Friday, September 10, 2010

BYOC Friday!!!!! **Bring Your Own Craziness**


1. If a major newspaper wrote an article about you today, what would the headline be?


• Mama Pimp drowns in Rainbow Skittle filled bathtub

• Draz may get life in prison for cutting off Rambo’s pecker

• Explosive Man and Martha Stewart found mysteriously tied to chairs and tortured…Drazil remains a suspect

I could go on….but I'll stop.

2. Name one thing you like about being an adult.

• This is easy. Choices. So dang many glorious choices. I can use as many paper towels as I want (we were poor – using a paper towel for anything unnecessary was immoral), I can even use Kleenexes (same story there), I can take huge hot baths (again, poor – lots of hot water = you have to pay for that), I can call in sick if I want, I can even walk around my house naked and I can buy as many shoes as I want. Ah, choices are good.

3. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon when you were a kid?

Oh hands down – the Smurfs. Those little blue bodies full of sugar and love looked good enough to eat. (apparently even as a child I had food issues – I mean who thinks of Smurfs and wants to eat them?) Oh and to be Smurfette. One girl – blonde and gorgeous – and soooo many, many man at her doorstep who all thought she walked on water. Wowser.

Smurfs are back by the way – Rambo and I saw some stuffed ones in the mall last weekend. That means nothing except evidently I’m getting old.

4. When is the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt about them?

Yesterday. Rambo was on his computer and I went over to him – straddled his lap, took his face in my hands and said, “Do you know how much I love you?” He said, “How much?” I said “More than anything in this entire world.” And he got the message. I saw it in his eyes. It was one of those perfect, spontaneous moments. We had just finished walking 4.5 miles and I had talked the whole time about Jenny and Chicago and my day and blogs and life and money and he had listened AND talked back and I really appreciated that….and after I told him how much I love him I said thank you --- for listening and talking with me. Did I mention it was a perfect moment?

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in life and in blogland.

It was a good week. I have a daily plan for blogging and I was a guest poster for Mrs. Fatass which was super fun. Everyone in blogland is getting super stoked about the upcoming BOOBS event in Chicago…I’m bringing the wine! Jenny, my BFF, fancied my blog page up with headers and fonts and Skittles!!! I’m back to working out doing 3-5 miles a night and have decided on a date for my ½ marathon. I’m back to a regular routine in real life after vacation and lately I’m back to living in Care Bear Land….which is a good place to be……..fo sho! Oh and Rambo lost his pecker. Oopsie!

13 comments:

Lucas said...

You are just the posting QUEEN today my love! Love your crazy. Feeling bored already with my 100 days posting so I think I'll rock they BYOC with you today cupcake! :)

Amy said...

I laughed at the paper towel thing, as we rarely had or used paper towels growing up (combo of poor, frugal mom, and being green way before our time). As a result, I still rarely use them now. When DH traveled for work for two months straight, I didn't even use an entire roll. Now, him - he uses them for everything. Dry his hands, wipe of the knife between the pb and the jelly, and so on. It is seriously a constant source of tension in our house! I don't know why, but it drives. me. batty. LOL

Dazee Dreamer said...

is there a link up somewhere for this? I want to link up with my other blog.

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

ummmm...don't you know that you're supposed to take the day off when you guest post? Huh? What's up with that lady? You makin me look bad...oh wait, that's just me.

I love Fridays. Not just fridays, your Fridays! You are so fun. We were poor too.

Blossom said...

They're making a SMurfs movie - computer animated Smurfs in the real world!

Julie, The Accidental Fat Chick said...

I love getting to choose paper towels, lol. We weren't that poor, but my Mom would insist on buying the most expensive paper towels in the store and then act like they were frickin golden or something. Now, I buy the kind I want and use them for everything! :)

Just Me said...

You always make me laugh...and I love the Skittles. I'm going to BYOC today...just for you.

MommyNaniBooboo said...

Mrs FatAss told me to come over here- so I did.
Me likey, likey.

PS- long live the smurfs.

Jess said...

I really enjoyed your #4! I love those "moments". I just wish they came along more often than not. I am happy for you.

Ginger said...

yay!! the crazies are back, even though my mind is blank i tried to answer them hahahaha

Jess said...

<3

Bianca J said...

I just heard that Katy Perry is going to be the voice of Smurfette. #4 is very sweet.

Julie, The Accidental Fat Chick said...

Had to pop back over and tell you I left you an award on my blog... imagine that! LOL ;-)