Friday, July 30, 2010

BYOC - Bring Your Own Craziness...

BYOC my little bumblebees....we get to know each other better and we get a free blog topic for our fried brains!  Join in if you want and ENJOY!

1.  What is your favorite genre of movies?  (comedy/romance/horror/action)

* I'm big into romances or comedy.  I've never seen most horror movies cuz I'm very nightmare prone and sad movies stick with me way too long so I stay away from those too.  This tends to be a problem - Rambo LOVES scary, gory, action movies!

2.  What do you order when you eat Chinese food?

* I am a HUGE plain Jane eater - which again doesn't jive with Rambo who can eat jalepeno sandwiches cuz he was born in Louisiana - so even with Chinese food I special order....fried rice, white chicken, no veggies and white sauce on the side...which isn't really Chinese when it's all said and done. 

3.  Okay no one kill me for this one - and don't answer if you don't want to BUT I just saw some preview for Dr. Phil on swingers and I wondered - what's your take on swingers.....for it, against it, do it, would never do it, etc.?

* Even though I live in a very small town, around here there's a pretty big group of swingers but it's very hush hush as to who is exactly in it.  As for me - not so much - I have actually known some people who tried it and then couldn't keep their emotions out of it and ended divorcing over it.  I just don't know how sex could just be sex every time and how you wouldn't get favorites and form attractions BUT I also say if it's for you - have at it cuz to each his own.  Rambo and I will be swingers....from trapezes.

4.  Let's go back to a repeat question.  Pick one thing you'll do one next week that is for your physical/mental health.

*  I have mastered the water drinking since doing Atkins and I have kicked caffeine in the ass (can you tell I'm shocked proud?)  BUT I haven't gone back to running - I took 10 days off for my tattoo to heal and I need to get back to it.  I pledge to run at least one day next week.  Oh and update - down another 1/2 pound today so that's 8 lbs in 9 days!  Can I get an AMEN?

5.  Repeat question.  Which blog or comment stuck with you the most this week and why?

* Hands down for me this week was Carmen's mom post.  I asked her to write it a while ago and I knew it would be hard for her and I'm so glad she did....I wanted to "meet" the woman behind our Carmie...and now I feel like I have.

* I'm also super proud of Jacquie who recently got back on her hubby's bike after tragedy struck earlier this year....so proud of her!

And all of you girls getting excited and posting fears about Chicago and stuff make me feel better about mine.  I cannot wait to meet so many of you!

As far as comments - everyone has had my back this week as I faced more flood challenges and basically pouted in the corner....and I'm now not in said corner...because of you all.

16 comments:

DiZneDiVa said...

Great answers! Some good questions this week. *Maria*

Julie, The Accidental Fat Chick said...

Just the word "swingers" makes me giggle... So not for me, but I figure each to their own and if that's your thing go for it.

Btw, I finally wrote about Victoria Secret for you. :)

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Psssst! Drazil!

I love you!

Leslie said...

1. romance and comedy
2. chicken and broccoli or kung pao shrimp
3. swingers...to each his own said the lady she kissed the cow
4. daily walking meditation
5. all of them

Pamela E. Williams said...

Yay!!! Its good to see you posting.

Amy said...

I was more shocked by the PLAIN chinese food than I was by the swingers. ;)

Roxie said...

No broccoli? No carrots? No water chestnuts? Draz c'mon! Though my husband would be right there with you. Meat and sauce and rice. He's happy.

AMEN on the 8 lbs! It's been 2 weeks since I've given up soda, but not caffeine. You have strength.

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

http://lizandrk.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award.html
I nominated you for an award!!! Check it out, lovely!

Carmen said...

:-) love you!!

Angela Pea said...

Hey Draz!

Excellent BYOC this week!

For me,
1. Comedy - Sci Fi
2. Kung Pao chicken and Mu shoo pork
3. Swingers? Too weird to think about. How did you and R anchor the trapeze? Methinks a little remodeling is in order.
4. Up the speed on the Speed Walking, remember the vitamins. I'm considering taping the bottle to the steeringwheel of the car.
5. Everything I read this week - happy, sad, empowered, and the eternall working on it. Loved it all this week.

Lucas said...

First.....SMOOCH!

Second.....ANSWERS!
1. Comedy! I love to laugh!
2. Totally varies. Love Chinese food!
3. Swingers...Love it! Don't do it, but am down with alternative lifestyles.
4. STOP the indulgences. I am eating healthy but also throwing in lots of splurges. Need to tighten the reigns.
5. Love Fatasses Bikini post. HOT MOMMA and SO BRAVE! :)

Hugs and Happy Friday! Lovin' your Craz, Draz!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

You're adorable! We are too much alike!

Camille said...

Just a general comment....Thank you so much for coming up with these questions every week! You are really a wonderful and giving person and I can't wait to meet you!

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

Any movie with Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan, Natalie Portman, or Richard Gere; any thing from P.F. Chang's; just say "no" to swinging; more exercise; why yours, of course, about rising above the flood.

Have a good weekend, Draz!

Scuttleboose said...

request pics of new ink. pronto.

AmeyinIdaho said...

It is so good to see the old Draz back!

8 lbs/9 days? You rock!!...oh and AMEN!!

...going to do BYOC now...better late than never :)