Saturday, August 14, 2010

Clearly I miss you already.....oh and a challenge!

I can't stop posting or commenting or loving or crying at sad posts....*sigh*....the question remains:  Can Drazil survive 8 days without my blog and blog friends?  At this point I don't know.  I do NOT have a laptop to take with me....but I may have time to hop on for a quick post to tell you I'm alive.  I will be calling Jenny so she can let you know if I'm alive too.

NOW ON TO A CHALLENGE!

Joey mentioned that we should do a challenge before the BOOBS convention...and I agree.  Joey is uber busy right now so I'll host it if you guys want to participate!  (Hope that's okay Joey!)  And no - you do not have to be going to BOOBS to participate.  I talked to Jenny about it this morning and in order for the most people to be involved, we decided it's not going to be another weight loss challenge....sort of.

Some are at goal, some have very few to lose, some have much to lose so sometimes it can come off in bigger amounts than some with only a little left to lose and most of our challenges are about weight.

This challenge is about working out and exercise.  I know there are many of you that can completely lose weight without exercising and that's good but exercise isn't all about weight loss.  It's about a stress reliever, endorphins being released and general heart, BP, etc health.  Soooo with that being said....

I'm going to keep it simple. 

It's going to be the most workouts (must be at least 20 minutes/heart rate must be up and it must be a calculated workout).  I realize cleaning and raking and such is exercise but I'd like that to just be daily life.  I'd like a workout to count for this challenge if it's something you plan and go do if you know what I mean.

Keep a log - and the person with the most workouts wins a prize!

The other part will be this.  The most miles walked/ran.  I know some of you do Zumba or boxing or something that doesn't constitute miles so you'll have to enter the number of workout part only.  Those of you who walk or run, keep track of that workout and keep track of the amount of miles you go.

Keep a log - and the person with the most miles wins a prize!

In order to give everyone the chance to log in and check blogs and such I'd like this to start on Friday, August the 20th and end on Friday, September the 24th!  That's 5 exact weeks - 35 short days!

Let me know if you want to sign up and I'll keep a list of competitors.  I may ask for updates and post them randomly so all of you with competitive spirits can be motivated along the way so keep your logs current!

Be sure to let your followers know about the challenge since I'm sure all of your followers don't follow me so they won't know about it unless you tell them.

Here's the challenge picture...please post on your blog.  And yes - I'm fully aware had Joey made up this picture it'd be smoking awesome and we'd all be proud to put it on our blogs.  You'll just have to deal with this and suck it up...it's the best I got.  You're lucky I didn't just put up a picture of a Care Bear and call it good.


NOW WHO'S IN????????????

44 comments:

Joey said...

Love it! Thank you!!

Jennifer said...

Mememememe! I'm in!

Nella said...

Ok, 20 minutes every day for 35 days??

Ice Queen said...

I'll play. Especially since it starts on the 20th. :D

I know that I don't stand a rat's chance in hell of actually winning this thing but I will make this a personal challenge to get my ass out there and walk as often as physically possible for me and to log as many miles as I can.

So, yeah. I'm in. :D


Girl, you need a lappie! Seriously. Internet on the go rocks. And I am going to miss you terribly when you dissappear for eight days. It will be nice to know that you are having fun all that time, tho.

Ice Queen said...

Oh, and I think that your banner is great. Art is subjective. ;) :D

kagead said...

If you haven't noticed already, I'm not exactly the competitive type, but for some reason I really want to do this. Maybe it is is because all the cool kids will doing it. :)

Count me in, for whatever that's worth!

V said...

count me in!

Jacquie said...

Ok, my Darlin', I am in! I too will miss you very much while you are on vacay but will feel better knowing you are with your family and having FUN...you will have fun, you know!

Miss Vickie "The Queen Bee" said...

I'm in! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Jo said...

Yes! Please count me in. I hope it will inspire me to add a few minutes to my walks.

Linda said...

Oh god- I'm in. I guess this what I bought the expensive workout gear for.

Sam said...

Count me in:)

I need something to keep my accountable:P

Stephanie said...

