Friday, September 3, 2010

BYOC!!!!!!!!

IT’S BYOC – IT’S BYOC – IT’S BYOC!!!!


Oh how I’ve missed reading your answers to BYOC.

For anyone new, BYOC stands for Bring Your Own Craziness and it’s 5 questions every Friday (unless I’m in Louisiana visiting gators and squashing skeeters) where we get to know each other better. Copy to your blog and answer if you want to….and have fun!!

1. In the spirit of back to school time - what is your favorite school supply?

* I make it no secret that I am a school supply freak. My favorite store is Staples and I’m an anal over compulsive organizer – with color. My favorite supply would have to be planners. All kinds…daily, weekly, monthly – preferably in leather binders with stickers everywhere. Typically I make my own and decorate them and have one for each area of my life. Personal (kids and me and Rambo’s life), work, 2nd job, 3rd job and one huge dry erase calendar at home for everyone in the family. I could plan all damn day – it’s ranks right up there with orgasms for me.  Yes, I love it that much.

2. Assume your house is on fire and the whole thing is going to burn to the ground and your loved ones are out and safe….and you have a few minutes to grab 5 things. Just five. What would they be?

* Hard copy pictures – most of you know I have none left of my childhood as they were destroyed in my parent’s flood so this is very important to me

* My computer tower – this has all my digital pics and all my 2nd/3rd job’s data on it…..it’d be catastrophic if it was lost

* Blankets – specifically those quilted by my Grandmother for each of us

* My purse with all my planners in it

* My binder of love letters Rambo has written me. He used to write me one every day in high school and I have them all.

OMG – I thought 5 would be more than enough but holy green donkey dicks – what about my clothes and shoes? *GASP*

3. In the spirit of my new found love on vacation – what is your favorite drink – alcoholic or not?

* Alright – though I can still say I have never been drunk, Rambo’s aunt introduced me to a new drink on vacay that I actually liked. She called it a Summer Slammer. Vodka, cranberry juice, and orange juice. YUMMO! Non-alcoholic….I gotta go with Pepsi.

4. When is your birthday (if you want to say, no year needed) and what is your Zodiac sign. Does your sign match your personality?

• October 21. I am a Libra which is represented by a pair of scales. Google says this about Libras:

Traits of a Libra:
• Desires popularity – dang it, yes
• Loves art - yes
• Neat - yes
• Dresses up for the occassion - ??
• Slight perfectionist – slight my ass….I’m crazy about this.
• Narcisstic – shit – really?
• Charitable – yah to a fault
• Bossy at times – how about all the time?
• Plans ahead – see above about planners
• Attention to detail – bingo!
• Loves public service – yah but finds no time to do it.

Likes...

• Beauty
• Gifts – who doesn’t?
• Debates
• Attention
• Intellectual conversations
• Admiration
• Credit cards – what the??
• Mingling – not this Libra

Dislikes...
• Confusion
• Sloppiness
• Dirt
• Pressured decisions
• Being rushed
• Criticism

5. A little spin on my repeat question. I usually ask which blog or comment stuck with you and why? You can answer that as usual or how about just giving a summary of your week or how you feel about blogland this past week or anything you noticed…does that make sense?

* This week Amy started the Thousand Word Thursday where she picks a topic and we post a pic of it. This was a great idea and totally fun. I haven’t been able to go back and catch the blogs I missed but I see lots of new low weights in blog land. Week 2 of the Go-Chica-Go challenge ends today and I finally got back to working out. This week was difficult for me coming back from vacation and I’m so looking forward to the long holiday weekend. I’m still loving doing the featured BOOBs blogs so don’t forget to check those out!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I heart your blog! I am also a libra!

Sandy Lee said...

You need to buy one of those portable hard drives (I just did) and back up all those pictures and files off your computer. Store it at work. That way if anything tragic happenedn you would still have them. And scan in all the hard-copy pictures and the love letter. I'm in the process of doing that now. I would dread losing those. All the baby pictures of my kids. So sad you lost those from your childhood.

TracyZ said...

Yay BYOC!!

Bonnie said...

I've so been jonesing for some BYOC.

anne h said...

I love planners, too, but alas....
I'm no Libra....
Not even a Librarian.
But I do have Pounds, eh?

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

"Holy green donkey dicks" - where do you come up with this stuff? You are not "crazy" you are "zany" and that's a whole other dimension of fun!

Sandy Lee has some darn good advice for all of us. Photos would be my first grab, too.

Have a great weekend!

Jess said...

I agree, Sandie Lee's a smart cookie. Scan the pics, love letters, kid's art, etc., load it in an external drive/flash drives, and store it in a safety deposit box. Then make sure to update it annually or so.

Looks who's talking, I'm the anti-Libra of organization. OMG you'd be a giant ball of anxiety in my house...maybe even curl up in a fetal position and whimper a little.

Amy said...

Back that stuff up! The most fail-proof version is DVDs. Make a few copies and store in different places. They have the lowest fail rate of any back-up version, unless you pay an online storage. I do DVDs of all my pics plus I upload my favorites to flickr. It's $25/year, BUT they allow you to download your full-size versions, which none of the free sites allow you to do.

I'm not OCD about everything in my life, but I am overly OCD about my pics!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

I could copy this whole blog by word almost! We are insanely alike! I love it!!! I am an anal, color coded, over organizer (can one really OVER organize?) and I love it cuz it calms me! :D OH also, glad you did the horoscope sign thing! I did not know you were a Libra, but now it all makes so much sense! I am an Aquarius and we share the same element (Air) which just means, or shows, how well we get along. All Air signs love communication, thinking intellectually, and ecspecially talking and thinking all at once!!!! ;)