Friday, May 14, 2010

BYOC Friday!!!!! **Bring Your Own Craziness**

It’s another Friday episode of BYOC where we answer just 5 questions (some funny, some serious) in order to learn more about our fellow bloggers whether they are old or new followers. Copy and paste to your blog if you want to play along!

1. If you could be a cartoon character – who would you be and why?

Hands down for me – I would be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Something about her in that yellow floofy dress when she dances and the Prince at the end with his long hair….mmmm….yummy. (Who gets excited over a cartoon guy? Drazil – that’s who)

If I was talking classic cartoon characters – I’d go with Minnie and a side of Goofy. Let’s face it Minnie is sweet as cake and she wears heels every day and looks hot…and Goofy – well you gotta love being Goofy-ish. Oh God – I forgot about Smurfette – I could so be Smurfette….all those boys loving her all day long….ha!

2. Who was your teenage heart throb? (Thanks Fiona for this one)

Mine was Kirk Cameron from Growing Pains. I had pictures of him and Corey Hart ALL over my walls.

3. Do you believe being overweight is about a mental obstacle or do you believe it’s simply about overeating/food?

I ask this because I don’t know. I’m trying to figure it out. I never felt like I was filling a void with food because I wasn’t overweight my whole life. I wasn’t the size I wanted to be but I wasn’t really overweight with health issues until after my pregnancies. And then I lost the weight and now I have just a bit left to go until goal but I don’t stop eating – too much, like compulsively – and that makes no sense to me because I can’t find a mental reason for it other than I like food – it tastes good – I want to eat and I seriously don’t know if there’s any more to it than that so I wanna hear what you guys think about this.

4. What’s your all-time favorite song?

Mine is “Wonderful Tonight”….I’m so embarrassed that it’s my favorite song and I’m not sure of the artist but I think it’s Eric Clapton. There’s a line in the song that says “she puts on her makeup and brushes her long blonde hair”….and every time I dance to it with my hubby he sings the whole thing to me in my ear and every time he changes the line to say “brushes her long brown hair” cuz I have brown hair. Every time. Love that.

5. Whose blog or comment spoke to you/stuck with you this week and why? This is our “you get to be famous for a moment” without having to follow all the rules of an official blog award question.

Blog for me was my BFF Jennifer who lost her grandmother this week and all those I follow who were without their mothers this Mother’s Day. My heart ached for them as I reflected this past Sunday. I had some amazing comments on my Prodigal Son blog this week and they all touched me.

Jacquie’s blog about her loss was heartbreaking and all the comments from everyone were heartfelt. We are all still thinking of Jacquie and her family.



See you at next week’s edition of BYOC!


12 comments:

Amy said...

Kirk was ALL mine. Mine all mine. Too bad he got kooky as he got older!

Kim said...

Draz! My hubby and I danced to Wonderful Tonight for our first dance at our wedding! I love that song!

Our second song was What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. Sometimes I wished we had done that first. It's such a classic . . .

Karen@WaistingTime said...

I am very fixated on question number 3 for myself right now and have been blogging about it a lot. I wish I knew the answer!

Carmen said...

well smurfette was the original ho-bag! and the biggest one! come on, ONE chick and all those dudes? she had to be getting it on with all of them lol

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

Hey, Draz,

Can't resist these questions....

1. Lucy Van Pelt from the Charlie Brown cartoon. I could so make a career out of her signature phrase: "You Blockhead!"

2. As I recently found an application for his fan club from the 1970's (among a collection of misc. from high school), my teenage heartthrob was apparently Rick Springfield. I wanted to be Jesse's girl....

3. Mental for me. Totally.

4. Favorite song is really hard! I love so many songs from Frank Sinatra to Chicago to CSN&Y to Maroon Five to the BE Peas. I can't pick just one. NO WAY.

5. Again, hard to pick one, so I'll greedily pick three: Less is More from Tori at A journey to a new me. So true! Peaceful Bird told me to set some do-able goals. (Thanks, I needed that.) And, from Karen at Waisting Time, the concept that overeating might not be "mental". Always thought it was. I really did. Something to think about.

Thanks for asking, Draz. Have a great weekend! Hope you get a serenade of Wonderful Tonight!

The CilleyGirl said...

On #3, for me it is that the food gives feelings of pleasure and happiness that are vastly different from the reasons I'm eating in the first place. I eat when I'm stressed, or I don't feel good, or I'm tired, or I've had a bad day. The contrast between those feelings and the feelings the food gives me are so dramatic, I want to continue with the happy feelings so that I don't have to go back to the sad/mad/bad feelings. Then I beat myself up about eating too much. Then I feel sad/mad/bad. Then I eat because that makes me feel happy. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Kristin said...

Hey girl, I'd answer these questions but I'm not emotionally ready to admit to the Internet that Michael Jackson was my childhood crush.

Great questions, as always. Happy Weekend (almost)!

Band-Babe said...

Yeah, you KNOW I'll go with you. But I didn't buy new boobies yet, so I will not be doing the naked/paint thing. Other than that, sounds good.

Butterfly/Amy said...

Ah, Kirk Cameron, yes, I definitely had posters of him all over my bedroom too. I bet somewhere in her attic my mom still has at least one of those posters. lol

Girl Bandit said...

Yes this weeks blogs were hard to read at times...good answers Drazzy

mixtape said...

Wow. Just stumbled over here and fell in love with your voice. We must subscribe to the same brand of crazy! Total new fan now.

Brooke said...

and think of all the books Belle has at her finger tips!!