Friday, January 28, 2011

BYOC Friday!!!!! **Bring Your Own Crazy**

Hello Peeps!


I wasn’t going to do a BYOC (Bring Your Own Crazy) today because my heart isn’t in it because of what our friend Barb has been going through but then I decided I would. Barb wouldn’t want any of us to stop living or doing what we normally do or finding joy in the little things in life. That wouldn’t honor her pain or Mark’s life.

BYOC can bring us closer as we learn more about each other and it can make us smile or cry or feel emotion so this one is dedicated to Barb and the beautiful memories she'll always have of Mark.…..and people everywhere who love each other and feel emotion with reckless abandon like we all wish we could.

If you decide to do BYOC this week…think of Barb….

I heard from Barb and she took some time with her daughters to read the blogs. I wanted you all to know she saw all of our words. The outpouring of love seen in blogland yesterday was nothing short of magical. I am honored and proud to be a blogger with you all and to call so many of you my friends.

I kissed my daughter goodnight again last night and I know my daughter is wondering what caused this change. I don’t have the heart to tell her that it took a kind soul leaving this Earth and a friend’s pain to wake me up. But that’s the truth.

On to BYOC….

1. Do you believe in love at first sight?

• I do believe in this. However, I also believe people say “I fell in love with him the first moment I saw him.” too flippantly. I think it happens, but I think it’s rare. From across a room – the only thing you know is outward appearance. I think it takes speaking and meeting and talking to fall in love. But the dreamer in me believes it happens and I love to hear stories about it. As for me, I met Rambo when I was 6th grade and I had no idea what love was. In fact….I hated Rambo. I still have diaries that say those words. He picked on me incessantly.
2. What’s your idea of a romantic evening?

• This probably sounds ridiculous but for me, it’s staying in. Then again – being the social freak I am – I guess you could have predicted that. Rambo and I go all out sometimes and blow up an air mattress in the living room and pile it high with blankets and get a movie and pizza and watch and laugh and just be. Those moments are perfect.

3. Who was your first crush?

• Celebrity-wise I think it was Kirk Cameron from Growing Pains. In real life, it was a guy one year older than me. I was petite back then and this guy was HUGE. Like linebacker huge – all muscle…and super cute. We dated for a while and he was super nice and we’re still friends today. Good times.

4. What do you believe is a stronger emotion – love or hate?

• You know – I don’t have an answer for this. Like many of you, I’ve seen in real life and in movies that love can bridge any gap and move mountains. On the other hand, anger can destroy nations and even cause war. In my own extended family, both my parents have siblings they haven’t spoken to in over 20 years because of anger. Love can easily be replaced by anger. It seems anger being replaced by love is a lot harder to accomplish in my opinion. In one act, one betrayal, one word – it seems love can disappear and anger takes its place…..and it remains. I’d love to answer that love is stronger because that’s what I want to believe…but I just don’t know.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your life in blogland and in real life.

• Obviously in blogland there was a tragedy among one of our own. Tragedy often brings out the best in people and I saw that happen here. I also challenged myself and anyone else who wanted to join – to work out the remaining days of January (6 days) and so far I’ve done that. 2 down, 4 to go. So far this week, I’ve lost 5lbs and that makes me pretty happy.

• The pain of blogland is spilling over into my real life. I find Barb and her family on my mind all the time. And to honor that I’m trying to be a better wife and mother and not let the people I love wonder if I do. I found my 2011 word and mantra and am working on plastering that everywhere in my life.

P.S…..I love you all.

8 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Drazil,
I don't know Barb but please let her know that she is in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs. :)

Ronnie said...

I also don't know Barb, but I've seen the outpouring of love for her in our little blog world and it's absolutely amazing. I'm so glad to be a part of such a great group of people.

tessierose said...

Great stuff Draz!

Bonnie said...

I agree that Barb would want us to continue blogging as usual. Now you know Rambo only picked on you because he liked you.

Amber said...

Great post. Those are tough questions, especially the love/hate one. I am another who didn't know Barbara but I was so moved by what has happened that I had to give her my support as well.
I got my kisses at blogamation.com. I think they take requests too! Maybe you will get those skittles.

~Lisa~ said...

I am sorry I never met Barb, but know that my prayers are with her and her family. So very sad..

Thank you for the BYOC, and for always inspiring me and making me think.. I always look forward to what you have to say.. Perhaps I shall try a BYOC too - we'll see what comes out of me!

Dizzy Girl said...

I love the blow up mattress story- really. I want to do that one day- sounds PERFECT. :) xoxo! D

MizFit said...

same with regards to BARB.
exactly the same.