Friday, February 25, 2011

BYOC Friday!!!!! ♥♪ Bring Your Own Crazy ♥♪

It’s FRIDAY which means in Care Bear Land it’s time for BYOC…Bring Your Own Crazy! 5 little questions you can copy and paste to your blog if you so desire – in an effort to get to know each other better and to give your blog brain a break!


Enjoy!

1. Are you a heavy or light sleeper?

• Unfortunately – LIGHT. I rarely sleep through the night and usually am up quite a bit and if I’m not up I’m kinda prone to nightmares. I think it comes from years of being alone at night when Rambo was on third shift or when he was over the road in the semi. I got used to being scared at night…and then I had babies and that didn’t help. Anywhoozle…I should buy stock in Tylenol PM…

2. If you were made into a professor for a day, what topic would you lecture on?

• First of all – this girl wouldn’t be standing in front of anyone doing any lectures….my throat would close, I’d be covered in hives and I’d pee my pants – and then run screaming from the room. But let’s pretend I’m normal for one second for the fun of it….and um….hmmm – this one is tough. Maybe I’d lecture on just that – social anxieties and depression too. Maybe I’d finally stand in front of people in real life and admit my weaknesses…and maybe I’d tell people it’s not a weakness at all. And just maybe I’d tell the story of my 22 year old Uncle who took his own life – because he can’t tell his own story. And maybe, just maybe – I’d help someone with that story.

3. What’s a skill you’ve always wanted that you don’t currently have?

• Forgive me but I want the skill of learning how to sleep with my eyes open…so I can sit at my desk and sleep and no one would know. Oh crap – that’s not what this question was asking was it? Shizzle. Okay um…actually I think I want the skill of question #2. Not being a professor BUT the skill of talking in front of people. When I hear and see someone speak who is amazing at it – I want that. I want the ability to mesmerize a crowd and make a difference and touch everyone in the audience…you know…without throwing up and shaking violently. I truly believe talking in front of people is a huge skill and I respect and admire it.

4. Have you ever been in a real cat fight?

• Ah no – I’m a lover, not a fighter. Remember me? I’m a conflict avoider at all costs. I’ve watched Rambo in enough fist fights to last a lifetime so I’m kinda over having them myself. They really don’t look fun and blood red has never been a good color on me. On the rare occasion that I’m mad or hurt enough to become passionate about it…well I can debate and argue with the best of them. The last real fight I had was with a childhood friend that Jenny and I mutually share.

Our friend was at a vulnerable stage in her life and she met a man on the internet and then lied and went to physically see him without telling a single soul. That might not have been such a huge risk if she didn’t have two young kids at home and two friends waiting on her to start a girl’s weekend…who had no idea what had happened to her. It was irresponsible at best. I was scared for her…and hurt…and mad enough to end a friendship I’d literally had since I started school. Today, I can’t be mad at her for it anymore…that occurrence brought me Jenny as we bonded over our hurt. And today, this girl and I remain friends. It may never be the same but we are still friends.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

• Blogland is goooood….the BOOBs excitement is still going strong and my “bully” blogs were difficult to write but had a happy ending. By the way, little update: Watermelon said yesterday that Rose hugged her and said she was sorry. Watermelon in turn said “maybe we could hang out this summer and plan play dates”. Wow huh? It’s just unbelievable to me on so many levels.

• In real life – there is still political unrest which involves Rambo’s job so I feel like we’re in limbo not knowing what will happen. Kitchen remodel will begin soon. The two PT jobs are sucking the life from me – okay not really – but being dramatic is fun. The full time job is good and under control. 

I worked out again last night but only managed 70 minutes. My diet is improving. My siblings and I have almost decided to do the Urban Race together – which is a physical and mental obstacle course/challenge race that takes anywhere from 3 to 5 hours….so I have more motivation to be in shape. And remember – my mother-in-law found my pants – so the world is at peace now.

Love to you all!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

yay first comment. that would be so awesome if you decide to do the urban race too! it's going to be awesome!

Dawnya said...

You are a beast on the treadmill. I swear I think that thing is pure evil!!

Read said...

If you don't think you have the ability to mesmerize a crowd and make a difference and touch everyone in the audience.. well you haven't been paying much attention to the followers of your blog. I agree - speaking in front of people is a great skill (one I do not have) - but the mesmerizing, the making a difference and the touching your audience - to me, those are much bigger skills and much bigger deals - and you have that ability in spades!!

Tina said...

well look at that...I came to say exactly what read just said :) and I am one of the professors that talk to crowds for a living :)

xxxooo

Laurie said...

Glad that the bully thang has turned into a love fest.

Bonnie said...

Holy Shit! Watermelon and Rose are totally a movie in the making. I am so excited to stay tuned.

I understand you are not a fighter, but I'm seriously thinking about starting a bar fight at BOOBS 2.0. Just for the hell of it because if I was every in a bar fight, I'd totally want it to be with my boobie home girls.

Not sure what the Urban Race is, but sounds challenging. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Sandy Lee said...

It gave me warm fuzzies when I read that Rose gave Watermelon a hug. A future has changed. We will never know how this tiny little jesture changed a life. Good for her. Sometimes it takes a village-and one less person for Rambo to watch.

Ms. M said...

Bonnie wants to start a bar fight? Remind me to be where she is so I don't miss out! LOL