Monday, August 16, 2010

More on the Go-Chica-Go challenge!

In my haste to talk about “touchy subjects” I forgot to say this:


We have nearly 30 people entered in our “Go-Chica-Go Challenge” already and it doesn’t officially start until Friday, the 20th.

Let me answer a few questions I got.

I said one of the rules was it had to be 20 minutes minimum to count as a workout. Someone asked if they worked out 40 minutes if that counted as two. My answer is no unless you worked out 20 minutes in the morning and a separate 20 minutes at night or something. One continuous workout – even if it’s two hours – only counts as one workout. Does that make sense?

Also – um yes – totally on the honor system so just keep a running tally yourself of miles or workouts or both. I will be asking for them throughout the challenge.

You can enter for tracking miles or workouts or both….if you mainly do Zumba or boxing or something, the miles challenge would be hard to apply…so you’d just tally your number of workouts.

And remember - anyone can join.  Man or woman, banded, not banded, going to Chicago with the BOOBS or not!  It's open to anyone wanting to increase their exercise!

Considering I’ve sucked ginormous donkey balls at working out the last two months I’m excited for this challenge. I doubt I’ll get to do it specifically during my vacay but after that – watch out ladies!

My stats for the year are:

328.4 miles
112 days
40,259.2 calories
93.93 hours

I’d really love to end the year at 500 miles, 175 days, 50,000 calories and 120 hours. Think I can do it?

Anyone setting goals for the challenge? How many miles will you go? How many days will you complete?

GO CHICA GO!

14 comments:

TracyZ said...

I am really going out on a limb and setting a goal of doing something for 20 minutes every day of the challenge.

I am not a mile counter so I'll be counting workouts only. I actually started today. This morning I jogged and walked for 40 minutes.

I am going to try and use your challenge as a way to make a morning jog part of my normal routine...regardless if I Zumba at night or not!

Mary said...

Can I still enter the challenge? I've been out of town this weekend! I'm so excited!!

Jen said...

I would like to enter please!! thanks!

Ice Queen said...

I will be tracking miles... Of course. :D

I'm looking forward to this challenge. I think that it will give me some additional motivation to walk as much as I possibly can. :D

Ice Queen said...

He He. I figured out how to follow you a second time. I just followed with my nail blog profile. :D Sorry it couldn't be twenty. Did the best I could. :D

Kerri said...

I definitely want to be part of the challenge! I need som motivation! I would like to say thast I will workout for a minimum of 20 minutes per day during the challenge.

Roo said...

I think I will be doing only workouts, as I usually mix the time up with cycling, jogging and cross trainer...unless I just calculate the miles/time for each mixed session? ie 15 minutes on bike (5km)/10 minutes jogging (1km) etc...is that OK?

Diz said...

You amaze me. Seriously- seeing how many calories you burned, and seeing that you somehow still always have time to show up on my blog and comment...And you have time to write witty posts? what the hell girl. SUPERWOMAN! I heart you!!! xoxo

Dinnerland said...

Wow-- I cannot keep track of stuff like that- you are truly and numbers girl! I get how motivating these stats can be, so onward!

Sparkler said...

Right, I'm gonna do it...I'm a bit scared because I've been shirking workouts now all month:0( v bad I know, but I needed a kick up the butt to get back to it and this is just what the doctor ordered...I don't think I'll be a threat to anyone, but the most important part is getting exercise back into my schedule right?

Tessa said...

hi!

Nice blog you got there!
I'm a follower now :)

Maybe you can check out my blog as well some time and become a follower?
http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

Sumer said...

I am SO in! I need something to kick my ass, or someone!

TJ said...

I want to join too! Too bad we don't start on Thursday since I have a 10 mile training run :)

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

wow! Congrats on your Miles to Date! Very very impressive! Makes me wanna work harder!