Friday, April 16, 2010

Edition 4 of BYOC – Bring Your Own Craziness!

Enjoy!

1. If you ever won the lottery – what’s the very first thing you’d do?

** I’d love to be all Mother Teresa here but the FIRST thing I’d do is pay my house off. THEN I’d go all saintly and be a giving freak to probably anyone who asked and be broke in about two days.

2. What is your favorite curse word? (This one is from Joey)

** Now I know some of you may not curse so skip this one if that’s the case. I, for one, am a curser. Not all the time, not like a sailor – actually only when I’m angry or passionate about something. Certain words give certain feelings a little more oomph I think. But some people hate swearing – my mother says it’s unprofessional and not feminine and I get that too. But sometimes it is who I am at the moment. So MY fave is the big one – the big ‘ol “F word”. I’ve never even typed the whole thing out in my blog. Dinnerland and others do it and I love it cuz it takes hairy balls of steel that I’m working on attaining…..but I haven’t done it yet. I’m a lily-livered chicken butt.

3. What is your favorite holiday and why?

** 4th of July for me. It’s usually HOT here which I love and people are all patriotic and holding hands as a nation and singing Lee Greenwood’s “Proud to be an American” at the top of their lungs. My kids look up to the sky and wonder at the fireworks. Sparklers abound.

I used to hate this holiday – my Uncle who killed himself did so on July 3rd (no one heard the shot – it was fireworks season – he was merely 25 ft away from a bar filled with people)….but now – nope – this is my pick.

4. What turns you on? (another suggestion from Joey)

** Yah – you’re a bunch of whores so I had to appeal to that side of you and put this out there. Though I am afraid of your answers considering last week’s innocent dinner with a celebrity question.

For me – it’s my man in his BDU’s or his riot gear. I have no idea what that stands for but it’s like SWAT team attire. All black, tall black combat boots, black shirt, black bullet proof vest, weapon, tear gas, handcuffs, baton, shield, helmet. After a day of training for the riot squad at the prison, my hubby will come home minus the weapons but all dressed up in black and it makes me proud. He’s often the lead man on a cell entry which means he’s yelling commands and in control of the situation and protecting his guys and there’s something ultimately manly and powerful in that to me. In the same respect – that clothing also reiterates to me the danger he is constantly in so it can be scary but mostly pride….and a major turn on. I’m not allowed to touch him in that stuff usually anyway because of the gases still on him. But still – a girl can dream right?

5. Whose blog spoke to you, stayed with you, meant the most to you, stands out to you this week and why?

** This one is easy for me. Vlog – is of course – Amy W. Blog – is of course – the BOOBs blog! Or B(.)(.)Bs blog – lol! Seriously – this Chicago trip is happening and more than once it’s made me want to cry. We’re easily gonna hit 20 people and probably many more. We have a whole team working on logos, t-shirts, free goodies, hotels, etc…and all while trying to keep everything cost efficient and fulfilling for everyone. I’m SUPER excited to meet all of you – though my hidden identity will be outed! You’re all gonna have to keep my secret!!  (If any of you reading this want to meet up with us hop over to the BOOBS blog - everyone is invited - spread the word!  Even if you can't make this trip - there will be others planned.)



~~ Side note – Girl Bandit asked how I met my best friend Jenny over at Jen’s Lap Band Journey. She wanted to know “our story”. It’s so fun that we have a story isn’t it?

I met Jenny *I think* (correct me if I’m wrong Jenny) around the 8th grade time period. A good friend of mine moved to Illinois. I would still go and visit that friend and when I was there – I met her new best friend – Jenny. I loved Jenny even back then – she was gorgeous and boys seemed to be falling all over her and mostly I was jealous of her. In my head – she had it all….and I was happy my friend had found her. So on and off through the years we would meet up periodically – through our mutual friend. We were even in that mutual friend’s wedding together. I saw her at that wedding and then didn’t see her for another 6 years I think. I always wondered how she was – but the mutual friend and I had grown apart – so I lost my contact to Jenny. Until Facebook. I found my mutual friend again and then found Jenny. Jenny and that friend were BFFs again and I was happy for them because at the time I had my own BFF. Truth is – neither of us really had anything – and both those relationships ended around the same time and Jenny and I got through that pain with each other and one day kinda looked up and realized – THIS was it. WE were best friends – real best friends…the kind you wait your whole life for….and we never looked back. Our BFF anniversary was a little over a year ago but I’ve technically known her most of my life. Who knew this would be how it would end up? And that is the story of us!




