn’t normally blog about in an effort to get to know you better. (plus every Friday you don’t have to come up with a blog subject – BYOC is pre-made just for your fried brain!)


Enjoy!

Copy, paste and answer in your blog if you so desire.  Share with anyone else who you want to get to know more!

1. What’s your favorite smell?

Hmm….for me it’s my husband. I have a “special spot” I sit in on his lap and tuck my head under his chin and put my face against his chest while he wraps his arms around me. I close my eyes and in those moments the world doesn’t exist. The smell right there on his chest is heaven. And my girls – they each have a smell – and they have no idea but after they’ve gone to sleep I check on them and usually smell their hair.

2. What is your all-time favorite movie and why?

I don’t know if it’s my favorite movie but it’s the movie that means the most to me. It’s Ghost – with Patrick Swayze (yummo) and Demi Moore. It’s the first movie I saw with hubby when I was 15 and the first time he held my hand and the first date that started it all. This year I plan to have our first date anniversary numbers tattooed on me with a silhouette of a ghost in the background. Hubby will get the same tattoo.

3. What’s your trigger food?

Milky Ways and bread. I’m a carbaholic. I can put down more bread and Milky Ways than a 400 pound NFL linebacker. No lie.

4. When someone you love is going through a difficult time – what are your go-to words to make them feel better – in just a sentence or two?

I admit – this is me being selfish. My cousin’s baby was just diagnosed with a rare neuro disease (2% of children in 10,000,000 get it) and I don’t know what to say or do to help. I don’t live near her so I only have words. My go-to’s are usually…..

“Let go, Let God”. Or “this too, shall pass”. Or “everything will be alright in the end. If it’s not alright, it’s not the end.”

Words seems so clichĂ© in difficult times but I cling to them in times like this – they become my mantra. Tell me yours….because I’m at a loss.

5. This one is always the same. Who is your nominee for the blog of the week for YOU? Which blog OR comment touched your heart, spoke to you, stuck with you all week?

Blog – for me was Roo – she had an exceptionally brave blog about what she hides behind and her secret. And Carmen – opening up more about her boyfriend and reaching out for support. And for sure Band-Babe whose positive outlook amidst feeling a little cruddy after surgery makes me super proud of her.

Comments – not so much comments but for me – emails. All of you who emailed me privately this week were my lifeboat – and you know who you are. I puffy heart each of you for taking time out of your busy lives to think of contacting me directly. It makes my heart sing.


(PS Band Babe – I was thinking of sending you my nastiest swelling/seroma pics so you could see yours are totally normal and look dang good – would that even help or not really? Lemme know….you’d have to swear to delete them but I’d send them to you cuz I love you so much!)










13 comments:

Kristin said...

GREAT questions this week, Draz. You should have been Barbara Walters. I especially love your answer about your favorite smell - I guess that's what home smells like. Have a great weekend, girl! The sun is shining here, and I hope it is in Draziland too!

Cindylew said...

I'm with Kristin...you missed your calling and should have been some sort of correspondent. Great questions...even better answers.

LauraLynne said...

I've got a little something for you on my blog today!! check it out... http://lauralynnec.blogspot.com/

Band-Babe said...

You are truly an angel to offer to send me those, because I know how awful it has been to post mine. Yesterday, I may have taken you up on the offer, but today the sun is shining a little brighter. Swelling is going down, which is helping my mood to definitely go up.

Sorry to hear about your cousins baby. I work with sick children's families on a daily basis. So, if I can just offer one piece of advice... it's just to be there. Everyone will be there in the beginning... but remember her a month from now, two months from now... when all the frenzy has diminished... that's when she'll feel all alone and will appreciate your willingness to just be there (listen), more than anything you can say. It's what you do. And, you're very gifted at that.

Band-Babe said...

Are you due for a yearly physical soon? I'm catching up on your posts from yesterday and it sounds like some labs may be due for you. Have you ever had your thyroid checked? Sometimes we feel crappy because of our diet and lack of exercise, and sometimes there are real medical reasons why we feel like shit. You may already be way on top of it, but I just want to make sure.

Crystal said...

i just stumbled across your blog and GIRL - best blog i've read in a long time! you're hilarious, and i can't wait to read more :) soooo, not that you care, but i'll answer the q's...

1. What’s your favorite smell?

the smell of fresh cut grass on a warm spring day... yummy

2. What is your all-time favorite movie and why?

the notebook... seriously, i bawled from the beginning to the end... it was the first movie where when i was crying, i actually made those disgusting noises... good thing i was at home....

3. What’s your trigger food?

peanut butter... i'll eat it, literally, on ANYTHING... a close second - nutella... pretty much the same as peanut butter, i'll eat it on anything...

4. When someone you love is going through a difficult time – what are your go-to words to make them feel better – in just a sentence or two?

whatever happens is just in God's grand scheme of things... it was meant to be... and build a bridge and get over it (mostly only said to my sister *wink wink*)

5. This one is always the same. Who is your nominee for the blog of the week for YOU? Which blog OR comment touched your heart, spoke to you, stuck with you all week?

LauraLynne at Taking the Scale by Storm! she totally introduced me to oa and may have saved my life without even knowing it :)

Jess said...

I plan on stealing "Everything will be alright in the end. If it’s not alright, it’s not the end." Thank you very much.

And thanks for missing me. I've just been busy with work. (I know, lame, but it's true.)

Gail said...

Awesome answers as always... I love Ghost as well.
Thanks for the questions. I just posted my answers as well.

Jess said...

I love Ghost too and (Patrick). I really liked your fav smell answer. That was sweet!

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

“everything will be alright in the end. If it’s not alright, it’s not the end.”

You just shifted my perspective.

THX

Girl Bandit said...

Sorry if I have missed something...hope you are ok. Great answers. I can't smell and your post about your husband and the kids make me so envious...I would love that!!! So sorry to hear about your cousins child...words can be so meaningless at times like that...show her how much you care by being there with her through the anger, grief and denial stages she will most certainly go through Hugs xxx

Lonicera said...

Hi Draz - I appreciate your being a follower on my blog, and can now see why you're a rising star in the bandit blogging world! You have a fun blog, and I like the way you tell it how it is. You're a good morale booster!
Caroline

Bella said...

So THAT'S what BYOC stands for? Now I know! :)