Friday, June 3, 2011

BYOC Friday!!!!! ♥♪ Bring Your Own Crazy ♥♪

It’s FRIDAY – which means it’s BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy…around these parts. We answer a couple of questions to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog if you so desire…and ENJOY!!


1. If you could pick any name on Earth for yourself – would you change yours and what would it be?


• My name isn’t super unique EXCEPT in its spelling AND in reality there are hundreds of millions of women who have it for their middle name…but again, not spelled like mine is. I do like it and only know one other person in my real life with my name so that makes me happy. I’ve chosen to name my girls very unique names and in the 10 years they’ve been alive I’ve yet to meet anyone who shares their name that I know personally.

I do have to admit though that I have always loved boy names that girls have….like our famous Joey or Sam or Charlie. I love it when women are given those names for some reason….it’s like fighting the system from the moment you’re born….so rebellious and fun.

On the other hand, if you asked me what name I’d like to strike from the universe..that’d be easy. Sheniqua.

2. If you’re a worker-outer…what time do you partake in such activities? There are SO many theories about when it’s best and not best to work out….like the morning is better since you have an empty stomach or the night is not good because you won’t be able to sleep…etc, etc. – so I’d like to hear your theories.

• I’m a “whenever the hell my life allows it” kind of exerciser. That being said I have definitely done almost every time. I used to go to the gym EVERY day at 4pm no matter what and that worked good. Then I started working out at home after everyone was in bed at about 9pm and I never had trouble sleeping. I’ve tried the morning thing and the workout was terrible. I couldn’t stop yawning and got nothing out of it…even though secretly I *want* to be a morning girl. (any tips on how to achieve this would be appreciated)

I’ve figured out for me that no time is better than another – the point is it’s just good if I do it at all.

3. If you drive a car – what kind is it and if you could drive any car – what would it be?

I drive a gas guzzling Ford Explorer. I can admit it – I’m an SUV kind of girl. I love how it’s not a tiny car but not a huge truck either.

I’d love to say my dream car is a ‘stang or convertible or something but I think it’d be super fun to drive a little Volkswagon Bug with flowers on it. Have you seen those?

In reality, I’d prefer our Harley to a car any day.

4. Can you be totally honest in answering this next question and tell me what you think of tattoos? More importantly – what do you think of the people who have tattoos – specifically women?

• Yes I know what people think shouldn’t matter – but it does. I currently have ladybugs that look like they are crawling across the top of my feet..and I’m thinking of adding to that with lilies, more ladybugs, stars and swirlies up the side of my leg/calf. Very feminine. Very colorful and pretty. BUT for the first time ever I’m torn about this one. I have lots of tattoos and I’ve drawn most of them myself and always felt 100% confident about where and what they were about. I have no regret and was always excited about them.

For the first time, I’m unsure. I can’t get past what people may think because this will be the biggest tat people can see. I can hide all my others…and I could hide this but in the summer it’ll show a lot – which is the point I suppose.

This is a dumb question huh? I think I just keep hearing my mom (who hates every single tattoo I have) going on and on about how people will look at me and judge me and think I’m less than or trashy or something because of my tats….and I wonder if she’s right.

What do you think – honestly? When you see a woman with a tattoo what is your first thought? Trashy floozy OR pioneer? I promise not to be offended.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

Real life was a bit tough dealing with the flooded house being gone and I’ve had quite a few migraines this week too. And now I have sore feet from my hooker shoes to top it off. Rambo has the weekend off so I’m super excited and as of the June 1st I’ve worked out and even run every day. YAY me! Like I mentioned, I’m having a new tattoo drawn up and some Harley riding is in my future tomorrow.

Blog life was good – typing out my sadness helped and posting my shoe pics and purse pics is always fun. Blogging about going commando makes me wonder how many followers I’ll lose but then someone comments and says something like “I couldn’t go commando because I need a fart filter” and I laugh my ever-expanding ass off and it’s totally worth it. Fart filter is seriously a great thought. Almost as good as green donkey dicks.

Oh and my friend Camille is running a race this weekend (I think) so send her some “kick ass” vibes and Miss Stephanie could use some “swelling be gone” vibes after her neck lift…and Ice Queen? Where are you? I miss you…unless of course you’ve been posting and I missed it.

A bunch of you asked where I got my “cheap” shoes…it’s urbanog.com. LOVE that site!

Tootles Lovies!

