Friday, June 25, 2010

BYOC Friday!!!!! **Bring Your Own Craziness**

It’s FRIDAY – and that means BYOC! Today is going to be a great edition if I do say so myself. I’m feeling spunky today – going home to lay out early and make the neighbors run home screaming!


Get your crazy creative thinking caps on and answer would ya? I love getting to know all of you better!

1. This comes from my post yesterday about me bragging that I can still wear the same earrings I wore in high school….got me to wondering…how many piercings do you have? (the ones you can tell us about anyway – *wink wink)

I have 7. You little shameless hussies (that I am secretly proud of)…get your minds back to a clean place. None of my piercings are X-rated. I have 3 in each ear and one belly button one. When I reached 50 lbs down, the belly button piercing was my reward.  It was a bonus that I still have no feeling in my stomach from my tummy tuck so I knew the piercing wouldn't hurt!

2. I’m asking this one because I’m getting another tattoo soon…and even have plans to get one of a lizard – my little Draz – because this blog and you all have become a major part of my life. Anywhoozle – how many tattoos do you have? If you have none and wanted to get one – what would it be?

I have 5 soon to be 6. I’m a big fan of tattoos with meaning. I have my Grandmother’s signature on me and a poem I read to her before she died. My husband has a lock and I have a key on my wrist. I have a half back piece with symbols for each of my family members and a memorial to my uncle. Most people have no idea I have tattoos because I can cover them all. My parents HATE my tattoos...my mom refuses to even look at them...which may be part of the reason I get them.  LOL

The next one I’m getting is on my foot and it’s going to hurt like a mother-effer.  It is a myriad of stars and my birth month flower.  I'll show ya in Chicago!

3. If you’ve ever suffered from a weight-loss plateau, what’s your best advice to get past it?

1. sob hysterically – like the kind where snot runs out of your nose onto your shirt…you know, pretty crying
2. suck your thumb
3. throw a tantrum
4. curse the fat Gods
5. eat 16 twinkies
6. rinse and repeat

Ah, I wish…though sometimes that is how I dealt with it. I truly think there’s a reason for plateaus. In my 3.5 year journey I don’t think I had a major one. I never stayed at any weight too long – I was either up or down. If the scale wasn’t moving down I wasn’t doing enough…I was comfortable and was starting to slack, I stopped counting cals or working out. If I was running for an hour on the treadmill each night and my weight didn’t move – I would add just 5 minutes…and that would be enough change to make my body react. Or I’d cut just 100 calories. A little change in my routine would produce changes in my body. All I really know is plateaus suck!

4. This is a repeat. I liked last week’s challenge for BYOC and I saw a lot of people this week follow through on the promise they made last week. You pick one thing for just one day next week that you want to do….and mentally doing it for the one day can totally jump start more successes. And I feel like I can do anything for just one day.

This week I pick Wednesday again and I pick that I will drink 64 oz that day again. It was really tough for me to do this week though I did it. I had a competition with Carmen!

What will you do for just one day in your quest towards health?

5. Repeat *make someone a Superstar* question – what's your favorite blog or comment of the week?

I got a good laugh over Mrs. Fatass’s secret to no razor burn blog this week.

As far as comments, hands down – the comment Band-Babe left me. She had taken an Ambien and then decided to comment on my serious post and it looked like she had her fingers on the wrong keys. I couldn’t read a word of it and it made my day….seriously I laughed out loud and I know others did too….so thanks BB for not even doing it on purpose – but for lighting up our day! We love you!

Oh and the comments from my readers on my meds post – wow – you all amazed me once again. I was sure I’d lose half my followers after I sounded off so to have your support meant everything to me.


Peace out my lovelies!

Be well,
~Draz

11 comments:

Roxie said...

My first BYOC response. hmm

1.) Piercings : 13 (11 in my ears, 1 eyebrow, 1 lip)

Most at one time: 21 - 12 in my ears, 2 eyebrow, labret, lip, 2 tongue, both nipples, belly button.

2.) 3 tats - tramp stamp (ha!), flower on my hip and butterfly on my chest. Looking to get a few more. When inspiration hits me.

3.) I tend to do the whining until I'm annoying even myself, then adding a few minutes more to my work out.

4.) I will pick Monday next week. I will drink 96 oz of water (4 water bottles full) to help flush out my Chicago weekend trip. I will also not touch one sugary thing.

5.) It's actually from your blog! I loved the "F*ck Your Day" post. Reminds me of what I deal with with my hubby. Looooved it.

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

I haven't written a post yet for today. Now I have a plan! Thanks for a great week Draz.

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Hey PS, I think your style of writing rocks!!!!!!!!!!! The site is www.examiner.com and they do "local sites" by city. So check it out and see if there's one for your area and APPLY!!!! Not a ton of money, but I think it'll feel good to get paid for my thoughts.

Laura said...

Love your blog! Just found it this morning and thought I'd answer your questions.

1. Only 2 in each ear. I'm not very daring, though I keep considering getting an x-rated one when I'm finished losing weight. I don't know if I have the guts though.

2. No tattoos, though again, my hubby and I keep both talking about getting on. Highly looked down upon by my mother which is probably the very reason I will get one someday. When I do, it'll be the latin word "Veritas" which means Truth, somewhere on my back where it could be covered up or exposed when I want to. (Also it's my favorite word!)

3. I haven't hit any plateaus so far, only small bumps. But I find that if I read blogs of people who have amazing success stories, it helps get me going again.

4. I pick today to eat only healthy food.

5. My favorite blog is Lyn at 'Escape from Obesity' who has done an amazing job losing weight and changing her lifestyle to be a healthy one. I really admire what she has done for herself!

Band-Babe said...

I AM going to do a vlog TONIGHT... I WILL answer the BYOC questions...

My favorite post this week was the same as most bloggers... yours on antidepressents. You are a brave woman to take such a public stand. And it's awesome because I think both sides of any argument need to be expressed for anyone to make an informed decision for themselves. You are giving in ways I think you do not even realize.

Sandy Lee said...

But you tried to sabotage Carmen by telling her to go eat a Blizzard-yes she outed you. Bad Draz. JK. I understood every word of BB comment. I have copied it to save. LOL.

Jenny said...

I agree tattoos with meaning are the best!

Bonnie said...

I'd love to get a tattoo on my foot, but am a wussy.

Diz said...

I just want to say ILY. That's all. :) Oh yeah, and I have 7 piercings too, and 1 tat. :)

Ms. Chunky Chick said...

Draz i just wanted to let you know your realy an amazing momma pimp! xxoxoxox

AmeyinIdaho said...

Hey Drazil...Love your blog!! I totally spewed mashed potatoes reading your F*ck Your Day! post.

Anyway I invited myself to answer BYOC for Friday...

http://doesthisdonutmakemybuttlookbig.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-friday.html