Monday, April 5, 2010

Wanna watch me kick Sheniqua's azz this month?

Cuz my dear lovies - I'm so gonna! 

As some of you may know I entered a 5% weight loss challenge through my work for the motivation and let's face it - the money prize.  Me and my midget legs were just dying on the treadmill a bit ago and I realized if I lose 5% - then that's it.  Done.  It's maintain time.  And maintaining scares me more than losing.  Everyone knows how to lose - eat right, exercise.  Maintain - well that's a whole different dragon. 

An 8 lb loss would put me at 153.  That's what I was the day I went in for my tummy tuck consult.  The day I walked around like some princess high on life (minus the hanging skin) because I felt so me - so complete - so healthy.  I never got a chance to see if I could maintain 153 because surgery kicked my ass - in swelling and the fact that you can't literally exercise for 6 to 8 weeks or more.  1.5 years later and on January 1 of this year I weighed 173.5.  20 pounds gained in 1.5 years since my tummy tuck. 

I am officially healed....and it was time to get serious.  So yah since January 1st I've lost 12 pounds.  I thought my goal was 150 but eh - 153 works for me.  The challenge ends June 30th....and then I have to face the biggest challenge....again.....maintaining.  There's no surgery standing in my way this time.

To say I'm scared is an understatement.  To say I'm excited is a bigger understatement.

For all of you wondering - this post has no meaning just so you know.  It's just that I suddenly realized while on the treadmill that by June 30 - I could be at goal.  Well not could be - will be.  And I won't be there alone - you'll all be standing beside me - and that's something.  That's everything.

This month for me is sprints....I started on April 1 doing 5 minute intervals - increasing speed every minute.  I started at:
3 mph
3.5 mph
4 mph
4.5 mph
6 mph

Today just four days later I am here:
3.5 mph
4 mph
4.5 mph
5 mph
6.3 mph

I'm gonna get all cocky and shoot for a 7 mph end sprint by May 1.  I'm celebrating the things I did today and forgetting how many bunnies I ate this weekend.  When I run at 6.3 mph I can literally feel my sewn together ab muscles working...and it's exhilerating.  I feel me breaking through the sweat - the me underneath the fat and flaws (which I'm learning to love by the way.)

Ending today at 425 calories.....it was 825 but I just burned 400....take that Sheniqua!



♥ Smooches & Hugs ♥

♪ Life isn't as serious as my mind makes it out to be. ♪

♣ Everything always passes, and everything is already okay. Stay in the place where you can see that & nothing will resist you. ♣

12 comments:

Southern Belle said...

Way to go!!! Don't you just love it when you feel the real you underneath it all, when she is working so hard to get back out? I love that feeling.

Ms. Chunky Chick said...

Yay! You can so kick her ass!

Camille said...

I love working out to the point of getting primal. Wind sprints on the treadmill do it for me. I can't wait to get there again. You rock!

Julie, The Accidental Fat Chick said...

That Sheniqua wench doesn't stand a chance! :)

Carmen said...

yeah screw "could be" and make it a "WILL BE" :-)

Kristin said...

I can't believe you can run at 6.3 mph. You are the FloJo of blogworld. You are my hero!

Kim said...

You are going to kick her ass!! Way to go!

Ali said...

Just discovered your blog. Looks like I have lots of good reading in my future! :-)

THE DASH! said...

Wow. We weight exactly the same as of right now. Kick her ass to the curb. She's only going to hold you back. x

The Curvaceous Conundrum said...

Maintenance!?! Oh my god, Im having problems thinking about the 2 points I will be losing very soon on WW because of my loss. Youre doing awesome girl-win that money and buy yourself some thing awesome!

Jenny said...

I love reading your posts. Not only for the humor but for the honesty. You are going to do amazing!

Dirttrackdiva said...

good job trying to find the inner you under it all. as you know, i made a post like this yesterday. it's amazing when that person starts coming through what you learn about yourself.