Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just call me Dupid.

Mmkkkaaayyy my raindrops…..I’m just going to warn you that this is going to be mucho randomness. I can’t think straight today to save my ass….


1. First – I need to apologize. I have been craptastic and shitabulous at commenting this week on your blogs. I’ve indeed been craperrific at just about everything I’ve done this week so it’s nothing personal. Please know I haven’t been absent….I have been reading every one….so my spirit is with you even if my comments aren’t.

2. It’s 117 with the heat index here and you know what I want do be doing? Running. This is when I love to run the most. When it nearly kills me and I get a huge sweat detox and burn a gazillion calories. Even my little girl’s soccer game got cancelled due to heat. That’s probably good. At the last game, I stood up and had sweat marks on my shirt and in the creases of my shorts where my legs bend. Can you say sexy? Gross. Have I mentioned I’m a sweater? I should lose a pound a day just in sweat…but nope…I just sweat to be pretty I guess.

3. Speaking of running – you may be thinking – well duh – then why doesn’t she just go run? Cuz I’m dupid. Yes dupid. That would be dumbass stupid – dupid. I got a tattoo on my foot. I even have a motorcycle ride all day Saturday in which I usually wear boots…my tattoo artist nearly refused to do my foot tattoo when she found that out. She wants no shoes for 7-10 days. She might as well have taken a poo in my Cheerios. I begged her to do it – told her I’d wear flip flops on the motorcycle if I had to. Yes, folks, my mother would scream bloody murder if she knew that. Then again if we wreck….way more than my feet are gonna get hurt so I’m not sure if it matters. Anywhoozle – I cannot run either – no tennis shoes you know? If I said I was okay with that and it wasn’t making me call myself a no good dupid lazy person – I’d be lying. Oh and the tattoo is 4 ladybugs – purple, pink, blue and green. I wish Jenny was here to tell me she loved it cuz I’m just not sure.

4. Remember the cancelled soccer game? Well I had to call my parents to tell them it was cancelled. My Dad answered. I nearly dropped the phone. Remember how I don’t call people or answer the phone except for a select group of people? Well suffice it to say in my 35 years of life I have only spoken to my Dad on the phone maybe 5 times. He absolutely wouldn’t pick up the phone when I was growing up – ever. Anyway – he picked up, I picked myself up off the floor and said “the game is cancelled.” He said, “Well tell that little girl of yours we would have been there tonight okay?” I did. And my heart soared. One sentence and the fact that he made plans to come to a game for my little girl when he never attended one thing for me….well…it’s priceless.

5. I’ve decided to do something radical to lose weight before vacation. It’s also before I have my yearly checkup and I need to see if at my goal weight my cholesterol and BP indeed are normal or if that’s just a fantasy. If at goal weight my numbers don’t improve then meds are going to come into play but I will never know unless I get to goal.

I’m meeting nearly every relative my husband has soon and for this anxiety ridden woman – wow – can you say overload? Being at goal weight would sure make feeling good physically a lot easier so I can deal with the mega mental stress I’ll be going through. 7 days with the in-laws and people I’ve never met and swimming pools and 2 kids in a 17 hour car ride. You may never see me again. Anywhoozle…don’t hate me….it’s just something I need to do. And I’ve got flab to spare – I promise.


BYOC tomorrow – hope you come along for the ride.

18 comments:

Leah said...

I bet you the lady bugs look beautiful!! I have a foot tattoo myself and I love it. What matters is that you love your tattoo, don't care what others think!!

And your not dupid, you just had a blonde moment! There are tons of other things you can do besides running... like lunges, exercises at the house... it'll be great!! You'll do great!!

Well good luck with everything!! You can do it!! :)

Vaia said...

Put up a pic of the tattoo D!!
Also, I freaking LOVE exercise sweat!! Love it. Freakishly love it. It feels like such an accomplishment when I'm done.

Xina said...

I was just reading an article about barefoot running the other day. Sounds like the answer you're looking for!

tessierose said...

