Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011....and my intention list.

I feel like I’m in some alternate universe. Why you ask? Because this is the second week in a row where I’M IN LOVE WITH A MONDAY! I’ve made it pretty clear that I love a new year and the hopes and changes it can bring. Mostly I love it because it’s a valid reason to make another list. I’m all about “seize the day” and I understand not waiting for a new year to make a change and all that but I still love it.


And let’s face it – for those of us who have spent the better part of our lives dieting – every Monday is like January 1 right? Seriously – how many times have you re-started a diet or a change or a habit breaking or something new - on a Monday? Ha – maybe this is indeed why we all hate Mondays. Could be.

For me, New Year’s is more than just intention list making though. For me and this routine-craving holiday-hating body – it means my social anxiety, overwhelmed senses can finally calm the hell down. The “hoopla” is over. The toys are already broken. Sugar cookies are non-existent. Fat, jolly guys only come in the form of co-workers. All is well.

Soooo it is time then – for my intention list. You should calm down – it’s nothing spectacular. I did that on purpose. Usually my list is astronomical. Off the charts ridiculous. Things on the list couldn’t be accomplished by WonderWoman even if under her leotards and tiara she doubled as Martha Stewart and Betty Crocker. Lofty. Downright dumb really. It’s a failure guarantee and the perfectionist in me starts hating the list eventually and I give up.

No more. I’ve got me a completely do-able list this year. And it only numbers to 10. I am fighting the urge to add more. It’s nearly killing me. But I refuse.

This is the year I stop DOING more and start BEING more.

Drazil’s 2011 Intention List:

1. Practice self-love. (specifically body part by body party via my blog on Thursdays)
2. Incorporate daily meditation (stress reducer)
3. Complete ½ marathon in September 2011 with Rambo.
4. Be enough – have enough – feel enough.
5. Continue frequent blogging as a means of self-therapy.
6. Renew wedding vows with Rambo (15 years married this year!)
7. Continue on Dave Ramsey financial plan. Embrace and embark on major coupon journey!
8. Think outside the box –> try new things –> face fears --> re-awaken old dreams I let go
9. Keep “life” journal current – food, fitness, migraines, daily health, moods, vitamins taken, water drank, etc.
10. Reach out more – tell people how I feel – ask for help = stop pretending to be Wonder Woman.
      Just. Be. Me.


Speaking of #7 and couponing – OMG in heaven and green donkey dicks!! Rambo and I watched a show called Extreme Couponing the other night just for shits and giggles. Amaze-balls. One woman bought like $1700 worth of stuff (12 cartfuls or something) and paid less than $75 for ALL of it! These people have enough stockpiles of stuff to live for years and have paid little to nothing for it because they use coupons. During one shopping trip – one woman used over 1000 coupons. I need to start becoming a coupon whore and the best part?

These people make lists, color code and they all have binders. Oh my! Can you believe I’ve been missing this? LOL

That’s about it for me. Rest assured I have my new fitness spreadsheets ready to go. My health journal is all pretty and new. I’ve got a blogging plan. I have walking dates every night this week with a girl who is potentially doing the marathon with me.

And lastly – you know the best part about January 1st rolling around????

MY SHOWS ARE BACK ON!!!! Desperate H*usewives, Brothers & Sist*rs, C*stle, Bigg*st Loser, What Not To W*ear…the list goes on.

There. I’ve come clean. My super dirty secret little passion is TV. Lots of it – while I work, while I work out, while I sleep….ha…..there’s never ever enough background TV to zone out in is there?

Welcome 2011. You’re going down…..as a good one.

14 comments:

Justawallflower said...

I love this list, and even more, I love that you have limited it to a list of completely attainable goals. Best of luck to you!

Gules said...

fantastic list and most important I can feel that these are all attainable goals for you. I share a few of them, one being the half marathon, but also trying to get my finances in order. Need to save up for a wedding one day. Maybe I'll google this Dave Ramsey? i'm assuming he has a book or something? Great find on the coupon show...I would SO love to do that. TV, TV, and more TV. I equally ADORE Desperate Housewives, Biggest loser too.
Here's to a great 2011!!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

It is a great list, Drazil and I hope you succeed with all of them. I'm not much of a television fan and I abhor reality shows but sometimes the escape into an old classic movie or a heart-warming series re-run like Little House on the Prairie is something I can get into. I wish you the best of luck with all your intentions. Hugs.

amandakiska said...

Sounds like a great list for 2011!

Sandy Lee said...

Happy New Year. Great list. You will seriously rock couponing. It channels all your organizing skills into something worthwhile. And you can tell us how you feel, anytime. Woo Hoo, it's January 3rd (I'm off work today since New Years day was on a weekend).

Ice Queen said...

From one TV junkie to another, sounds like a good list to me. Completely doable and not too much.

I am a coupon whore. Have been for years. I don't buy a thousand bucks worth of stuff for seventy five dollars, but I do alright. I save a lot of money. I could do better, if I spent more time at it... Binders, colour coding and so forth. Hard for this seat of the pants girl to contemplate. lol

Okay, off to pee. Downing six quarts of water is seriously fucking with my bladder. lol

Amy said...

I coupon religiously. I saved $2400 in 6 months doing it - have not paid a dime for toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, razors, shampoo, conditioner or more in months and months. You CAN do it too!

Love the list. Here's to 2011!

Jess said...

Great list! Yes I am super glad the shows are coming back on, especially the Biggest Loser!

Corletta said...

I like your intentions list!!! Those are all things that I know that you will accomlish. I can't wait to see how well it all goes for you!! By the way...I desp. want to get into coupouning, but refuse to buy crap I don't need. Eeek...I feel so stuck. Oh well...I'll give it a try!

Nella said...

Happy New Year!
Love them all and the whole coupon idea! This is the year we need to start saving!

~ Darla ~ said...

Yeah, that's why I hate Mondays...that and I have to go to work. Love those, "I'll start Monday" diet plans that are hatched on Tuesday after a binge, huh? Not good.

I watched that couponing show too and I'd like to get those deals on a smaller scale. If I had a 40 year supply of toilet paper and deodorant like that one person had I think I'd be calling Hoarders for an intervention though. Love your goals - especially #1 & #2.

Read said...

Fantastic list, though my very favorite might be the preamble (isn't that a great word?)

This is the year I stop DOING more and start BEING more.

I just love, love, love that!!!

Coupons - I so want to do that - binders, color coding, cute little boxes to keep stuff in... and saving money too!!! It frightens me though, I'll be watching for your opinions of it with baited breath!

Castle is my very, very favorite and am so glad it's back on!!

Your list is so great, I just love it. I love that it's all so completely doable!!! You continue to rock!!!

(And you know, you could ask me questions about my odd husband or anything else you ever wanted to)

AmandaJane said...

wow - I wanna learn how to coupon like that. I'm adding that to my list!

Erin said...

I'm all sorts of new but I have a question - 1. How do those coupon people DO IT!??!?! I wanna learn! SO BAD!

and why did you star out parts of the names of your shows?