Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The countdown begins!!!!

What a monumental weekend I had this past weekend and what a monumental week I have ahead of me. The excitement is beginning – I’m going on vacation for the first time ever with my whole family! Wow! You all have to be proud of me – I’m officially more excited than scared! Can you believe it?


This last weekend Rambo went to an all day heavy metal concert – complete with naked women, drugs and drinking and mosh pits. Thank goodness he only took part in the mosh pit part. Normally though all day long and before I would worry. Incessantly. I’d be afraid of traffic, him getting hurt in the pits, him getting sunburned or dehydrated or that he wouldn’t come home. Something. It would envelope my whole day.

This time though? Not this girl. I kissed him and made sure to give him a lecture about the naked women and out the door he went. I spent the day school shopping and cleaning, gave myself a pedicure and get this??? I was invited to a friend’s house just to hang out and of course – I said no – and wasn’t going to go until the last minute I decided to go. Rambo wasn’t due home until after 2am so why not right? I went – I laughed – and I beat Rambo home! He got home and was calling everyone wondering where I was! I was out carousing! Who would have guessed?? You can’t call me a hermit anymore. Cuz remember, my new nickname is Turkey.

My 9 year old is officially moved upstairs and Rambo officially has a man cave downstairs with his own man bathroom to boot. Very little evidence of the re-flood exists – which is a relief to me. Everyone is a happy camper – well, except for those of us who now have to shut the door to get dessert. Seriously, Watermelon (9 yr old) is on Cloud 9. You cannot get her out of her room. I decorated it in polka dots in all the basic colors. It is super cute. Maybe I shall take pics.

My gigantic to do before vacation list is dwindling my friends…only a few things to cross out. I start packing tonight. Which brings me to a question? How the hell do I pack for a week? This girl is an over-packer when it comes to just 2 days – ask Jenny – she’s seen it. And two little girls? It’d be simpler if I could walk around in a bikini the whole 8 days but I’m pretty sure people want to try to eat food at some point instead of being in constant vomit mode…..so fine…I’ll put clothes on. Whiners.

DVD players are packed. MP3 players are packed. The GPS is packed. How the hell did anyone travel before technology?

Oh yes, and Mama has her Valium, Xanax and my cocaine. Oh Jesus you guys – I’m kidding. Remember me? Never even been drunk girl. One of any of those pills and I’d be in a coma for the whole 8 days. Besides I’ve got my Rambo – and Watermelon and Banana – and a new belly button piercing and my new ghost tattoo so I’m all good! I owe you guys so many pictures huh?

If I get enough time I might go back through my archives and post some of my favorite old blogs to appear when I’m gone just so you all don’t go into convulsions from missing me too much. (Ego much Draz?) When I get back I will need summaries of everyone’s weeks so I don’t miss anything…..panic attack city over that I tell you.

I have pre-scheduled BOOBs features to go out each day I’m gone so if you need a Draz fix…hop over to the BOOBs blog.

And don't forget our Go-Chica-Go challenge begins this Friday!  We have 38 entries so far!! 

How will I survive without you all???

23 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think I have separation anxiety! I'm HYPERVENTILATING over here!

Jennifer said...

And I'm the FIRST commenter- YESSSsssssssssssssss!

Carmen said...

geez i'll miss you! i hope you have a great & safe trip!

DB said...

I am so happy for you- way to leave the hermit life behind!!!! I hope you have a wonderful vacation - as a matter of fact - I am sure you will :) Take care Love!

kagead said...

Safe travels, take tons of pics and have an AMAZING time. Can't wait to hear the stories when you get back.

TracyZ said...

Have a wonderful vacation! I'll miss your words of wit and wisdom while you're away!

Lucas said...

VERY proud of you! That's some BIG progress. Hope you have a ball on vacay. And yes. You owe us pictures. Lots and lots of pictures! :)

Genise said...

Your the woman! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Miss you already! <3<3<3<3

Fiona said...

Well done, have a super vacation. You know you don't sound like a hermit at all but I know it's not always been easy. Please lots of pics upon your return. I'll miss your blog so much. Safe journey x

Leslie said...

Have fun on the trip - it's great that you're excited! My old lady advice is: keep your expectations low. Non-existent if possible. Just go with the flow.

Also good you could detach from the husband at the concert worry. I used to do that stuff and drive myself insane. Not'ny more! Yay for approaching mental health!

Pamela E. Williams said...

How the heck will we survive without YOU!!!! OMG, *sigh* I will be a big girl. So happy for Watermelon (such a cute nickname)and her new room. I wouldn't come out either. Have fun!

Nella said...

The last munute ventures are the best! keep on rockin sunshine!

Amaris said...

I shall miss you while you are gone, my new friend! I really enjoy reading your blog. Good for you for letting go of worry the day that Rambo went to the concert. YOU ROCK!

Have fun on vacation. We will all miss you, but you so deserve this good time! **HUG**

Kerri said...

Miss you already!!!

Jacquie said...

We are gonna need one hell of a group hug in Chicago for everything that we ALL overcame this year! Have a wonderful time and most importantly, just enjoy your family and RELAX!

MandaPanda said...

We'll miss you! Have a great time and don't stress too much!

Diz said...

OMG you sound so happy and upbeat. I love it. Have so much fun on your vacay dahling- you deserve every single second of bliss it brings. We will be right here waiting for all the juicy details when you get back. LOVE YOU!!!! xoxoxox

Cindylew said...

Have a great time with your family.
Be safe and we'll all be hear waiting for you when you return.
Loves ya.

Jenny said...

Enjoy your trip! You have earned it! I will miss you bunches!!

Kristin said...

What will we do without you? Have a great trip, I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

Have a great time, Draz! Be good (OK, not too good) and don't worry about anything. Just let go and enjoy your family time together.

Eat! Play! Love!

Stephanie said...

Were we supposed to send money or anything for the challenge? If so, I am a total slack ass, so I owe you!