Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday, Monday...with a little electrocution...

Monday, Monday….oh how I love thee lately!


Freaking weird I know! I used to despise Mondays but now I crave them. Give me a second to have a pity party and whine – but weekends are hard for me. Rambo is usually working 16 hour days so that leaves me for nearly 3 days with just the kids in the house and they get bored and I get bored and they misbehave and I get irritated and by the time Sunday night rolls around I’m dying for some time alone.

I know that sounds horrible but I never ever professed to being a stellar stay-at-home mom. I commend those who do it because it’s the hardest job on Earth but I suck at it. And my girls miss Rambo sooo much that every 5 minutes they ask when he’s coming home and tell me how much they miss him – which makes me miss him more.

When he finally got home Sunday for a few hours I stood in front of him with my lip quivering and tears falling and I said, “I suck at this.” Poor guy. What kind of wife does that to a guy who works 16 hour days with criminals? I bitch about being left alone with two darling little girls. *sigh* I’ll never quite understand why he’s still with me.

I took two days off of working out this weekend. I’ve been running too much. My legs were sore and tired and I knew they needed a break and so did I. Last night I went back to it for 70 minutes and burned nearly 600 cals. It felt great and my legs felt revived. Just 30 weeks until the ½ marathon.

Oh and speaking of that….Rambo is indeed doing the ½ marathon with me. He’s walking it and I’m going to try to run it. But now I’ve created a monster. He’s doing some Warrior Run or some damn thing where you climb walls, walk thru waist deep mud, run through fire and smoke and GET ELECTROCUTED!!! What the holy hell? Who does that willingly? Who knew it was even legal?

Jesus. Then again, this is a man who has been willingly tazed by a tazer gun and has been gassed willingly too…all in the name of corrections training and in the hopes of enlarging his cahoneys. I swear that’s the only reason men do ignorant things like that. They think their balls will get bigger every time they tell another human what they voluntarily went through.

In other news, I’m officially dieting. Like using a specific plan – with Rambo. I usually just eat under 1200 calories however I can by preparing my food a week in advance but even then I rarely eat breakfast – which all the gurus say is wrong you know? Sooo I’ve always wondered if SlimFast works. You know the 2 shakes a day and a sensible supper and a few snacks thing BUT SlimFast has aspartame and other artificial sweeteners that are a huge migraine trigger for me and I just would rather not eat them in general.

So anyway, there’s a girl I know who has lost quite a bit of weight using Herbalife shakes. Same concept – one for breakfast and one for lunch and a sensible supper. And they are all natural ingredients, filled with nutrients I wasn’t eating before so it’s good for me actually. I will still get 1200 calories a day so really it’s just a change in what I’m eating but more nutrient/vitamin filled. So anyway, it’s kind of fun to have a plan. I’ve never done an actual diet plan where meals are literally mapped out and not having to think about it is nice. We’ll see how it goes.

That’s all I got for now. Pretty mundane, pretty boring…just regular old gumdrop farting in these parts. Love to you all!

17 comments:

Amy W. said...

That's funny. When I was a senior in high school I sold (and used) Herbalife. I lost 75 pounds. Of course I gained it all back and about another 75 pounds...but thats another story!

I can't imagine running 70 minutes. You are my hero. No wonder you dont have any cellulite.

Justawallflower said...

Hmm, never heard of Herbalife. Where do you find such a plan? I may have to google it. Sounds like a great plan, and yeah, 70 minutes running is insane!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I tried Herbal Life many years ago but the taste of the shake was a real turn off for me. Of course, then I was very young and didn't have the guts to do anything hard. My husband does the equate shakes. Walmart version of Slimfast. He doesn't really need to lose weight but he like quick meals where he doesn't have to think about them. He gets cluster headaches but not with the shakes. I wish you the best with the plan. :)

Shannon said...

OMG lol the warrior dash is my ultimate workout goal. I love it! Give Rambo a high five for me.

My mother in law does herbalife and loves it. She has lost about 50lbs total with it.

Raegun said...

