Friday, June 18, 2010

There's got to be some hero in me...

Wow - I mentioned an anonymous commenter telling me about a song that helped him/her in dealing with insecurities and hiding within.  I just listened to it.  It's worth sharing.  It speaks to me.  The song/video is here.  Listen if you would and let me know what you think.

This song makes me wonder what kind of person I could have been had things been different growing up.

I imagine I'd be more successful.  Actually I'd stop reaching for success knowing I managed it long ago - the moment I was born.

I imagine I'd be more loving.  Or maybe I'd already know that my heart carries more than enough love for one lifetime.

I imagine I'd be someone...really someone..someone who changes other's lives so I would have worth.  Or maybe I'd finally realize you don't have to change anyone's life to have worth.

I imagine I'd go to bed at night and feel peace with who I am.  But maybe I'd know that who I am inside is peace at it's purest.

I imagine I'd give more of me and be selfish less.  Or maybe I'd be whole knowing I did what I could with what I had and that is always enough.

I imagine I'd never doubt my self-worth or my beauty or my ability to make people proud.  Maybe I'd realize the me that I am is indeed beauty and pride....

I imagine I'd smile more, talk more, leave the house more...just live more.  Maybe by now...I'd have seen....that there is a hero in me - inside and outside.

I've seen the hero in all of you.....do you see her too?

I think there might be one in me....and I won't stop until I find her.

Thank you anonymous commenter....I hope one day you will be un-anonymous so I can say thank you to the hero you truly are to me.

**********************

By the way these are the lyrics:

He's lived as long as he possibly can


Given the circumstance

'Cause he's protected himself from the world

He never gave it a chance

And he says: Here in my security

I've put a limit on my self potential and my possibility



She's seen these walls and they never change

Everything's in it's place

Her relationships so neatly arranged

Down to religion and race

And she says: Here in my security

I don't make a move unless my friends approve

I do what's expected of me



And as I grow older

And there's so much that I do not know

I'm drawn to those who are bolder

And go where no one dare to go



And I sleep

And I dream of the person I might have been

Then I'm free again

And I speak

Like someone who's been to the highest peaks

And back again

And I swear

That my grass is greener than anyones

'Til I believe again

Then I wake

And the dream fades away and I face the day

And I realize

There's got to be some hero in me



They've been supressing their every desire

They do nothing on a whim

She's lost her sparkle and he's lost the fire

Their future looks very dim



And I say: Here in my security

I've simply let myself go

I've developed a co-dependency



And as I grow older

So many places that I've never been

Time's tapping on my shoulder

I hope it's never too late to begin



And I sleep

And I dream of the person I might have been

Then I'm free again

And I speak

Like someone who's been to the highest peaks

And back again

And I swear

That my grass is greener than anyones

'Til I believe again

Then I wake

And the dream fades away and I face the day

And I realize

There's got to be some hero in me




8 comments:

Pamela E. Williams said...

This song and post made me cry. Don't know why right now. I imagine I will figure that out soon.

Band-Babe said...

WOW. Time's tapping on my shoulder... and this song speaks nothing but the truth for me and I'll bet for so many people.

Maybe we should vote on making it the official BOOBs theme song?

And on a whim... Jeff (do you think he minds if I shorten it?) Gaines is pretty hot. Well, pretty AND hot. Geez.

Jess said...

Touching! :*)

Band-Babe said...

PS- I've written down my vlog fodder questions... thank you!

Ice Queen said...

Wow! That hit a little close to home.

Probably needed it. Thank you.

DiZneDiVa said...

That song is very moving. I love music that makes me think and cry. I love crying... at movies, tv... even some commercials. Crying is a therpeutic release... and I sure need therapy! *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at Band Camp..."

Carmen said...

:-)

Sandy Lee said...

Because we never really know how things could have been we have to accept how things are now and live to be the best we can. I wonder sometimes if we chose door number 2 instead of door number 1, but we will never know. Have you ever watched "Sliding Doors" or the "Butterfly Effect". Sometimes without our past experiences we would be worse off. Take the blessings you have today and just live in the now. Because we never know what tomorrow will bring.