Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Wish Wednesday....

I’m going to do something new – every Wednesday – out of selfishness and all in the name of my “improve Draz’s mental health journey” and well, cuz it’s gonna be fun. I’m calling it I wish Wednesday. Some of you probably think this is going to be foo-fooey and all gumdrop farting….um, not so much. Sometimes it might be – but not very often.

See – all my life I have been a major conflict avoider….which has caused me more internal pain than I care to admit….and thanks to my best friend Jenny – I’m really over that. I’m really over being walked on. I’m really into valuing myself more than that. BUT we all know there are certain circumstances when saying what you feel or blowing up just aren’t appropriate in real life….so I’m going to hold it in all week – until I Wish Wednesday and then WATCH OUT!

Read on – you’ll catch my drift. Oh feel free to have your own “I wish Wednesday” if it helps…I don’t mind.

1. I’ll start with a sappy I wish…..I wish I could let you all really know how much your comments and friendships mean to me. And to whoever became my 300th follower (I haven’t looked yet) – thank you. My OCD was kicking in and seeing 299 (I hate 9s and hate odd numbers) was driving me nutso! Most days I really don’t understand why people read me…..I often think they accidentally followed me and just haven’t taken the time to unfollow me but *sigh* - I doubt any of you really know what you have done for me and my life. It can’t be put into words.

2. To a certain family member that has no children and last night decided to roll their eyes at whatever my NINE and FOUR year old kids did….I wish you have 6 kids just like mine – one right after the other – and I hope they never sleep through the night and aren’t potty trained until they are 4. Get over yourself. You don’t know jack.

3. To another family member who can’t go on Facebook without chatting with me about the dumbest things like how many times I peed in a day…I wish you spilled Pepsi on your keyboard so you couldn’t type to me for just one day. I’m getting tired of hiding from you. Find another hobby. Facebook has games. Try them.

4. To the person who called in sick last night on a freaking Tuesday (I mean really – what is so important on a Tuesday night?) that made my husband pull a double shift at the prison and drive home on his motorcycle at night in the cold after only a few hours of sleep….I wish someone calls in sick on a weekend and gets you jammed to a second shift and I wish on that shift a prisoner smears poo on the walls and you have to clean it. Go to work buddy. It’s a Tuesday.

5. To another family member who had the nerve to ask my 9 year old a very personal question about her sitters (why they don’t have children) in front of my 4 year old thinking I’d never find out – I wish you’d understand the confusion this caused. 9 year olds, nor 4 year olds – give a damn about who has kids and who doesn’t. If someone doesn’t have kids – they have no idea that that’s not considered the norm….and that it’s no one’s business. I wish you could remember what it felt like to have to adopt two children on your own. I wish you’d act like an adult. I wish a mosquito would bite you on your left tit and you couldn’t scratch it cuz everyone would think you were feeling yourself up.

6. To a certain someone who is afraid to go on a family trip this weekend and wants to cancel out of fear – knock it off. I wish you could see that it will all be okay. I wish you knew you’ll have fun. I wish you realized how far you’ve come in that just a few months ago you indeed would have cancelled. You go girl….like for realz. Go. (yah this one was for me)

7. To my fellow blogger Sandy Lee, who sneakily suggested to Stephanie that everyone should unfollow me just for a day – thereby causing me to have a panic attack and hyperventilate and sob in a corner…I wish that for one day Sheniqua (my 15 lbs of fat) would live on your right middle finger so you couldn’t flip anyone off and you’d be forced to say “F*ck you” all day instead. Oh wait….you do that now. Crap. I must find a more evil wish. How about a butt boil the size of Texas? (Oh Sandy you know I love you…you make my heart sing.)

8. Lastly, to my Uncle whose girlfriend died in his arms this week. Stage 4 liver, pancreas and stomach cancer – dead in 6 weeks flat. Not even 50. She woke up and said, “Hold me, I’m dying.” And he did. And she died. I wish my Uncle peace though he already seems to have found it in knowing she is no longer in pain. I wish cancer didn’t exist. You suck cancer. You can go straight to hell.

That’s it for I Wish Wednesday. Anyone gonna join me? It actually felt pretty good!

Oh and today is my BYOC goal day….and holy crap a bunch of you are totally rocking your BYOC goals! I’m in a race with Carmen – we both committed to 64oz of the big H2O today. She’s going down!

And I’m so flipping excited to note my June stats here tomorrow!! Me hopes your little jaws drop!

18 comments:

Maybe This Time said...

OMG!!! it's me, it's me, it's me!!! i think i am your 300th follower!!! i am SO EXCITED!!! (please don't tell me if i'm not-BUT I AM!!!) aren't followers the coolest thing ever??? congrats btw. i know-this should be about you. but i feel like i just won BINGO!

so here's a lil treat for you (paste address). and i love your idea for i wish wednesdays...too cool...

http://blitherblathertherapysessions.blogspot.com/2010/04/warning.html

keep blogging!

Vaia said...

Freaking love this lady - freaking love it!!

tessierose said...

I wish I wasn't crying like a baby right now and... I wish you knew how much we all love you!

Jacquie said...

Yea, Draz..you stopped me cold with your last wish. You make my heart sing too!

Amy W. said...

Well shitballs, you almost made me cry! I like this new Wed thing you are doing.

Kisses my little snookie pop.

Jess said...

Hang on...I am still sniffling from #8. How upsetting!!! But all in all I am liking this idea of yours. Look at you and all your quirky little ideas. Oh and BTW thanks for monopolizing 2 days of the week now (Wed and Fri) haha. j/k Seriously, you rock Draz.

Corletta said...

Now...it's time to face your fear and tell some of those people the things that you wish/ed to tell them. You know?!?! There's no reason that you should keep all that inside :)

Carmen said...

i wish i could see draz actually fart a gumdrop

xoxo

Pamela E. Williams said...

LOL@ the last sentence in #5!!

To #8 I want cancer to go straight to hell too. I pray your uncle has a peace that surpasses all understanding.

I heart you Drazil.

Ice Queen said...

I read you because you are sweet, sensitive, insightful, frakking funny and because I have turned into a full blown Draz stalking maniac. I just can't help myself... ;) lol

I also hate cancer. I lost my Daddy to prostate cancer almost two years ago. Cancer can suck it, go to hell and burn for eternity. Than do it all over again.

LauraLynne said...

Love it! you're genius...and tell your Uncle God Bless from LauraLynne...

karen said...

Love ya too sister. I never know what I'm gonna get when I reada you. Am I gonna have to look deep and deal with the demons or am I gonna laugh til I pee my pants. Damn that sneaky pee.

Nella said...

Number 8 makes me sad...my heart goes out to you and your family!

Cindylew said...

Great new feature...don't know how you come up with these things but you always leave us wanting more of the "draz."
I heart you too, cupcake.

Joey said...

Oh, your poor uncle. So sad.

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

Nice feature, Draz. As always, you set the bar high.

Cancer is not our friend.

Congrats on breaking 300!

1reign said...

After just leaving an appointment with an oncologist at a cancer center (im all clear) and seeing how crowded it was, I too wish cancer would kick rocks it sucks. And the comment you left at my pity party makes me wish I could hug you...YOU DA BEST!

Sandy Lee said...

Me again. OK you are now just multi-posting so I have to exercise my fat middle finger. My trainer did a number on my body so be happy, I got my just rewards for my bad comment. Oh well, will have to do a I wish Wednesday too.

So sorry about your uncle's girlfriend and the lonely night at home because of the sickie. And sorry about every other bad thing in the world. We should all be in care bear land.