Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Wish Wednesday....

I crave routine….routine is good…and with that said….I’m getting back to my mid-week routine by doing “I Wish Wednesday”….

I wish I had the balls to be mad and stay mad. I’m angry at someone because he hurt me and he has hurt me pretty much since I’ve known him and I swear I’m done and yet….he calls. I pick up. I listen to him talk for 15 minutes never once asking how I am. I wish I had the balls just once to say, “You hurt me – I am angry – I’m not your doormat.”….just once…so I could see what that feels like. And maybe it doesn’t really matter because – mad or not – I just keep right on loving him. What purpose does mad serve anyway right?

I wish I could shove an entire box of Kleenexes up Martha Stewart’s ass so she couldn’t find them when she needs to blow her nose like a whale. Seriously people - I know I never shut up about this (my co-worker) but MY GOD IN HEAVEN – how does such a petite “match my evening supper linen napkins to my silk underwear put puppy shoes on my dogs” Martha Stewart - think it’s okay to snort like a 600 pound lumberjack just because she needs to blow her nose?

I wish high schools included etiquette and tact in their curriculum. For realz. If you have to shit in public, and your track record says that in the past your smell knocks people on their ass up to 4 hours later – try going at home out of courtesy to the rest of us. Yesterday I walked by the bathroom and nearly stopped dead in my tracks and I think out loud I said, “Jesus Mary and Joseph – who died?” before I realized I should keep walking and try not to pass out. It’s just wrong folks. Wrong. If you can’t fart gumdrops that smell like gumdrops – don’t fart at all. Again, old repeated news from yours truly but f*ck a duck people – it never ends.

I wish my 4 year old Banana wasn’t so cute. I told her to clean her room the other day. How on Earth such a small person who owns nothing but toys can make such a mess is beyond me. There is literally a path to her bed. It’s a train wreck and downright dangerous in the dark. Anywhoozle – I told her to clean her room. She put her hands on her hips, looked me square in the eyes and said, “Nope – you’re not the boss around here. Daddy is my Superhero and he’s the boss so I’m not going to do it.”…and off she marched. Now either I haven’t made her properly afraid of me over the years or she’s right and he is the boss. I wanted to scream – “He’s not a Superhero – he’s just Rambo!”….but I didn’t think she’d get it. Ugh….how did I raise such angelic heathens?

I wish I had more energy on a daily basis…..to do things like I used to when it came to holidays. Maybe I mean I had more time or that I made an effort to make more time. I used to decorate our fireplace every month for a different theme – even if it was St. Patricks, or Valentines or Father’s Day. And the girls helped me and we made memories. Rambo put up our outside Halloween décor this last weekend and I could have cared less. I just don’t think it’s worth the time and effort and all I could think was “How much is that going to make our electricity go up?” WTF is wrong with me? I don’t think or talk like that – ever. All I know is that I stood there watching the girls freak out over Frankenspine (yes, that’s how Banana says it) and flying bats – and I knew I had to change my attitude because the two big doozies are coming – Thanksgiving and Christmas – and it’s not fair to my girls to say “there’s no time” or “I don’t feel like decorating.” THAT is not the memory I want to create for them. Not at all.

I wish I didn't feel the need to write the other blog I wrote today.  It was hard to write. 

I wish I hadn't scared my BFF Jenny about how being at goal weight is as hard as getting there.  Oopsie!  I wished she wasn't as stressed as I am lately.  I wish we both would win the lottery so we could hire cute cabana boys to fan us with huge palm leaves while we sipped drinks and laid out in the sun next to our pool and did nothing all day but gossip about celebrities and paint our nails.  Oh hell, I wish she lived next door. I'd give up the cabana boys for that.

What do you wish for today?

8 comments:

Jacquie said...

I wish you and Jen lived next door to me...you are both so adorable!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I so feel you on the awful smell. It is just so sick and wrong. I would have cracked up if I had been anywhere around you, and we would have probably be given the evil eye. hahaha

Pamela E. Williams said...

•I hollered when I read the bathroom wish!!

•Anger is to exhausting

•Banana is funny, only a 4 year old.

•I wish I had the energy to decorate for holidays. I love them so. But that means shopping for stuff and putting it up. I AM though going to do it big for Christmas cause my boobie (my son) will be home for the holidays.

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

*I wish you lived close to me! :)

And don't take back the last blog, it meant a lot to me!

Lucas said...

I wish that last one, about the cabana boys and the lottery! :)


And I wish my blog was public and that I had more readers and scads of comments everyday. When you take the attention away from an attention seeking whore, she's just a whore. Damn.

Bonnie said...

I wish I could win the lottery too.

Building Blocks Bootcamp said...

Being a newbie, I wish I felt more love from the blogging community. I try to participate and comment and pay it forward and I'm treated like a cyber stalker pushing spam - shish!
Loved your posts today - all 3!

Cindylew said...

I won't waste this wish on anything other than the lottery winnings...how's that for singular commitment???