Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It’s a list-y sort of day in Care Bear Land.

1. Thank you to all of you who commented on my post about the comment my contractor made. I am always stunned by how many of you can relate. It amazes me that though so many of us have felt “less than” or felt we were neglected – that today – here and now – we are good, caring people, friends and parents. We are systematically breaking the cycle and ensuring the hurt isn’t repeated in our family’s lives and that’s just huge. Really we could be hosting daily pity parties for ourselves and using our pain as an excuse to never be better – but we are not. That speaks volumes about all of us and I am proud to call you my friends because of your strength and for your willingness to tell me how you get through the pain when I know it’s hard to talk about.

2. Um….apparently most of you didn’t listen when I told you NOT to tell me stories about pooping in non-toilet scenarios. However, it is slightly comforting though to know I am not the only person who lives with a barbarian.

3. I rocked yesterday – and I’m not afraid to say so. I lost 3 lbs of the 5.5 I gained in April. One more good day and it should be gone and I’ll be back on track. I ended with 40g of sugar (10 over) and 1060 cals for the day and an hour of working out. My slip will definitely not become a slide! How are you guys all doing?

4. I almost went to the ER last night. Migraine meds didn’t work. The range of emotion I feel when I’m in the throes of a migraine are so intense…usually deep sadness to rage. I’m so tired/sad from the pain and it makes me want to cry but I don’t knowing that’ll make it worse. I never cry so the feeling of wanting to cry scares me. Then the rage. I’m so angry I feel this way, angry that an ER trip may be the only thing that fixes me and worried they’ll think I’m a woman looking for drugs. And then I become someone else entirely – I pray over and over to my Grandma and beg her for the strength she showed during her cancer and then I beg God to make it stop. It’s exhausting to say the least. Today I meet with a woman who sells natural oils and herbs – I’ll try anything at this point. Do any of you use oils/herbs/creams (non-prescription) for what ails you?

5. I booked mine and Jenny’s hotel room for B.O.O.B.S. I talked the lady into giving us a jacuzzi suite with free robes and chocolates on our pillows and a male Swedish masseuse at our disposal for free. I’m just that good. Turns out even the big city Chicago folks are afraid of the Mama Pimp. Well maybe not – but it sounds good right? Thank God there’s no limit to how many bags I can pack. I’m planning to have a whole suitcase full of food…since I have to pretend to eat like a bird when I’m around all you tiny lap-banders. Julie isn’t banded either and she has promised to eat massive amounts of food with me. HA!


Smooches and hugs to you all!!


20 comments:

Girl Bandit said...

Hey I didn't know Julie (which Julie???) was not banded??? I have a good idea because I once thought (if I have the right one) that she could eat a bit for a bander... Thanks and you can eat whatever you like ...like our leftovers. So sorry to hear about the migraine...they are the pits. I hope you find something that works....

Gen said...

You rock! Congrats on the missing pounds!

And, um, those 1000-something calories you ate? I think I need the extra suitcase full of food! I haven't eaten less than 1200 in months!

DB said...

Congrats on the loss & I am proud to call you my friend too!!!

tessierose said...

Have you tried botox? I have heard that lots of people with chronic migranes get much relief from botox injections in the forehead. It's be worth a try. I am a strong believer in potions and all things natural for pain relief. So, go for it. Also....deep tissue massage works wonders, as does meditation and aroma therapy. I hope you get some real relief!

Vaia said...

Congrats on the drops in poundage!!

Sandy Lee said...

That migraine thing is really hitting you hard. Sorry about the pain. Don't have any advice because aspirin used to work for me!

Now to Care Bear Land-what is your Care Bear name? My other daughter is Braveheart (he is actually a lion, but whatever) so you need to find a good name. Maybe a couple depending on how you feel. Here's a link to a list in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Care_Bears . Maybe that'll be a Friday question. Take care. {{{HUGS}}}

River said...

You people are making me feel so guilty for not working out today. Yours is the third post all bloggers are doing great. So I guess thank you for the motivation. I'm off to work my butt off right now!

Tricia said...

congrats on the loss!

The CilleyGirl said...

I might have mentioned this to you previously, but I recently read an article that over half of headache sufferers have a magnesium deficiency. I was already taking magnesium at the time on the pharmacist's recommendation; some of the meds I take will deplete your magnesium. I have noticed that I am much less headache prone when I take magnesium (in addition to the regular multivitamin) on a daily basis. It's such an easy thing to try (plus it's good for you anyways) that maybe you could give it a shot and see if it helps you.

Jess said...

Congrats on your loss! You're so good! Also, I get migraines all the time too (whiplash neck) and they are God awful! The only thing that even remotely lessens the pain is Excedrin Migraine and even then sometimes that does nothing. So I feel your pain and wave of emotions! You poor thing. I hope that gets better for ya!

Xoxo

Cindylew said...

Great on the loss but I know first hand that the migraines SUCK. My meds don't do squat either but I've never had to go to the ER...you poor baby.
I'm praying the migraine fairies skip your house for the next 6 months.

Kim said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Ms. Chunky Chick said...

Yay on the loss! I know migraines are completely dibilitating! I get them and unfortunately my 10 year old does too. When I was clean eating ( no processed foods) was when i had the least amout of headaches. But it was so difficult for me to maintain. You are an amazing women and blogger too don't forget that

Jenny said...

I see a party in your room in our future!!

I can't believe you lost 3lbs already! You are a total skinny bitch!! :)

THE DASH! said...

Ouch!! I have only ever had two migraines in my life and it was two too many. Horrible, horrible things. I hope you feel better by now. And good on you losing that 3 pounds. You rock. xx

Kristin said...

Draz, I am not a doctor. No, really, it's true. I am, however, a (former) journalist, which means I know pretty much everything there is to know.

These migraines sound like the height of misery. I know my mom got them regularly and had them treated with - wait for it - botox. Totally worked. I thought she was lying, though.

THEN, I had a botox-related question for my dermatologist and she said she would call her neurologist friends because they use it on patients all the time for migraines. And it works.

Just throwing that out there. Congrats on dropping those el-bees. Can't wait to watch you eat in Chi-town. It can be like a special excursion on a cruise.

Brooke said...

Hey Draz- what do you get at the ER, adrenaline shots? I'm a migraine girl, too, just curious. (Hurray for migraine girls, we can hang out together in a darkened room and chew on excedrin like candy while we lie on our backs and practice trying not to make noise or breathe).

I wish I could help with a cure, but I got nothing!

Excuse me while I go back and look at your last post.... sounds like a good one :-)

Amanda said...

Hey, congrats on the loss!! I hate it when that scale goes in the wrong direction (it does that to me on occasion) so when it does go the right way I'm pretty psyched :D

Nikki said...

Migraines are hell...I hate them. I had a lady I worked with that did some herbs and accupuncture and it helped BIG time with hers. Give it a shot!

I know my triggers and the biggest one is the TOM. so...if only I could get preggers and stop that...LOL.

Congrats on the 3 pounda lost...I think I found em! And I dont care! I am having a blast with my hubby...screw working out and watching weight...lol. Ill get back on the wagon...I swear!!!

Colls said...

Well, you basically said "F April" in that loss yesterday! It is good to know that not all slips don't become slides!

I have never had a migraine, so I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope the natural remedies work for you. <3