What's the radical weight loss secret for before vacay ? I hear if you tatoo the inside of your mouth you can't eat for 7 days...lol! I want to see the lady bugs, I'm sure they are fab and worth everybit of the wait for excersise. I'm glad your dad was nice!

Miss Vickie "The Queen Bee" said...

OMG, We call our Yorkie Poo Dupid Dummy Barker!! Her real name is Jane Ass! Too funny. Isn't it great when your parents says all the right things?

Marie said...

You look great!! Why are you even worried about meeting the relatives?!!!

1reign said...

Hey we all have our moments, but seeing that is hotter than satan's boudoir here in Florida, I can't imagine wanting to be running in it, so that alone is impressive. I can barely manage the strength to walk to the car in this heat, so muggy you step out the door and it immediately feels like someone suck all the air out of your body.

DB said...

I bet your new Tat is adorable - I love lady bugs. I got goose bumps when I read about you Dad answering the phone - there's hope yet, right? Love ya!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I want to see a picture of the tat. Right Now!!!! ok, whenever you can, but don't leave us in suspense.

KRISTI said...

I have a tattoo on my foot as well. I also made the mistake of not knowing the "rules" that came with it. I was in track in college at the time and HAD to run a couple days after getting it. I have always regretted it as the part of my tattoo closest to my toes was effected and is now lighter and more fuzzy than the rest- so listen!!! :)
Also- I want to know this drastic thing you are doing- I might participate. I am also going on a family reunion - 22 hours away from home- in two weeks! :) we could live dangerously together...

Pamela E. Williams said...

No need for apologies, we know that you got going on.

Glad your heart swelled when you dad answered and said he would have been at your little girl's game. That had to have felt good.

Ice Queen said...

You are not dupid.

Post a pic of the tattoo... Then we can tell you how fab it is. :D

Well, that week will be a baptism by fire, won't it? You can do this, Draz! Be strong, stand in your beauty and confidence and be your charming, funny, sweet self.

Cindylew said...

So great about the good moment with your Dad...that's terrific.
Cupcake...we need a tattoo pic yesterday.

Jacquie said...

I miss my "moments" with my Dad but I'm glad yours is still here to give you some...you deserve them and so do your girls.

I would love to see the new tat pic also! Love ya!

Amaris said...

Great moment with your dad. Woot!

Let's see a picture of the tat! Personally, I prefer piercings, but lady bugs are good!

I'd be anxiety-ridden, too, about meeting all those new people, so I totally understand where you're coming from. I have an art show in October and two in November -- I'm trying to figure out how to lose 178 pounds by then! LOL!

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

I'm happy you got that boost from your dad. Maybe he's softening up a bit.

Pic of the tat! Pic of the tat!

DiZneDiVa said...

You are fabulous and I adore you! Besides that, I can't imagine wanting to run... even if someone was chasing me, my analitical mind says... would being raped really be that bad? I know, joking about rape is in bad taste... but there's no accounting for taste with me and my wit. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at Band Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

AmeyinIdaho said...

I'm with DizneDiva....running is not something I get...especially in the heat.

And we want to know what your plan is to lose those extra pounds by your vacation. Come on...you'll share pics of your sweaty boobs but not your weight loss secret?? That's just stingy!!

I want at tattoo on my foot too. But living in Idaho there is only like 2 months out of the year that it's warm enough to not wear shoes, and I've heard that your feet hurt like a bitch. Of course, I don't see how it could hurt worse than having my lips or eye liner done. Oh...and when you have our lips done you can't eat anything for 4 days. You can only suck things through a straw. I always lose weight when I get mine touched up LOL.

I have a really strained relationship with my father..maybe one of these days I'll blog about it...so I totally understand the whole talking to your dad 5 times thing. I think if my dad every made an attempt to have anything to do with my kids I'd have a stroke. So I'm happy for you that he's come around for your kids. My sister says it's because our parents know they are getting old and are trying to get into heaven. LOL.

Have a great sweaty weekend!!