Friday, July 23, 2010

BYOC Friday!!!!! **Bring Your Own Craziness**

It’s time for BYOC Friday. Get to know your fellow bloggers better AND give your blogging brain a break! Enjoy!


1. Let’s brag a little….what’s the best perk you’ve ever had in your job (current or past)? Any employment counts - even if you’re a stay at home mom – you have perks (and the hardest job ever in my opinion).

• I used to work at a bank and the best perk there was an awesome mortgage rate but that’s not “fun”. Where I work now we get on-site massages twice a week so that’s kinda cool and flexible work hours. I’ve been here 11 years and have never worked a full Friday ever.

2. Do you ever lie in your blog?

Hmmm – I think I have. I’m pretty sure when I’ve reported in the past that I ate let’s say 15 Milky Ways – it was probably closer to 20. As far as lying about real things I don’t think so. I try to remain fairly anonymous (no name and pics only stay up for a few days) and so I’m kind of an omitter….which to some is lying. This is probably the only place I let it out all cuz in every day life I of course lie. I of course tell Martha Stewart I love her Little House on the Prairie dress from the 30s and I tell Explosive Man on a daily basis Good Morning when I know that ain’t gonna be possible as soon as his ass blows up.

3. What do you wear to bed?

I’m a dork here. I know most people are religious about what they wear – it’s either pajamas, a certain piece of clothing or nothing. For me – it changes almost every night. Most of the time it’s nude cuz Rambo sleeps that way. Other nights it’s pajamas. Other nights just undies. Other nights I’m so tired I wear to bed whatever I have on. Other nights I’m dressed up like an Eskimo. I am a hot sleeper – rarely use anything but a sheet even when it’s 20 below here so less is usually better. However, Rambo has never been home at night with me until just one year ago so staying dressed seemed like the right thing to do since I would be the one up with our girls if they needed something. Now though – I’m free and naked all the time…usually.

4. Where do you go for advice?

This one is easy for me. Rambo, Jenny, myself and then probably my mom.

5. Repeat question. Make someone a superstar without using a blog award. What comment or blog stuck with you the most this week and why?

Hmmm…I think I’ve been sucking this week at commenting and I’m sorry about that. I love comments so much so it irritates me so much when I can’t give them back.

LDSwims blog was tough for her to write about not going to Chicago. My BFF’s blog about her frustration this week made my heart ache…it’s hard to see her sad/mad/unhappy….but she’ll get through it. Erika at Fat Like Me is down 50lbs through calorie counting and exercise and posted pictures which I know is hard for her but every day she amazes me….every single day.

I’d have to say not necessarily a blog this week but emails from all the BOOBS planners that have been going back and forth. We have some awesome planners and I’m grateful for all their work…..and you will be too come September!

Oh and Jacquie left me a comment about riding again after she lost her Dad and brother-in-law in a motorcycle accident and it brought tears to my eyes…the thought that she is ready for that makes my heart sing. Proud just doesn’t describe it. Go Jacquie!

**********************************************
ODD is still in full force. I ended yesterday way under 500 cals because I played soccer for an hour and burned 447 cals. Same for Rambo – he’s well under 500 cals too. Our stomachs must be shrinking because both of us have commented we aren’t even hungry. All out soccer wasn’t hard – we had tons of energy. It felt great. I had ½ can of Mt. Dew as part of my weaning slowly and I plan to have none today. I want to be off soda for good by Tuesday – one week from the start of my detox. Rambo hasn’t had any. Quite an accomplishment for a guy who had 3-6 every day. He lost another ½ pound today for a total of 6 in 3 days. I gained back ½ pound but I’m not surprised after the workout last night. I’m still down 5 and I just feel better. Tonight we shop in prep for Atkins!! Until then we are studying the plan….and getting excited!

Have a good weekend my sunflowers...

8 comments:

Seeing in colour said...

I loved how quickly you could answer the advice question... that was the hardest for me.

Thanks for sharing i love BYOC!

Ash

Vaia said...

Just a quick hello this week! Have a fantastic weekend :)

Jess said...

Good BYOC, flowerpuff! I am so proud of you and that you are dropping Mountain Dew. I know how very hard it must be to let go of such a bright neon yellowish-green drink, but you can do it! I believe in you! I am just not strong enough for the Atkins. I barely survived the South Beach and they let you have CEREAL! But you will drop the weight for sure.

AtoZ said...

Hi Draz! I’ve been reading for a while, getting banded next week, and just started a blog. I’ve been reading all my fave lapband bloggers answer your byoc Qs for months, and I think I’ll make this my first!

Sooze said...

Oh on site massages! That sounds lovely!

Carmen said...

fix your layout!! i edited my byoc, go read :-)

Steph said...

Ok, I'm about to BYOC! And good for you with Atkins - I lost a lot of weight quickly on it. I think you'll do great!

Band-Babe said...

Thanks for another great BYOC...