Friday, April 22, 2011

BYOC Friday!!!!! ♥♪ Bring Your Own Crazy ♥♪

Anyone remember BYOC? It’s this thing I *usually* post every Friday – so we can get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break…but I’ve missed a few due to my life being batshit crazy. Anywhoozle…let’s get back to it today…Bring Your Own Crazy!!!


Post on your own blog if you wish and ENJOY!

1. In the spirit of Easter – tell me – what is your all time favorite Easter candy?

• Reeses eggs are pretty high up on my list – solely for the egg shape BUT I recently discovered little chocolate eggs with Butterfinger chips in them. I mean – they are the perfect “shove the whole thing in your mouth” size. YUMMO!

2. What is your Zodiac sign?

• Is it horrible that I had to look this up? I mean I know the name of what I am but not what the actual symbol is. I’m a Libra and apparently that means my symbol is the scales. Who knew?

3. Are you holding on to something you should let go of?

• Um…how about Drazil? Sheniqua? Yes. I should kick both their azzes to the curb.

Ah, but seriously – YES. Probably too many things to list. Throughout the drama with my sister and her graduation, I’ve definitely learned I’m hanging on to bitterness and rejection and jealousy – from freaking decades ago. What a load to carry along with the present day shit. Who needs that?

The second thing that comes to mind is the pain over the loss of “things” due to the flood at my childhood home. I plan to remedy this by going back there one last time – to say goodbye and to let go – before it is torn down. I even have it planned in my calendar for April 30th. Let’s hope it works.

I’ve got quite a few other things but these are at the top of the list. I’m a good “hanger-onner” and not a real good “let-go-er”. Dammit.

4. What are three “nevers” you follow in your life?

• Never stop buying purses and shoes. (no matter how much weight I gain or lose – these two things always fit)
• Never go anywhere without backup chocolate and an extra pair of underwear (don’t ask)
• Never ever let anyone in my life wonder how I feel about them

Oh and just one more – never ever tell the secret of how to fart gumdrops.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

Blog land has been contemplative for me. The show I watched has really got me thinking deeply and the post I wrote about my sister/mom convo still feels pretty raw and I appreciated all the advice and empathy more than you know. Oh and yes – I’ve been sucktastic at commenting again. Geez.

Real life is just like blog life for me. I’m filled with thoughts and fresh emotions. Rambo is playing Elmer Fudd so I feel alone – even though I’m not. Easter is coming and I’m afraid I’ll eat my weight in chocolate bunnies and afraid we’ll have to hide the eggs in snow. But Rambo is off of work and next week is lasik surgery and all I can do is keep moving on. My diet has been great this week so that’s a start.

Oh and I miss Jenny. I haven’t heard her voice in a few days – which is rare – and it makes things feel off. But even so – I can feel her with me and I know she feels the same. We’re never really apart and the best part about us – is that there are no expectations or guilt if life is crazy. The love and the bond remains. How’s that for sappy?

Oh oh - one more thing - I did TWO things that are major in the way of combatting my social anxiety!  Can't wait to tell you about it Monday!

Happy Easter my Skittles!

8 comments:

Kenda said...

I'm glad you are back with the BYOC! It's hard when you feel alone or isolated, but I hope you know how much support you have on here.

#2: I knew!! lol. I'm a libra too. The scale is our sign because of our innate sense of fairness and justice. :-) at least that's what the thing says.

Amanda Kiska said...

Thanks for the cliff hanger! Now I'm going to think about it all weekend and I'm off on Monday so I won't get to see it until Tuesday!

I had some family let-down lately too. Like you, I've always taken care of myself and I think our families must assume that means we are unfeeling robots who never need or want anything from them. I'm glad you have others (Rambo, Jenny) in your life who'll never let you down!

MandaPanda said...

I even did the BYOC to celebrate its return. I hope next week is less of a rollercoaster for you.

PS_Iloveyou said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! You're is so fantastic looking, I'm so enjoying it! I think I'll do an extra post today so I can be part of the BYOC too.

Yay!

Ms. M said...

They have eggs with butterfinger bits??? I'm in big troubled now! Can you tell I've been avoiding the Easter candy.

I love your reasoning for having nails. Everything else can be a mess... but the nails always look great. Maybe I will try getting them trimmed super short and see if that helps.

Dizzy Girl said...

Love you like clear nights love the moon. That is all. :)

FitBy40 said...

Hey there, so glad you found me since I lost all my bookmarks because of stupid technology!
I wanted to tell you I had Lasik years ago and I LOVE LOVE IT...and only wish I had done it a lot sooner. Congrats to you!

MizFit said...

OOOH Im late to the FRIDAY due to travel---but now I dont have long to wait to end the cliffhanger right?

**refresh**

**refresh**