23 comments:

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

Ok so first thing...I LOVE ladybugs!! I currently have 4 tattoos and am planning on getting another one. Every one has a meaning and I think that is what is important... that you like them and in some way they mean something to you. I would like to think that when seeing a lady with a tattoo it means that they are strong. It is a very painful process and it takes a lot of guts to even go through with the process. I love tattoos on men and women. I love looking at what other artist have done and get ideas for some that I would like. I would love to see pics of your ladybugs!!!

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

BTW...Great BYOC!!!

Daffy said...

I'm a morning person...but in turn I am SO not a night person. I can and do stay up late but I'm not nearly as perky and it takes copious amount of caffiene and I have to have naps during the day. I haven't always been a morning person though. I think habit turned me into one. Now I just function better first thing in the morning. I'd much prefer a sunrise over a sunset!

And tats are awesome...or can be! Distasteful ink is distasteful ink period. Its the person that makes them treashy not the ink itself. Although I've seen some pretty bad ink. And I'm not just saying that because I have an appointment for some work to be done myself :O)

Angela Pea said...

The tatoo question? I think opinion is mostly influenced by *when* and *where* you grew up. When I was a young person, the only women who sported tats were hookers; the only men were gansters or prisoners. Where I grew up, tatoos on "regular" people were seen more in urban areas than they were out in the boonies of the Bible Belt.

That said, times change and attitudes do, too. I'm infinitely more opened minded than my parents, and I think tatoos are beautiful, and that those who have them are very, very confident!

Laura Belle said...

I'm pretty sure you could guess my response the tattoo question, but I'll mention it anyway. I have never thought that enhancing your body with beautiful art is a bad or trashy thing. But I agree with Daffy: it's not the tattoo that makes the person trashy, it's the person. And she's also right about bad ink...when I see this really awful tattoo (looks like a grade schooler inked it) on one of my 'young' employees, I cringe for him, but he wears it proudly and seems to not care. So, good for him.

Anyway, I told Ryan that I was getting another tattoo last night. All he said was, "mmkay". That was easy! :-)

Kelliann said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog and now I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Urbanog - You rock!
As fo the tattoo question - I have 3 myself. 2 are hidden well (Unless I wear some daisy dukes) but the 3rd I got on my upper chest, so it's visable if I wear anything with any kind of neckline, and I do occasionally get "looks". But frankly, I don't care. I know the reason it's there, it's beauiful and it's special to ME. So, let them look and think whatever! I can't wait for my next tat!

Cat's Chic Chat said...

I'm definately a morning workout girl. I feel I have accomplished something and have the workout finished. But the thing is, I cannot just roll out of bed and do it, which is why I think the work gym is working for me. I have almost an hour between wake up and kick ass. It works. If I were retired, I would definatley roll to being a night owl. I've seen it happen over vacations.

Car - I drive a Scion xB. it's the 2004 model that was like a tissue box on wheels. I absolutely love my car. I would also replace it with another one. It's economical, good on gas mileage and I love the rarity of it. I only see another one usually a few times a week.

As for tats, I have two. I have a frog on my leg (I collected frogs for a while, now people seem to think that is an awesome gift for me. you'd never guess how many frogs I've been given) and I have a celtic knot on the little fat part at the bottom of my neck at the top of my back. I love them and think like others that it's the person and the ink that makes the tat trashy. Good ink and artist and it's going to be gorgeous.

Leslie said...

If I don't workout first thing when I wake up then I won't exercise that entire day. It's just how my mind works for some reason.

Tattoos are fine!! I wouldn't recommend them on your face but they are an expression and expression is a very good thing. I've always wanted one, I just don't know where I would put it.

Theresa aka Tessie Rose said...

Blogger is a turd and along with messing up comments, it won't let me copy and paste anything to my blog, that's why I haven't done BYOC in a while, but give my 2 cents in the comments. I do not have any tattoos. My husband has one, I don't mind them. I do prefer tatoos that can be hidden with clothing though. I agree with Angela Pea that it has more to do with when I grew up than anything else. I go to lots of formal events, and I must say that I don't like to see a woman in a beautiful ball gown with a tattoo showing, but that's me and my old lady self. I don't judge people with tattoos, my children have already told me when they are old enough they will have them. I do appreciate the art, but have seen some really bad ones too. I do not have the desire to get one though.

Katie J said...

I did my first BYOC today! I am not a virgin anymore! Woot!

~*Dawn*~ said...

Thanks Drazil!!! I can comment now! Blogworld watch out!

Amanda said...

I tend to think "pioneer" with girly tattoos. The only person in my entire genetically-linked family who has a tattoo is my youngest female cousin, and she freaking rocks.

Actually, I think she has between 3 and 5 tattoos. I need to message her on Facebook and find out.

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I'm dying to get a tattoo but I can't make up my mind what I want. It will take some thinking to decide.

