Friday, September 17, 2010

♥BYOC♥ - come get your crazy on!

Quick thing before BYOC. Yesterday I posted about my lovely sweat like I’m Satan burning in the fires of hell dilemma and a few of you commented in your post about what solutions I was going to try. Botox isn’t an option for me – just because I’m not willing to pay for it though I have heard it’s good for migraines too. I should see if insurance covers it. I think I’m done with paste pit endeavors too – it’s just not fun.

Sooo….I talked to Kim from Fatty McButterpants and we discussed a script she takes for the same thing. I called my doc and begged and pleaded and I GOT IT! Kim and I are going to be two of the driest chics at the BOOBS convention I swear to God. I can’t wait to see if it works! I’m so grateful to Kim….just another incidence proving blogging is more than words on the internet. It touches people’s hearts and lives – in the physical and mental sense.


Now let’s have some fun with BYOC!!!!!


1. Last week we asked your favorite thing about being an adult. This week the question is: what is one thing you miss about being a child?


• You know what? I miss coloring. Hours of coloring in coloring books, signing my name, ripping them out, and handing them to my mom like they were covered in gold. Yes, I can color now – I know that – but as kids it’s almost expected. It’d be perfectly alright to color all day. That’d probably even be called productive. And Saturday morning cartoons in pajamas…with my siblings. It was one moment in time when we got along.

2. When you make a serious life decision – do you use your head or your heart?

This is a tough question. I – no lie – end up doing the literal pros and cons list. I love lists and listing pros and cons literally puts it in black and white and usually makes the decision obvious…so my heart can follow my head better. I have strong gut feelings though – and I usually listen to them too. Really – I’m guessing everyone uses a combination of both….

3. In relation to blogs….are you a never commenter, a sometimes commenter, an almost always commenter or a direct emailer kinda person?

I’m an almost always commenter I think. I used to be good at commenting on everyone’s until I started following over 300 blogs. I’m trying to be better. I comment if the blog touches me. I comment if I share a special bond with the blogger. And I love to comment if no one else has because that person knows someone read it then. I hate to see posts without comments because I love it when I get them so much….but I understand everyone’s busy lives. It honestly depends on how much time I have!  I'm a regular direct emailer too.
4. If life was a flavor – would it be savory, sweet or sour?

Ah – I think sweet. Even sour lemons turn into something sweet right?

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in life or in blogland.

In blogland, excitement is brewing for the upcoming BOOBS weekend. I’m in a shoe-buying frenzy and a fix my sweat problem panic. I was the feature one day on the BOOBS blog and that whole thing made me cry. So fun! Diet and exercise wise – remember the Go-Chica-Go challenge ends soon! Everyone seems to be losing this week and finding themselves in new sizes and there’s bling everywhere thanks to Amy’s TWT! Keep it up everyone!

Life in general has been good – busy – stressful…but happy. I left the house for organized events twice this week – huge deal for me. I am becoming the person I always knew I was….it’s like I found the key to my own self-imprisonment.

Football games, wine deliveries, more shoe shopping, painting pumpkins and just vegging out await me this weekend. I swear sometimes I live in Paradise.

7 comments:

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

I like your version of Paradise. I'm also an avid fan of coloring, but I still do it. I buy my own coloring books, crayons and everything. Drives my kids batty with jealousy. j

don't tell

Kim said...

I just got the best phone call. My dr. called in my rx with no questions asked!!! Please picture me doing the happy dance :)

Justawallflower said...

I relate to what you said about commenting when nobody else has. I go to school on-line, and participating is a big part of the learning experience. We have posts as part of the assignments every week, and the "participate" by commenting on others posts. Many people comment on the ones that have several comments, doing so because it is obviously an interesting post if that is where the action is, so to speak. I like to go to the ones without the action, it lets that person know that they are not being overlooked, and what they have to say matters and is important. Anyway, I'm a dork!

Angelia said...

I'm a rare commenter. I read your blog everyday but usually just lurk. By the time I get here someone has said what I would say and I figure there is no need to be reduntant.

Mary H. said...

I don't comment all the time either. Only if I think I have something to contribute, but I do read a lot of blog posts out there! And I do know that when you blog your heart out and no one comments, you lose your enthusiasm pretty quickly! This made me want to make it a point to comment more often...and like others said...on posts or blogs that may not have gotten any comments.

Angela Pea said...

"Football games, wine deliveries, more shoe shopping, painting pumpkins and just vegging out await me this weekend. I swear sometimes I live in Paradise."

You and me, too! Only no skittles in mine. I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't like skittles. or fudge.

Diz said...

Send me the boobs link, I need to invesigate. LYG too girl, Love them more than you will ever know (or is probably healthy). XOXOXOXOXOXOXO