Friday, June 10, 2011

♪ BYOC....Bring Your Own Crazy ♫

It’s Friday so that means it’s BYOC day – Bring Your Own Crazy….to five questions we all answer in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break! Copy and paste to your own blog and ENJOY!


1. How and why did you first start blogging? And how long have you been blogging?

• It seems like forever ago when I started blogging and really I’ve only been doing it for 18 months. My best friend Jenny and I were talking about how we wanted to get healthier and maybe have fun writing about it and we should both do it together and one day – we just made up our names and voila!

The rest is history as they say. I originally thought my entire blog would be about weight loss and fitness and these days – it’s solely about poop, pee, puke, farting gumdrops, hanging out in Care Bear Land and going commando. Clearly – somewhere in there I lost all my standards and rules about keeping this blog classy. Shitballs. (most days I’m in awe that anyone still reads this)

2. Tell me about your perfect mate – if you could invent him/her?

• I’m all about manly men. I make fun out of men who walk around with knives strapped to their legs and drive 4x4s you have to have a ladder to get into but in truth – I’d take that kind of man any day over the suit and tie kind of guy. I’ve never seen Rambo in a suit – other than a tux – and I’ll be just fine if I never do. I think Rambo is the sexiest ever when he puts on his black swat team BDUs and tall boots and riot gear.

I like men who do physical jobs – manual labor – sweat and get dirty and have rough hands and work 24 hours a day even when they aren’t asked to but melt in the presence of children and their wives. I like men who can kick people’s literal asses at work and come home and treat their wives like a Queen.

My mom recently left a soccer game early to go home to cook for my dad because he couldn’t possibly cook for himself after working 10 hours. I nearly threw up in my mouth. I can’t get behind that. Or in front of it for that matter. I don’t want to take care of my man’s basic needs cuz I clearly have trouble taking care of my own.

So yes – manly men are what I find attractive. Beer drinking, camo wearing, deer hunting, don’t mess with my woman kind of men.

3. Do you wear fake eyelashes? Do you want to? Do you use glue or self-stick ones? Do you like how they look?

• Ok – totally selfish question. I noticed there’s a spot in my eyelashes that is blank and I’ve been wondering about falsies and love how they look but can’t get over that whole “putting glue that close to my eye” thing and the whole “ripping them off” thing. So the answer for me right now is no – I don’t wear them. Yes – I want to. And yes I am a fan of how they look even if I know they are fake. (I could say the same for fake boobs. Ha!)

4. Let’s say money was no object and neither was time off to recover – are you an advocate of plastic surgery after weight loss?

• I ask this because lots of people are getting to goal and plastic surgery is being talked about more and more in the blogs. I believe wholeheartedly that PS is a physical deal as much as it is a mental deal. The money, time off, recovery, swelling and the fact that as a woman – you did something just for you – can weigh heavily on you once it’s done and regret can easily kick in since it takes a bit for final results to show.

That being said – I had breast reduction almost 11 years ago and always considered it so medically necessary that I never considered it plastic surgery – but it technically is. I have never for one second regretted it. I only regretted not doing it sooner. Recovery was a breeze and insurance paid every penny. Very few people in my life know I had this done.

I never ever imagined that I’d opt for literal cosmetic plastic surgery again years later after weight loss – but I did. I paid every penny out of pocket and recovery was hell on earth and I regretted it many times while recovering and still swell 3 years after my mini tummy tuck. 90% of the people in my life don’t know I did this.

And in the small town I live I’d certainly be judged. I don’t know if I care BUT many people who haven’t lost weight are uneducated about hanging skin and the fact that you can’t lose weight to make it go away. Many people don’t know that after pregnancies your muscles are literally separated and the only way to fix them is to sew them back together.

Many people will judge. I say let them. For me – without the tummy tuck – the journey would have never ended. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – it’s like training and running a marathon and doing all the work and getting to the finish line and just stopping right before it and walking away. Who would do that? Why would you do that? I wouldn’t and I couldn’t.

Nor was I strong enough mentally to overlook my skin or learn to love it or accept it. The skin was the old me and I could barely look at it. I wish I could have but I won’t apologize for that.

I am not ashamed for either of my surgeries and would do them again in a heartbeat. Why then, do I not tell everyone I know? Probably because a part of me thinks the tummy tuck was self-induced. I let myself get heavy and I’ll never be happy with myself for doing that so needing a tummy tuck kind of pisses me off. I mean come on – if I could have spent $5k on diamonds, purses or shoes – that would have been soooo much more fun. Right or wrong – it’s how my brain works – even if it sounds wacky….so I choose to not talk about it in real life.

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

• Blog life has been good other than I’ve been sucking at reading and commenting lately. I hope to catch up this weekend. Things have been picking up regarding BOOBs 2011 in September so I’m getting more excited about that.

• Real life has been fine. I had a pity party about missing Rambo on our anniversary, lived through a storm, outran a snake, did NOT swallow a spider and will now go camping – in a tent – at a tattoo convention. I’ve lost my ever-loving mind I know. Rambo doesn’t work for the next 9 days so it’s Blissland over here in my neck of the woods.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!

Oh hey – if you do BYOC and I don’t follow you – please let me know so I can change that! I love to see the answers to these questions from people and want to be sure I’m following you!

12 comments:

rskmom said...

Have a great weekend, and enjoy those next 9 days!

FitBy40 said...

Happy Anniversary, and enjoy your week of bliss!

Red Riding Hood said...

Fabulous questions! Best get thinking and answering them :)

Beth Ann said...

I understand what you mean about not telling people about your surgery. I don't tell everyone about my Lap Band surgery, but it isn't because I'm ashamed. If I feel it is relevant, I will share. But often, it is not. We don't have to share our business with everyone! (Just in blogland!!) Happy tenting!

Joanna said...

I love BYOC - already finished mine!!

The more I do this, the more I see we have in common. One day, I hope we get the chance to meet...cause I think we'd get along GREAT!!

Ice Queen said...

I like these questions and will be back in a bit to answer them.

I just caught up with you and I needed me a solid dose of Draz. I'll get to everyone else in a bit but you had to be first. :D

I am back on track, no more avoiding. So you need to be, too. We'll run our courses together, hmmm? Girl power! We can do this!

Ronnie said...

I agree, on all counts, especially the PS (and manly men) front!

Cat said...

Love your answers. I'll definately be doing the PS on my arms (batwings) when I get to goal. I'll do my own BYOC tonight at home!

Bonnie said...

Just finished my first BYOC, thanks lady!!!!!!

Sam said...

Where can I meet another Rambo :o)

That is what the world needs, more Rambos!!!

AutumnLeaves said...

I so enjoy reading your BYOC Draz. I love how open you are and how honest and down to earth. Those are the kinds of people I love!

Colleen said...

I finally participated - I learned about you from Joanna over at Diary of A Mad Fat Woman!


Bring Your Own Crazy at Goodbye, Fat Girl!