I have to agree - I welcome Mondays and the return to a normal schedule that they bring. :) That's awesome that Rambo is doing the run with you!

Lanie Painie said...

SAHM's are allowed to love Mondays. I say so because I do!

Kristin said...

Ooooh, but did you see the latest study on breakfast and weight loss? Veddy interesting, and it got some coverage in the press.

Basically: The researcher said that "the results of the study showed that people ate the same at lunch and dinner, regardless of what they had for breakfast," this means that a big breakfast (on average 400kcal greater than a small breakfast) resulted in a total increase in calories eaten over the day of about 400kcal. The only difference seen was the skipping of a mid morning snack when someone ate a really big breakfast, however this was not enough to offset the extra calories they had already eaten.
The group addressed previous research, which suggests that eating a big breakfast reduces total calorie intake over the day, and showed that this data is misleading. This earlier research only looked at the ratio of breakfast calories to daily calories and in Schusdziarra's study this ratio seems to be most affected by people eating less during the day. In other words their breakfast was proportionally, but not absolutely, bigger. So it seems that there is no magic and that, unfortunately, in the fight for weight-loss, eating a large breakfast must be counteracted by eating substantially less during the rest of the day.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110116214608.htm

Kristin said...

Oh, and I'm with you and Lanie: I love Mondays too! Was just thinking this morning how my worldview has flip-flopped, and weekdays are so much easier for me than weekends.

Read said...

I certainly hope barely surviving intact (and that's not always guaranteed) and reaching over and kissing the alarm clock on Monday mornings after a weekend with 2 kids and no husband is an okay thing - as that is certainly how my alone weekends go - and my kids are older and can mostly fend for themselves if need be. I'm glad you took a running break - I always worry about those people who run every day - what if their poor muscles need a little break to recover and grow stronger...

Stacey said...

When I was a SAHM, I craved Mondays. I cringed on Fridays. I would be so ready for some quiet time by Sunday night, I was unbearable to be around.

Nikki said...

Oh I love Monday's...not so much the waking up at 6AM to get lil one ready for school...but the fact that there is school! LOL. =)

70 mins...of running? Are you nuts?! You must be! Jeebus- I dunno if I would EVER do that...I need like 5 sports bras to even think of running...wow...I am totally impressed with you...you can feel free to send some running/working out mojo my way...this growing a human thing is a lil tiring...-sigh-

amandakiska said...

I'm pretty sure all mothers secretly long for the sound of the school bus on Monday morning. I adore my daughters and I love spending time with them, but I also love that their bedrooms have doors that I can close so I can't hear their sweet little voices.

What's funny is that this morning as I drove to work I thought about how much I missed them this morning. They'd only been gone an hour. I guess it comes and goes. LOL.

Beth Ann said...

I SO have to have a plan. It might not be a good plan and it may not last for long. But I LOVE a plan. :)

Lisa said...

Um, Draz? I think you're missing a "u" in the title of this post. Electroction? Obviously just a typo, but thought you might want to know.

Oh, and while I feel guilty at times for being a working mom? I would totally suck at being a SAHM and have no desire to be one. I adore my kids, but this mama needs adult interaction and external structure (as in, people expect me to show up and be at my desk at a certain time each day). I guess it is good that we know our limitations?

Bonnie said...

I can understand about your not liking weekends if your honey isn't home. Luckily mine usually does not work weekends so it's time for us to reconnect. You are a running machine.

Joanna said...

I totally get the Monday feeling. I've been stuck at home with the kids for a WEEK because of snow...and this morning, come Hell or highwater - I was getting to work.

It even involved getting stuck on the side of the road in ice and snow, walking home with a 3 year old in the pitch black, and having to wait for Hubby to rescue my car... but I got to work!! I needed to..LOL

Barbara said...

I hate Mondays (sorry Draz).. you know that song rainy days and Mondays.. BUT once I get in the swing it gets better.
Whatz with the electrocution... Rambo needs a new hobby sweetie.. that just doesnt sound safe.. but glad you got to get your hugs and recharge!!