♥ Smooches & Hugs ♥

♪ Life isn't as serious as my mind makes it out to be. ♪

♣ Everything always passes, and everything is already okay. Stay in the place where you can see that & nothing will resist you. ♣

14 comments:

tessierose said...

Aw, I love the story of Jen & Draz, so sweet!

Jennifer said...

Ahh..the warm and fuzzy memories.
Makes me smile.

This is my favorite BYOC ever!

Carmen said...

great answers and great story about jenny! :-)

Brooke said...

True love waits.

Vaia said...

While this may be a bit creepy, your turn-on with your hubby cracks me up because I feel the same way about my boyfriend when he comes home wearing a similar outfit. So hot. So hot.

Also love the BFF story. I met my BFF 6 years ago on vacationw with mutual friends and we've been inseparable every since!

Have a fab weekend!

Stephanie said...

What a great BFF story...on a related note, my mom used to love it when it was fire season here in florida because that meant my step dad would come home in his fire gear and smell all smokey. I do love a man in uniform, too, but it's just sort of wierd thinking about your mom getting all jazzed up about a guy. LOL

Leslie said...

Yeah questions!
1. Pay off our 3 credit cards that have a balance.
2. the F bomb, what else. It really does the trick when nothing else does.
3. Thanksgiving, because everyone celebrates it - (at least in the US) Gratitude is underrated in my book. An my TG only broccoli casserole rocks.
4. Would it be wrong to say Haagen Dazs? Hubby used to be a drill sergeant in the Army, and for fun he'll call drills in that voice and with those "huts!" Oh baby.......
5. Probably the blog that spoke to me most this weeks was Helen's at Doing a 180 - her Tuesday post was questions (smile again), and her main one was "What would happen if you totally stuck to your plan with no swerves or sidesteps, for 4 months?" It reminded me of how successful I've been in the past when I did that.

Re Chicago....hmmm, my oldest son lives in Chicago. It's a distinct possibility. It's an awesome city. Will have to cogitate on it.

Angie said...

loved hearing your and J's story, super sweet!

Amy W. said...

okay FINE! I will call my bff in seattle bc we hardly talk anymore but still love each other.

She is going to kick my ass when she finds out when I am going to chicago instead of seattle to visit her!

MIMI said...

Yeah, love the curse word question. Thanks for the craziness every Friday.

Girl Bandit said...

Thanks for sharing your story with Jen. What a shame you guys don't live closer.....still working on hubby for a round trip to Chicago...for the weekend!!!!

Canadian Bird said...

Hi Drazil! I'm a new BYOC'er, but I made up for lost time. LOL
Check out my certifiably-insane blog post here:
Band on the Run.

And, for the record, I'm so IN for Chicago! Add me to the tally, please! :)

Gen said...

Great, my first time and I get it wrong. BYOC not BYOB!

So, so sorry about your uncle. My beloved uncle killed himself right before Christmas. Also with a gun. It is still painful.

Anyway, love your BYOC answers - DH in riot gear sounds hot!

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

How to stay anonymous at a blog conference
Sign up as Drazil
Set up a google account drazil@gmail.com
Set up a fb account as Drazil
Set up a twitter as Drazil
Print up Drazil contact cards

Everyone will refer to you by your blog name anyway, nobody knows you by anything else.
NEVER use your last name
Threaten BFF with something unholy if she does not also abide.

I got out of there with nobody knowing my last name. I'm not sure they remember my last name.

But I'm obsessed...AND crazy.