Thursday, June 16, 2011

Care Bear houses and maxis you don't use once a month.

I forgot to tell you guys that I took a sick day Monday.  Like I took the WHOLE day off.  I'm a wussy and a 22 hour tattoo convention did me in.  And Rambo was wrapped around me.  About 1pm I decided to not completely waste the day so we jumped on the Harley and did a few hundred miles. 

Which is when I snapped the below picture for you. 


You know what this means right?  I have officially become a blogger who carries a camera in case I find something I want to blog about.  It's a sickness I tell you.

Today I went to work the whole day and I wore a maxi dress.  Here is a picture of the color scheme.  Yes - it's a cross between baby puke and split pea soup but I wore it anyway.  It's strapless with elastic at the waist and slits up both sides and it goes all the way to my feet.

I got shitloads of compliments on it even though I was scared to death to wear it.


Why scared you ask?  Because my snot of a 10 year old daughter walked in on me trying it on and said, "Mom - what are you wearing?  That does NOT look good on you.  Not for your body shape anyway."

The 5 year old walked in 30 seconds later and said, "Mommy - you look very pretty."

I sold the 10 year old and bought the 5 year old ice cream.

One guy did say to me today as he walked by...."Really - did you even look in the mirror today?"

He was smiling - but he was half serious.  So I tripped him....and put arsenic in his coffee.

Camo wearing boy FOLLOWED me into the breakroom to say I looked tropical and all I needed was an umbrella to finish my look. Thank you.  Want some fashion tips for yourself there buddy - cuz I'll give them to ya for free?

Lastly I would just like to say every time I told someone the dress I was wearing was called a maxi I turned red.  I get it - it's not a mini cuz it's not short - so it's a maxi.  But really?  NO ONE says or hears the word maxi without thinking of women all over the country hemorraging and deciding between ones with wings or ones without wings. 

Am I right?

15 comments:

Joanna said...

LOL - Love it!! Nuff said. :)

Laura Belle said...

It's raining giggles in my office. Right over my desk. People are staring.

bbubblyb said...

This cracked me up about the maxi part lol so true and yep I was thinking that, at least the dress wasn't red lol.

Leslie said...

I have an awesome idea for BYOC. I think that one of the questions should be a picture of someone with questionable fashion!!! I wish I had my camera on me the other day because I kid you not the lady had BLUE PAISLEY tights!!! Oh and it gets better with a striped blue skirt!! Just cause they are all blue doesn't mean they match!!!

MandaPanda said...

I want that house!

I think the same thing everytime I hear the word "maxi." You're not alone!

Ronnie said...

I like these maxi dresses, I feel like I could sport one and finally nobody would think the kool-aid woman was about to burst through their walls, and I wouldn't blind anyone with the whiteness of my gams. Always a plus in my book.

And camo pants, peach t-shirt, and crocks guy had the nerve to give you fashion advice? Wow. What is this world coming to?

Jody V said...

Too funny Drazil!! In my line of work...natural gas..not farting though...we use the word nipple! Get's em everytime!!

Caron said...

How funny! I think it must be "funny blog day" and I didn't get the memo. Thanks for the laughs. :)

Tori said...

YOu are so right!

Cat said...

You should wear the maxi dress comando and really F up everyone's day!

I am not seeing the split pea soup, maybe its my work monitor but I'm seeing a lovely ocean'ish blue with orange (fav color). Love the colors!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

LMAO. Love you, Draz.

Sarah said...

That's funny! You're probably right on that last comment... ;)

I found a maxi dress I loved at Macy's this weekend, but I just couldn't bring myself to drop $80 on something I'd only wear in summer & would be out of fashion next summer... But I really wanted it!

Sarah @ Thinfluenced

Beth Ann said...

You are absolutely right. There are just certain words I can't say. This whole Rep. Weiner scandel has been a real problem...

Nora said...

Um, someone says you look tropical, and I burst into "If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain. If you're not into yoga. If you have half a brain". Let's not deal with the reality of the song and that each party is looking to CHEAT. I see tropical, and I sing about pina coladas. What's wrong with that?!?

Laurie said...

Cracking up at the last sentence.
Why am I not seeing the beautiful Draz in the dress???