Friday, October 15, 2010

BYOC!!!! Bring Your Own Crazy!

Alright my bumblebees, tell me honestly if you’re sick of BYOC Friday. Has it worn out its welcome? Should we stop? Or is it still fun for getting to know all the newbies out there? Just doing a status check….


On to this week’s BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy – where we answer 5 little questions to get to know each other better. Copy to your blog and enjoy!

1. Tell me about someone you envy.

Hmm…I actually sat and thought about this for a long time. I think before I would have simply answered everyone – meaning – anyone is better than who I am. I don’t feel that way anymore. I don’t literally really and truly envy anyone – I love what I have and the love I have and I wouldn’t trade it. That’s not to say on certain days I don’t envy millionaires or people who don’t have to work or people who fulfill their every dreams or Jennifer Anniston’s hair….I’m just saying at the core – I am finally okay. And accepting. And grateful.  And that's been a helluva long time coming.

2. What makes you angry?

Hate
When people settle
Alarm clocks
Mondays
In-laws (lol)

3. In an effort to help so many that seem to be blue and sad….what do you do when you feel very sad or depressed?

I usually take a bath – with bubbles instead of Skittles. I ask Rambo to hold me for as long as it takes for the tears to stop. I am usually drawn to my old journals – so I can read that in the past I’ve felt way worse and lived to tell about it. I go for a walk and pray for exercise endorphins to come flooding out. I call Jenny and we laugh. I give myself permission to lay on the couch and not move – with the understanding that tomorrow – I have to get back up. Mostly now – I admit how I’m feeling and don’t shove it down or hide it in shame. I reach out….because someone is always there willing to take my hand.

4. If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what five things would you want with you to survive (not people)?

Food – copious amounts of it
Water – in unlimited quantities of course
A bathtub – not only to be clean but for Skittle relaxation purposes
A laptop – to blog! What else!
My phone – to hear my loved one’s voices and ask them to get me the eff off this island!

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and blogland.

My real week was hmmm….just meh. Not good, not bad…just stressful. I was overloaded with the three jobs this week and knowing I took on these 3 jobs means I can’t complain and that pisses me off. I had trouble focusing and my mind is wandering and a couple times I felt like I was drowning. I can admit there were more than a few “just shut up and hold me” hug requests from me to Rambo and more than a few panicked phone calls and texts to Jenny. Oh and let’s all not forget the big occasion of the week…see this post if you want to read it at Getting naked for someone other than Rambo.

Blog week is full of angst it seems. Blues, depression, seasonal sadness….it breaks my heart. I hope everyone comes out of it soon. We've also had some really candid discussions on children and obesity and parenting....all VERY thought provoking and I hope they helped both the writers and the readers.


Love you all!  I'm going to see Jenny in just a few hours....I'll be sure to hug her tight for all of you BOOBS that miss her so much!

6 comments:

Read said...

As a newbie - I really enjoy it when some of you old fogies, I mean more experienced blogger/bandsters fill things like this out as it helps me learn who you are. But of course I'm sure you've all been doing them for a while now and would completely understand if people were getting tired of them and wanted to stop.

Read said...

Oh and I almost forgot... I hope you and Jenny have a fantastic time together!!

amandakiska said...

I've never done as BYOC so you can't stop until I finally do one.

Dizzy Girl said...

Yeah! I love BYOC- though I haven't done it before. I'll do it today- when I have a second- because I think it's fun and cute and just overall goodness. LOVE YOUR FACE!!

D

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

You had me at "my little bumblebees." Your greetings are the best! I say keep BYOC Fridays.

I envy YOU, of course, because you are such an insightful writer and have so many followers, I mean "bumblebees."

Enjoy your visit with Jenny!

MizFit said...

I lovelovelove the memes and the glimpses into the bloggers behind the blog.
yeah
I know
late to the post and the soiree :) but I was traveling.
youll have that.

Carla