Ronnie said...

Yay! I love BYOC. :) Going over to urbanog.com first, though! LOL

Barbara said...

Fingers crossed this comment takes Draz!! I think you should go for the tats.. I don't have any, but not for not thinking about it.. its just the last couple years have been tied up. I always wanter a tinkerbell tat.. she is my hero.. so go with your heart .. hugs

Barbara said...

YEAH!!! it worked!!

lanae said...

Hey this is fun! I did my first BYOC today too!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love that you have tattoos. But then, so do I. Of course, my mom and dad don't know about it unless one of the few siblings that know told them. We are having a family dinner soon and I might wear some capris that show just a little of them. that and I want to order a drink. That would really get them. I'm a butthead I know.

AutumnLeaves said...

Can I answer here? I love the BYOC and when I read it on Erika's blog and now your own.

1. I've always despised my name (Sherry) and would change it if it wouldn't hurt my mom so much. Let's see...I love the name Autumn. I love my daughters' names (Jessica, LeAnn). I like the names Hannah, Leila (pronounced L - long 'i' - lah), Lynette, Raquel, and probably more but my early morning mind can't think right now.

2. Used to work out and did it in the mornings. My favorite time and it gave me energy for the day. Now? I'm just too old, fat, tired, and/or lazy.

3. I drive a 2011 Kia Soul. I love it. But? Like you, I've always loved the VW Beetles. As long as it is clean and cute, I'm happy. The other car I like is the Nissan Cube and the old Scion shapes.

4. I have three tattoos (all on my back or back of hip). I intend to get one more on my ankle very soon. My dad had three, two on one upper arm, one on the other. I like them and I don't discriminate against those who have them or judge those who don't care for them either.

5. Week summary? Nothing too high, nothing too low. Just glad its the weekend.

Jody V said...

Hi Drazil! I'm new to your blog! The tattoo talk is VERY interesting to me!! I want more but didn't lose the amount of weight I wanted to and I'm afraid to continue. If the tattoo is meaningful to you...GO FOR IT! I love them! I'm still planning to rock this weight loss and have my plastic surgery too!

Jody from Jersey

Wendy said...

tattoo or like beauty babe...in the eye of the beholder. or unless your like me and would proabably change your mind (if your really like me during the actual tattooing) about the one you get they are not so hot. i would love a zinnia for my grandaddy (they are th flowers he grew for me every year) or a pinkish dragonfly that would look like a birthmark but i am willing to bet after i got them done i would get tired of them really quick. i do have a heart on my ankle that shal remain unfinnished until i have it removed because 1) it is on the lump of muscle there and and I would honestly choose completly drug free child birth over getting it finnished or covered up and 2) i would rather have it removed as i am honeslty not a heart gal nor was i really much of one when i had the dang thing started.
I do like tattoos don't get me wrong a r.a. in college i worked with had one on his back that was his name that upsied down or rightside up you could read his name...how freaking cool is that! Oh and a girl i used to work with had swirlies on her arm and wrist. I thought she got bored one day and drew on her self but heck no! tattoos!
But the ones i don't get are booby ladies. Pin up girls are eee ok to a degree but when you have bare butt betty and her ta tas showing i knid of start to dislike them. And people who have their faces done to look like animals..i.e. cats. not to hot on those either.

crazy week...yes....cried so much thursday i almost had my 15 year old drive me to the er. it was so bad i could barely breath with out crying. almost started again yesterday and several times so far today. i am not sure why i am doing this. I know i am stressed about my momma and my weight, my lack of job and my worthlessness that is coming on with the lack of job. and just being so freaking worn out physically these days that it seems like i am crying in part from being too tired to do anything else!

what do i drive? myself nuts. no seriously a kia sorento. what would i drive if anything.....gosh. a horse and buggy would be cool. if i could go pick out anything right now it would be a Toyota tacoma. my son is wanting one and he could drive it when he turns 16.

Megan said...

I wish that I could be a morning person, too!! The world is made for morning people unfortunately!

Chubby McGee said...

Few things:

1.) Thank you so much for that link. I love shoes. I can't wear cute ones though (Hobbit feet). But I love looking at them and dreaming of them.

2.) Speaking of feet, I love foot tattoos. It's my BIG reward when I hit goal (135 lbs) to get a cupcake on my foot (I'm a baker with a cupcake fetish). I love the sound of your lady bugs! Great symbol of luck and love you've got goin' on there. :)

3.) I, too, love girls with boys' names. It's pretty cool! But I also love your name. It's super unique!

4.) You're funny. It makes me smile. :)