Thursday, June 17, 2010

None of your business....

Something we never thought would happen – has happened.

It is shocking really. We feel like we’ve entered the twilight zone. We couldn’t have planned this if we had tried. We have yet to figure out if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. We’re just so confused…it happened so fast…we didn’t see it coming. Although the Hooter’s outing should have been a dead giveaway.

Yes, my friends…it has happened. Me and Jenny’s husbands have become friends.

Hide your children! Shield your eyes! Try to stop shrieking in horror!

You all might be thinking this is a good thing but we’re not so sure. This could lead to “man only” events like our “girls only” event in Chicago. And while a Chicago trip is fine for us….we cannot say the same for them.

It all started when Jenny and I were chatting away on the phone like best friends do and all of a sudden Jenny’s husband says “let me talk to Rambo (that’s my husband remember?)”. First we dropped the phone in shock. Then it was 20 questions before we handed the phones over.

What are you going to talk about? Who are you going to talk about? Why would you need to talk to him? How long are you going to talk?

So we finally give up our conversation and Jesus - they went on and on. I heard dates mentioned, guns and range shooting, hunting, Cabela’s, trips, times, beers, ball scratching, etc. I paced nervously back and forth until they were done. It nearly killed me. Then I politely asked if I could have the phone back to talk to MY best friend.

My freaking phone call had been hijacked. Ridiculous.

Pretty soon they’re going to discuss shaving their balls while they fake an orgasm before they try on lingerie. Then they’ll get pedicures together and go shoe shopping. They’ll bitch about their love handles and want to do a vlog on OUR blog.

I’m going to need therapy. (well, more intense therapy anyway)

After the phone call ended I asked a million more questions. What did you talk about? What did you plan? Where are you going? Did you run that by me and Jenny first?

I got a smirk and a “none of your business”. I nearly went into convulsions. This is not good girls…not good at all.

We’ve created monsters. We TOLD them to go to Hooters and have a good time.

When Jenny's husband let my husband drive his new truck I should have known this was bound to happen.  And now this….

It’s enough to make me do the P word. And shove forks in my eyes while drinking gasoline.

You think this is how they feel when Jenny and I talk on the phone and start planning things??


24 comments:

Nicole said...

Hilarious!

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

That is funny, and I understand your dismay. I really hate it when one of my friend's call and my husband thinks she called to talk to him! Blah, blah, blah....

Give me that phone!! NOW! Step away from the phone and nobody has to die.....

Stephanie said...

How cute, Rambo and Jen's husband are having a "Bromance"!!

Vaia said...

It's actually kinda cute...doesn't a very small part of you think so?? Ha! Having said that, I'd probably be feeling the exact same way :)

Miss Vickie "The Queen Bee" said...

Well, think of the perks, you and Jen could see each other more often now!

Gilly said...

Weird. Tell Rambo that my hubs will be calling him tonight at 8 to talk about his feelings.

karen said...

Ha Ha Sounds like my husband and his best friend on the phone. Whenever his friend calls the house I announce that his "Brokeback Buddy" is on the phone - that always pisses them off

Butterfly/Amy said...

Sounds like the wonderful beginning of a lovely bromance. hahaha

Ice Queen said...

Hehehehe! They have become man BFFs.

There is no putting that genie back in the bottle. You and Jennie created this monster... Now you have to live with it. :D

Jenny said...

LOL, maybe now you will get to visit each other more often!

Jennifer said...

LMAO at this! SO TRUE. I was in shock when I got the phone back from him. What just happened?
And seriously, they think they are going to get together without us. Um...I don't think so.

Beth said...

ha ha ha you always make me laugh ... love love love you! Thanks for the hilarious blog

DB said...

You poor girls! This can't be good =;(

Sandy Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy Lee said...

Men. For a minute there I thought you were going to say you were pregnant. Then I had to re-read the next "Me and Jenny's husbands" as it didn't make full sense. OK, grammar lesson. It sounds like Jenny has multiple husbands and you, dear Draz are now friends with said multiple husbands.

Readinng on,I got it. A bit thick here but some of your posts take a bit of figuring out. So I say again, Men and their new found friendship. Yeah, they don't talk like us. More manly, manly stuff.


Had to delete the previous post as too many spelling mistakes. My keyboard has gone psycho on me.

Katie J said...

I thought you were preggers too but then realized you weren't. Glad I wasn't the only one.

TracyZ said...

Hilarious! I wish we lived closer to you because the stuff these men were planning sounds like stuff my husband would love to do too!!

Just think about all the extra girl time you'll have while they are off having boy time!!

Jess said...

I think I would want Mary's man (when she finally gets a man) to be buddies with my husband cause then I would have constant tabs on him! :) hehehe Give it a chance for p's sake!

Carmen said...

haha! rambo & mr. jenny sitting in a tree!
BROMANCE!!! :-)

VRaz60 said...

Good Lord!!! Have they set a date yet? Rented tuxes, bought the flowers, picked attendants? If not, you're probably ok for now.

Cindylew said...

Oh my...maybe we can get a group rate by having the husbands hold a "Bob's Convention" next to our "Boobs Convention".
Gotta love the Bromance.

My Life As I Live It said...

You think that's scary? My hubby became friends with my boss and nw they go to gun shows and shooting ranges together, sometimes I don't even know about it until after the fact.

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

No. I don't think that's how most husbands feel. Contrary to women's instinct for selfishness, they are selfish because they know it will help them be happier. See, when you are happy you are willing to Help him, to Love him and to Wrangle the kids. When he is 'happy' he comes home and recovers. And nobody gets nothin.

It's just that simple. :)

Susans Journey To Stay Fit said...

OMG too funny! Men! Thanks for the laugh today of all the things I needed I needed a laugh the most:)