Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Intention Review....

Since it’s the first of another month, I want to review my 2011 Intentions that I set in January. I’m a little nervous about this but putting them in front of me at the beginning of each new month will keep me accountable.


Here is my list and progress (or lack thereof):

1. Practice self-love

* I think I’m doing well on this one. While I’m currently taking a break from posting self-love portraits of each of my body parts…I’m not done. I will continute this until every body part is covered. That’s the physical self-love. The mental self-love is still a daily struggle but I’m working on it.

2. Incorporate daily meditation.

* Epic fail…unless you count my brain going a million miles a minute for 2 hours before I can fall asleep. I must make this a priority in March.

3. Complete ½ marathon.

* It’s in the works – I’m back to running and still have plans to complete this in September.

4. Be enough – have enough – feel enough.

* I’m sorta good with this one…I feel grateful every day for the people and things in my life. I’ll always struggle with internally being enough but at least I’m aware of it right?

5. Continue frequent blogging.

* Um yes – this makes post #3 today – I’m a bit obsessive.

6. Renew wedding vows.

* Yup – still plan on doing this.

7. Continue Dave Ramsey plan – embrace coupons.

* Success on the plan as we just paid off the car this month. Fail on the coupons – man that’s time consuming….

8. Think outside the box – try new things – face fears.

* This is a work in progress…

9. Keep food/fitness journal current.

* Success….I’m still journaling since I started on January 1st!

10. Reach out more – tell people how I feel – ask for help – embrace my backbone.

* Big success. I recently cleared the air with an old friend from high school by telling her how I feel. I will be telling my mother exactly how I feel this week (blog post to come on this) and in doing so – I will be embracing my backbone at the same time.

So there you have it – my 10 intentions for 2011.

And don’t forget the mantra:

Embrace the Real. Love the Journey. Find the Peace.

Did you make a resolution or intention list, a mantra or a word? When is the last time you looked at it?

9 comments:

Laura Belle said...

OK, so on #2 I've got an idea. It's called Biofeedback. I am a major supporter and have been practicing for, well...a freaking long time. Here's an easy version to help with the 'million miles a minute' before bedtime: lay down on your back, arms at your side, palms up. Breath in through your nose and as you breath out, imagine all your heat/energy moving from your heart to your fingertips. Basically imagine your hands getting warmer. (I picture myself on the beach putting my hands in the hot sand.) Continue to breath in and out, concentrating on the warming, keeping your mind as blank as you can. If a thought comes to your mind, acknowlege it, and push it away, not thinking about it any more. Then continue to breath. Do this for about twenty minutes a night and I PROMISE you it will help! It will also be really difficult to control your mind and stop the millions of thoughts at first, but with practice it does get easier. (And technically this is meditaion!) Goal #2 = conquered.

Read said...

oh hmmm to Laura Belle's comment - I may have to give that a try (of course my first thought is - 20 minutes - I don't have 20 minutes to freakin' lie there) but I think that might be the point.

Anyway - It sounds like you are doing an awesome job so far. You totally rock!!! As this is the first year in my life I've ever done anything like a list of intentions or resolutions - I was recently thinking of how to keep mine (as I copied your idea of doing it) in mind as well. So just to warn you - I'll be copying this post idea as well.

Beth Ann said...

This is interesting. I make goals for myself all the time, but I'm not sure I'm good about re-assessing how I am doing.

Also, little sidenote, thank you for your comments the last couple of days. I'm working on believing them, I truly am. It's a process I guess. Thank you for helping me get there!

Food Freak said...

What an excellent idea. No, I don't have a list of goals for this year. Hell, the only goal I have is to someday retire and then paint, embroider, garden furiously, write a cooking method and technique book (like Jacques Pepin for beginners) and so forth. Maybe I could do some of that now?? I think you've put me on to something. I've been thinking about the book idea for a while now, and even started one chapter.

Thank you.

I think you're doing brilliantly! You're making progress on nearly everything. Meditation/biofeedback really works, and you'll be very good at it, I just know it. Go for it. So you're going to go over the list monthly? That's smart. You're monitoring yourself. Excellent.

Where did you learn to write so well?

THE DASH! said...

I love that you have set goals and have set about achieving them - its quite a lot for one month but you seem to be on track. Well done.

Miz said...

Ive gots me a mantra.
I need to get me back to my mantra and follow your badass example.

MandaPanda said...

Laura Belle's idea is a good one. I've been doing this for almost a year now. What I've found though is that most of the time I fall asleep before I'm really "done" doing it but I guess that means I'm relaxed, right?

Ronnie said...

Awesome intentions. :) I'm proud of ya.

Ali said...

You are on the Dave Ramsey plan? I think I may be in love with you now. :-) I am going back and reading all of your blog, hence the replies to older posts. I have taken Dave's course but am struggling to get myself to actually DO the work/plan. Also, love the intentions. I pretty much need to do all of them. I'll never be able to meditate though. My mind won't shut down enough for me to do it.