Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Conquering today.

March 16th


Would any of you like to take a guess at what that date means?

The last day I farted gumdrops? Nope.
The day I finally strangled Explosive Man? Nope
The day I ate nothing but organic, healthy food? Not hardly

I’ll tell you.

It was the last time I worked out.

Holy green donkey dicks right? Wowser.

Don’t freak out too much because………I worked out last night! Can I get an AMEN?

Let me tell you – Jesus, Mary, Joseph and even St. Peter – my body and my mind have missed running soooo badly.

I even had a killer migraine last night. I swore to myself if the pain meds worked, that come hell or high water, I would work out. NOTHING was going to stop me.

I even missed my nightly “as soon as I get home from work” cuddle because when I walked in the door, the light was on in the workout room and Rambo was in there jamming away, sweating his balls off on the elliptical. It’s go time folks. We’ve both got races in September.

I started by running for 2 miles at an even pace – just to prove to myself that even after months away – I could still run and not die. I put in 65 minutes total. I did my time. I sweated through my shirt. My hair was wet. I hit the 20 minute wall and wanted to stop but I refused to. I told myself enough was enough and I was worth this.

After the wall, I couldn’t believe how good it felt to run and move and do something hard and push through it. When I was done, I went upstairs and I kid you not – I kissed Rambo and the first words out of my mouth were, “God, I feel so much better.”

Why do I stay away? How do I forget how exercise makes my mind feel? One day of working out and today I feel better in my heels. I feel better in my head. I feel like I accomplished something. I didn’t let life – and a migraine – and exhaustion – and a million other things – win. *I* won.

I conquered the day.

In fact, I plain ‘ol kicked ass. And Ima gonna do it again tonight.

If you’re on the fence about working out today – please don’t be. I beg you to force yourself to do it. I swear to you that you will never regret it ever.

And I also swear to you that wearing heels the next day will be just a little bit easier too……..

So whaddya say? Wanna conquer today with me?

16 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

ummm. Would you just work out for me? Cuz I'm just a big ole lazy ass. Ok, I'm not but, damn girl, the last thing I want to do after getting home from work is work out.

I'm very proud of you tho. Keep it up.

Stephanie said...

I'm working out tonight with my trainer and it is my lass session with her until late June and I am healed from my surgery. Tonight I am going to tell her to kick my ass up and down the gym and make me work/sweat/shoot dirty looks/curse her name like there is no tomorrow.

Good for you for getting back on the wagon!! :)

Jen said...

I knew you would kick ass! You did! Can I get a whoot whoo!??!!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Working out is where I'm really falling behind in my plan. I've got to build some muscle mass back up. I just cant get past my mountain to do it. You are an inspiration though and I will try to make it into the exercise room in few minutes to do SOMETHING for today. Keep on with the motivation, Draz, I can sure use it

Dawnya said...

Let's do it Draz!!! Glad to hear you are back in your zone. You are badass!!!

Cat's Chic Chat said...

I bet you left a bit of Sheniqua and Draz in the dust too!! So very very proud of you. I absolutely feel awesome and happy that I've been working out before work each day. I just get my ass out of bed and kick ass first thing before I even realize I'm doing it. And yes. I'm wearing heels today. The same ones you asked for a picture of that I wore to the wedding. : ) Congrats girl. You are a rockstar.

Cindy said...

I joined a gym a few weeks ago. Got a personal trainer last week. Last night worked on upper body mostly (and the treadmill to warm up). I threw up half way through it. Came outta the bathroom with tears in my eyes. "are you okay? do you wanna stop?" NO GODDAMNIT I'M FINISHING THIS!

Came home crying. I feel like a pussy.

But I DID IT.

Read said...

OMG - Forgive me father for I have sinned. Or rather - forgive me body for I have not worked out. It has been SOME time since my last workout. I too have been sucking donkey dicks on this one. I'd love to say I'd do it tonight, but unless Jack's game gets canceled I just don't think I will. But... I think I can do it tomorrow morning. You've inspired me!

Laura Belle said...

You're such an ass-kicker. Even if it's your own ass! HAHA.

You go get 'em girlfriend! I'm right behind you!

(PS: Missed you too!)

MandaPanda said...

I gotta get back to it...I'm working on it. I swear.

Jess said...

I was thinking about doing some Zumba tonight or even my Wii Fit game. My "last workout" date is even further back than yours!!! EEk! I gotta get on this!

Beth Ann said...

I LOVE IT! I'm definitely running tonight. Plus, Amy told me that zombies would eat me if I didn't. So I have to. :)

Glad you feel better!!

Amanda Kiska said...

Good job getting back to it! That was a long time away (but with many good reasons)!

Sarah Williams said...

Way to go girl! I am getting back to the grind too, I think a lot of us can agree April sucked donkey balls! Time to get in gear!!!!!

Dizzy Girl said...

I'll have you know I ran four miles AND went to a hot yoga class today. I kicked ass too. Yay for us! :)

Justawallflower said...

I started off today by WALKING my child to school! It was only six blocks, but hey, three of them are up hill! that counts for something, right? And I'm gonna do it again this afternoon to pick her up! and again tomorrow! And we'll add to it! so happy your back at it!