Monday, January 10, 2011

Nothing too exciting here....

It’s finally over. It’s been like a butt boil that won’t go away.


Christmas that is. I had my LAST Cmas party for work and LAST family Cmas gathering this weekend. I did cartwheels when I left. I know it’s ridiculous BUT I feel like NOW I can finally begin my New Year’s intentions. I can finally let go of the holiday mindset and move on. This year it was just mentally daunting for me.

My week was intense. January is a huge month for my two part time jobs and so I feel extra swamped. I am a busy, busy bee. Yet, this social anxiety freak still managed to get out of my comfort zone and accomplish some things. I went to an event every night of the weekend. All three were social events. All three I was seconds away from backing out of.

For one, my sitter got sick. Hallelujah! Perfect reason not to go…..if I was the old me. The new me made some calls and got another sitter and we went. Score! And 2 of the events I walked in first. I nearly died but I did it.

I saw the doc last week because it’s time to do something to prevent my migraines instead of treating them when I get them. They are weekly and I just can’t live like that. The doc is giving me something to help me sleep which also prevents migraines and I’m thrilled this could work. My migraine trigger is lack of sleep because I rarely sleep an hour without waking up. So – can you imagine? Sleeping more than an hour or two at a time? It sounds too good to be true. And maybe no more migraines? Holy shitballs – 2011 is gonna be good huh?

I finally let them do labwork – so I’m sure they’ll be calling to tell me that my cholesterol is WAY bad. Ugh. I’m severely dehydrated too…which never helps migraines. I’m a walking mess folks….but I’m fixing it little by little. Keep your fingers crossed.

Oh by the way – another fun tidbit. At my weight, according to the BMI chart at the doctor’s office, I’m OBESE. Nice. That is the nastiest word on Earth I swear (next to the C word of course). To be not obese…I’d have to weigh 135. Um yes. My left leg weighs that. I don’t think so. Who the hell makes up these charts?

Today makes 34 weeks until my ½ marathon. I’m doing interval training on the treadmill today. I read every weight loss journal I’ve had since 2007 last night and re-read Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean book too. I’m motivated and ready.

How are you guys doing? Do tell….

10 comments:

Justawallflower said...

wow girl, you are a mess! lol, just kidding! You need to get more water, it helps so many things, but you already know that! I'm so glad that you are finally beyond the holiday gatherings.

I think I have my husband talked into getting rid of the dining room table and turning the dining room into a work out room. I really want a treadmill, but have nowhere to put it. and we can eat at the breakfast nook.

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Drazil, You are doing great. Don't let the BMI chart ruin your positive energy. Even my surgeon says that charts are not realistic when it comes to health. He actually told me that my goal would be reasonably set at 170, which still keeps me in the obese range. Still, though he reassured me of that, I couldn't let that go unchallenged. 164 puts me at a normal BMI. I don't know that it does much else for me though. I look about the same at either weight. I guess what I am saying is dont get hung up on the numbers. Get healthy. Get to the place where you feel good and are content. That counts for more than what any chart says. I should be preaching to myself though. :)

tessierose said...

The BMI chart can kiss my obese ass, I was just so happy to no longer be morbidly obese, I got a little excited with the obese part!

Shannon said...

I hate the BMI chart, My doc had asked me what I was aiming for and when I told her she was like "well as long as it's under obese" I wanted to be like and what if it wasnt you were going to make me lose more weight? that chart really pisses me off sometimes!
hope things go well with the migrain meds, my hubs takes stuff for his.

MrsFatass said...

Eff those BMI charts.

And I am SOOOOOOO proud of you for A. CALLING other sitters, and B. GOING OUT. I stayed in my Snuggie cocoon all weekend. You showed me up.

And good for you for getting your migranes handled!

(and I'm doing a healthy cookbook giveaway at my place)

Read said...

You go girl!!! I would so not have called for another sitter unless I was dying to go wherever it was - which happens once or so a year. And seriously woo hoo for going in first - man I hate that!!

And yet another kudos for calling the doctor and doing more about your migranes!! Whatever my sister is on, helps her - so I'm sure they can help you too!

ps - go have some water.

Joanna said...

Wow, that's so awesome!! I'm so proud of you - knowing how difficult it must have been to step out of your comfort zone, not once..but TWICE!!

Those BMI charts suck donkey schlong! I hate them, refuse to let my kids get tested by them at school, and believe they are the work of the DEVIL!!

Lynda with a Y said...

Hey, I"ve seen pictures of you on your blog. If you are obese, then I am an alien. No friggin way. You're not anywhere near it.

Dizzy Girl said...

If you think BMI is bad, try living in Southern California. Bikini's are already out on racks. I about had a heart attack when I saw them- my roommate came running over to me screaming "I'm not ready I'm not READY!!!" It wasn't a joke. Both of us had a full on panic attack. Of course since that moment, I've noticed that all of my friends weigh 20 lbs less than me. I'm not kidding, I've been doing some research to find out everyone's weights. I don't like this. Plus I'm going to Chicago next month... ;)

LOVE YOU!! SO MUCH. ILYGTD Sorry I haven't been able to get back to you much but I am swamped and drowning. I know you know what i'm talking about

D

MizFit said...

DONT GET ME STARTED ON BMI
this misfit nearly came to blows with a pediatrician over those three freakin letters....

you rock.
screw the three letters.