Friday, October 8, 2010

BYOC!!!!!!!

It’s another episode of BYOC….Bring Your Own Crazy….where we answer questions to get to know each other better. Come join us! Copy and paste to your blog and have fun!


1. If you wrote a biography on your life, what would the title be?

Finding My Own Fabulous….

From the day I was born I’ve been searching for my own fabulous within me….and though I see it now in ways I never did before….I’ll keep searching for more because that fabulousness feeling is like Milky Way candy bars to me…you can just never get enough.

2. Would you take $1 million dollars to leave your present life – including friends and family – to start over somewhere else? You’re leaving your physical location to never go back but you can contact them via phone and net and such. (you take your immediate family with you..spouse, kids, etc.)

Yup, I so would. That sounds kinda bad but I let my family influence me too much most days and they cause me a lot of stress and hurt and there are MANY days when Rambo and I want to pick up and leave. All the other siblings have done so – leaving Rambo and I with the majority of care-taking and being there and such and that gets exhausting though we don’t mind doing it. We just see that being far away has its advantages and absence indeed – can make the heart grow fonder.

3. Are you a person everyone trusts or do you have trouble trusting everyone or both?

I do think people trust me. Sometimes people I barely know end up confiding things to me and I wonder why that happens. I think I have a sign on my forehead that says, “Do tell….I’ll listen.” And the truth is, it makes me happy. In my wildest dreams I’d have been a therapist or a life coach so I could help people. As for trusting others….I’m pretty naïve and therefore, usually trust too quickly and too easily, then get hurt, see the person for who they really are, swear I’ll never trust again – and repeat the cycle. I want to believe people are good – so I’ll just keep risking it.

4. Looking back, if I asked you what one event changed the course of your life – and you had to answer immediately the first thing that popped into your head…what would it be?

My 22 year old Uncle’s suicide when I was 15. I became a different me from that day forward.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in life and in blogland.

Life was good – stressful, couple of migraines and busy – but good just the same. I’m still having fun texting in real life since I just figured out how to use it. YAY for entering the world of technology huh? Big dream-making escapades are in my horizon too – and to say I’m excited is quite the understatement of the year. Rambo has the weekend off so I am ELATED about that!

Blogland seems to have come back to Earth after Chicago and the feelings that came with that. I had a huge epiphany yesterday and found my IT and feel completely different about everything. The general tone seems to be one of struggle lately…it’s so funny how we all go through the same ups and downs. And my BFF Jenny is giving away a free personalized blog header which is so exciting!!!

6 comments:

Lucas said...

I'm still high off your post from yesterday. :) Have a GREAT Friday Draz!

Pamela E. Williams said...

Happy Friday Draz!! Interesting post with deeper questions than in previous BYOCs. I have to wrap my head around a couple of these.

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

I agree with a lot of what you said. Turns out, getting my morning dose of blog land really HAS helped me to remember I'm banded, remember to eat well, and to be conscious of my food! I'm glad I finally found your BFF in blog land! Have a great day, Sunshine!

Read said...

Finding my own fabulous!! I LOVE it!!

Patrick said...

Hi, first time here I believe...
1. If you wrote a biography on your life, what would the title be?
The Boomarang That Likes Salsa

2. Would you take $1 million dollars to leave your present life – including friends and family – to start over somewhere else?
Nope, $1 Million is not near enough. Not sure what the price would be, but if I saw it for real, I'd know it then.

3. Are you a person everyone trusts or do you have trouble trusting everyone or both?
I am trusted and usually give trust up frontwithout much reservation. Networking works better when trust is extended upfront.

4. Looking back, if I asked you what one event changed the course of your life – and you had to answer immediately the first thing that popped into your head…what would it be?
USMC Boot Camp

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in life and in blogland.
Met some cool knew bloggers during a week I had limited time to comment. But here I am :-)

Band-Babe said...

I suddenly have the desire to go do a VLOG...

Thank you for your consistency. You are one of the most grounded human beings I think I've ever met. Plus you're sexy. How did THAT happen?

;)