Thursday, February 3, 2011

Reasons I simply cannot work out tonight.

My feet are cold...therefore I should be bathing in a bath of hot rainbow Skittles instead of running.

I just ate.  Clearly I need to let my food settle.

It is cold out.  (Hey, I didn't say the reasons were valid.)

Rambo isn't home to work out with me.  Doing it alone is boring.  (hmm...that applies in other areas as well.)

My couch is soft and warm and inviting and it keeps calling to my ass.

I don't have any sports bras that are pretty to put on.

I don't have any good shows recorded to watch.

I'm too heavy to run.  And what's the point if I can't run?  (Again, never said it was valid.)

I don't want to change my clothes.  The ones I'm in feel just great.

I just watched Barb's tribute to her husband and my eyes are swollen from crying. I can't run with swollen eyes.

If I go downstairs by the treadmill, I'll want to tan too and that's just unhealthy so I should stay up here.

If I go downstairs I have to walk by Rambo's man room and that'll make me miss him more.

5 miles the last couple of nights and no pound lossage....so why bother?

I have a vagina.  (Hmm...no idea what that has to do with it.)

I just don't freaking want to.  I'd rather pull out my eyelashes with a pair of tongs.

*sigh*

Yup...I know.  None of this matters.  Not one single line I typed matters.  What matters is my mental and physical health and getting to goal and wanting this and feeling the runner's high I crave and doing this no matter if I want to or not.

What matters is doing what I said I would do.  What matters is loving myself enough to keep promises to myself. 

What matters is I have the ability to work out and I need to not take that ability for granted when many would die to have it.

What matters is I have the time and I'm worth it and I won't regret it. 

So yes all ye of little faith who thought my chubby ass wouldn't run after that list of why I don't want tos.....

You be wrong. 

Off I go.

I've got a running high to chase....because it matters.

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

I knew you would do it!

Ice Queen said...

Yay! Draz and her Rambo missing vagina are on the treadmill. I am inspired. :D

Oh, and you are so not too fat to run! You, my dear are not fat. I know... It is all very personal and in our own eyes. I get that. But I needed to tell you that these eyes don't see a fat gal. Just sayin'.

Miss Vickie "The Queen Bee" said...

Glad to hear you went running after all. You are my rock star!

Kathy said...

Drazil, sweetie, You go run Your A$$ off! your heart will race, your body will warm up and you will feel fulfilled! You won the battle! No one said it was easy but the rush from doing the exercise is worth forcing yourself to move!Proud of you. How many valid reasons did you post? None, well, maybe passing Rambo's man cave...I think it woulod inspire you. Keep up the good work..from Catherine's mom

Lee Ann said...

aren't you glad you have a vagina? i am. especially when i run. a floppy penis and set of nuts must get in the way. i'm sorry but it must. my boobs are annoying enough but that's what industrial strength enell's are for. team vagina!!!!

Lisa said...

you read my mind Draz! :)

Sooze said...

*snicker* You have a vagina. Best. Excuse. Ever.

Seriously though - I think you copied off of my list. Way to go for doing it anyway.

Dizzy Girl said...

Proud of you. :)

MizFit said...

inspiring.
needed.

the end.

Scuttleboose said...

I'll bet all your bedazzled sports bras are pretty! :) Glad you got the motivation!! :)

Ronnie said...

Three cheers for the vagina club! :)

TracyZ said...

Your "it doesn't matter" theory has helped me many a day in the last year.