Friday, March 18, 2011

BYOC Friday!!!!! ♥♪ Bring Your Own Crazy ♥♪

It’s BYOC Friday – Bring Your Own Crazy! Five little questions – some funny, some serious – that you can copy and paste to your blog. We do this in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Enjoy!

Side note: Some of the questions today or upcoming may be repeats BUT some newbies have asked that I ask them so if you don’t mind re-answering that’d be great for all the new bloggers who are getting to know us “oldies”!

1. Regardless of what stage you are in - in your weight loss, get healthy journey – do you still consider yourself “fat”? Was there a point when you stopped feeling that way?

• Hmmm…I guess I don’t consider myself fat BUT the funny part of that is that I don’t consider myself skinny. I know I’m not at 226 where I started but I’m not at goal either and I have a hard time seeing my body the way others do. I do know that before I had my tummy tuck when I was at goal (153 to be exact) – I remember miraculously LOVING every part of my body (except the hanging skin). I remember feeling thin every day. That was something…almost magical. THAT is where I want to be again.

2. Tell us about your first kiss.

• Ahhh…6th grade. I was petite and he was HUGE. Like as in 6 feet tall Ima gonna be a professional linebacker guy. He made the comment once that my entire butt fit in his one hand. Why on Earth I let some guy touch my butt in 6th is beyond me BUT I also let him kiss me. And I was scared to death. I ran to my friend’s arms and cried I was so scared. He was the nicest guy on Earth and we’re still friends to this day. He still tells me I was his first love and that the last day he ever cried was when I broke up with him. Holy guilt trip huh? LOL

3. Describe your parenting style (either current or what you hope to do or what you would do if you ever had kids)?

• Crap – I’m not sure I have a style. I, frankly, think I suck at it. I’m too selfish to be a good parent. I like afternoon naps and sleeping in and time alone with Rambo and mundane things like that – that don’t happen often when you’re a mom. I’m pretty laid back though.

Honestly, if my kids say they aren’t hungry – I say okay – then we won’t eat until you are. If they want to eat a rice krispie treat for breakfast on a weekend – I eat one with them. If they want to take a huge bubble bath at 1pm – I say “have at it”. I do this because all of those things are things I never would have been allowed to do – ever. And I think life is too short to not do stuff like that. My girls have all the things I never had – including a father who is present, available and in love with them….and shows it every day.

We’re both big on respect. We don’t tolerate disrespect or being mean and snotty. Pretty basic parenting I think. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done and I’m pretty sure I’m scarring them both in some way but that remains to be seen right?

4. How would your best friend describe you?

• This is hard. No idea why. Maybe I’m just in awe that I can answer this question. It’s taken me all my life to finally find my best friend sooo just the fact that I can answer this is enough for me. I think Jenny would say I’m nice. She always tells me I look smoking hot. She’d say I was a good mother and friend and worker too.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

In real life – I’m being tested at every turn. Apparently, God is trying to tell me something – so I’m trying to stay open and willing to see the positive in things…but in reality – I feel like I’m living in a big shit storm. I’ve had migraines and a cold – so I haven’t worked out like I would have liked. I’m worried about some political things happening in our state that affect Rambo’s job. I’m preparing to have lasik surgery soon with Rambo. Things have taken a turn for the worse with Watermelon (I’m posting later on that). Part-time job deadlines are LOOMING while the full time job is crazy busy too. Rambo is working shit-tons of overtime so I miss him like crazy.

It’s just an “odd” time for me…but I shall survive. I am woman – hear me ROAR….right?

In blogland – um yes – I am sucktastic as well. I barely posted and barely commented and I feel guilty and regretful for that. My followers are so important to me and always fill my life with comments and love and when I can’t reciprocate that – it hurts my heart. Here’s hoping next week will be better.

Love to you all! ♥♥

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Love that first question, Draz. Been kind of dealing with how to answer it -- for myself! -- for awhile now. I can't quite see myself in the way I 'want' to see myself yet.

Food Freak said...

God, Draz. Your serious ones are really serious. What's odd is that I answered #1 in my blog last night for the first time ever. It took a lot out of me. I'll answer your questions today because I love that you take the time and make the effort to do this--to help us all to know each other better.

And don't you ever think your blog isn't one of the best on blogspot! I love it here.

Theresa aka Tessie Rose said...

Good stuff!

Beth Ann said...

Interesting questions! And interesting answers. Gonna have to think some today, but that's a good thing!

Band Groupie said...

Catching up...sorry about the bully...AGAIN...your poor DD (and no, you're not over-reacting!

When you're feeling up for it (OK, in a month or so, when the crazy has died down), I've got a special request for you. Would you mind doing a BYOC (love these) or something like it, over at the BOOBs forum...maybe some of the questions you've found that helped you most in getting to know others? I noticed on the 'introduction' thread that there are a lot of people that I don't know well, and other newbies coming, so I was hoping there would be more in the intro's than just our blog titles. Hey, come to think of it, I didn't see you in the intro's, did I? You are coming?!! If not, I'm coming to hunt you down at home and drag you there LOL!! -BG

Read said...

As always I love your answers and continue to believe you are too hard on yourself! There's no way it's possible to read all the posts on all the blogs you follow all the time. Do it for you - that's what matters.