I'm in, too, but the last two days of the challenge, I'll be in Chicago, so those are days I won't get a workout...I'lljust have to kick ass on the other days. I'm assuming that this is all on the honor system!! :)

Nikki said...

SURE! I am game...finally get my ass into a challenge! Maybe it will keep my ass on track!!!

Amaris said...

I'm going to miss you while you are gone! At least I can comfort myself with the knowledge that you are having a GREAT time! But girl, you seriously need a laptop!

Will think about the challenge. Some days, it is all I can do to just get around, I abused my body so much for so long before I started losing weight. But I'm thinking that it will help me get myself in gear!

The Shrinking Rini said...

Count me in! Love it! I wish I was one of those people that could lose weight without having to work out! Does working out for more than 20 minutes count for extra?!! ;o)

AmeyinIdaho said...

Me too! Count me in :)

And I will miss you very much! But I can't wait to here all the great stories when you get back.

Have a blast!!

Barbara said...

Me to me too

TracyZ said...

I am definitely in!! Exactly the kind of challenge that will keep me off the couch and out and about. Perhaps I will also finally get my hubby to get my pedometer set up. I'll be Zumba'ing and walking/jogging/hiking hopefully every day of the challenge! Thanks for putting this together!!! :)

TnT said...

I'm a Challenge virgin, so with that, I'm IN!!! Thanks, and love the banner!

Nawlinz Lady (Dee) said...

OMG This is perfect! I am definately in!

Southern Belle said...

I am totally in...I can't get the scale to move but working out I can do...

-Grace- said...

Alright, count me in. I need some motivation to get me back in the game!

Bonnie said...

Miss you already! Question about the challenge. Not quite sure about counting work outs. You said it has to be at least 20 minutes. So if I work out 40 minutes at a time, I only count that as 1 workout, but if I work out 2 separate times for 2o minutes I can use that as 2 workouts? Not that I'm doing either right now, but just wanted to make sure I count correctly for challenge. Sorry if I'm overthinking it.

SheFit said...

WOW! I just found your blog and LOVE it. This challenge is great!!!!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Count me in!

Now for logging: For the runners and cyclers out there, www.dailymile.com is a GREAT site for logging mileage. It even gives you a link to put up a widget ON your blog to show your daily miles, weekly miles, and total miles. It's super awesome! I'll mention it on my blog as well if people want to start using it!

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

This sounds good. I also use daily mile.

Nikki P said...

Oh yes please, count me in. It will be a great way to start my new exercise program.

Roo said...

I am in! Gotta move my butt if I am going to jog part of the 5k!

~ Katie ~ said...

Count me in. I need some serious motivation :)

Gina said...

I would like to play too. Here's to success all around:-)

Cassandra said...

I've never done one of these before, but I just left my person trainer :( and I think it's a good way to stay motivated!

So I'm in!!

Island Bandit said...

I'd like to join the challenge. I walk and swim some days but work with personal trainer 2x week so think I'll have to enter the workout challenge.
Wish I could do Chicago, but it's looking like while you all are there, I'm gonna be getting my BAND!

Pamela E. Williams said...

ok, although I'm afraid everyone will kick my butt, I'm in.

Kerri said...

Count me in!!! I need someone to light a fire under my big ass!!!

Jen said...

add me to the list... I'll be logging miles :)

Roxie said...

I'm IN!

Robin said...

I'm in... I think I'm logging sessions and miles both.

Lynda said...

OK, I'm in! I haven't done much in the way of exercise since surgery 10 weeks ago and this is just what I need!

-Lynda (formerly The Band Saga)
www.thistimenextyear-mynewblog.blogspot.com

Gen said...

I need a challenge! I'm in.

Ginger said...

i am so very VERY much in. i need some motivation to work out more!! thanks

Amy said...

I'm in! I definetly need the motivation to keep running - Thanks!

Lillie said...

I want in....i will never win, but I can challenge myself!!! I need this...thank you

McCulley's said...

ME ME ME ME ME!!!!! PICK ME!!!! Lol. Can't wait!
http://skidamarinkyshrink.blogspot.com