BYOC Friday! For any of my new followers this means we answer 5 questions you wouldn't normally blog about – some fun, some serious – in an effort to get to know each other better. You’ll see BYOC blogs all over blogland today so join the party if you wish!
1. Do you have any nicknames? (Thanks for this question Joey)
• Sadly I do not have any nicknames. The only thing that came close is people adding extra E’s on the end of my name. Those of you who know my name know how this would be pronounced. I will say however, as an adult with my husband – he never calls me my name. Rarely. Which I love. I am baby doll, baby love, pumpkin, lambchop….etc….
2. What was your “last straw”? The incident/situation that made you decide to get a lap band or commit to losing weight via any plan this time?
(This is for anyone on a weight loss journey and is from Heather who will recently be lap-banded.)
• While I do not have a lap band (until I steal one), I have lost about 70lbs. I was not overweight my whole life. I was athletic and average. I’m pretty sure I’d never really even dieted before in my life. BUT during my second pregnancy I had gestational diabetes and high blood pressure and generally felt like hell. I vowed the minute my daughter was out I’d get healthy again – and I did. 10 months of needles and tests and meds and massive migraines was enough to convince me it was no way to live at just 30 years old. My highest weight was 226 and I started tracking calories and ran every day. I have 10-15 lbs to go until I hit my ultimate goal.
3. What’s your favorite joke or funny story? (This is from Sandy – she needs some laughter to start the weekend and requested this one.)
* My fave joke is:
If you’re American when you walk in the bathroom and American when you come out – what are you when you’re in there?
Eur – a – pean. (European)
DUH! Clean but so cute huh?
4. If you could be a TV dinner – what flavor would you be?
* I would absolutely hands down be pizza with a side of French fries and an ice cream Snicker bar thrown in for good measure. Can you imagine how many of those I’d sell if I marketed that? * I didn't say "healthy" TV dinner....
5. The question we do every week so everyone can be a little famous without having to do an official blog award….what blog or comment stuck with you or spoke to you the most this week and why?
• As I sit and think about this I have to say Jess over at Big Girl in a Big World. She opened up about a very real fear I’ve had myself and I haven’t even commented on it yet (sorry Jess!)….but it was a great post and I’m glad she put it out there.
And my best friend Jennifer posted about Ruby’s season finale this weekend…..and I agree with her – that episode was amazing after the women in her “Fat Club” went to a 6 day intensive seminar and all opened up about their childhoods.
And for comments – it was all of you who commented on my post about my contractor’s comment that threw me into a tailspin. They meant so very much to me……..you all have a way of making things that are difficult…..less difficult. So thank you.
And the comments on having sex daily – those were to die for – I was laughing my ass off all day yesterday. I’m going to have to blog more about that tomorrow!
Thank you to all the BYOC contributors! Keep ‘em coming!