Friday, July 22, 2011

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy...

It’s Friday my dear blogging Skittles!


You know what that means, right?

It’s BYOC day! Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break! Copy and paste to your own blog and enjoy!!

1. Alright – forgive me – we’re gonna get a little personal here. I was flipping through my organizer and saw in big bright letters “ANNUAL PHYSICAL DUE” coming up soon. Then I remembered that last year my lady bits doc said that since I haven’t had a bad pap in so many years – that I don’t have to come back for another 3 years if I don’t want to. What the what? Did you guys know that?

No speculum in the vaginulum?

Anywhoozle – it sounds all good but really – do any of you follow this medical rule? Do you go every three years if you’ve never had a bad pap?

Jesus – that was a hell of a question huh? I obviously don’t have an answer since I’m asking the question. Part of me things woohoo – no sweating like Elvis before he takes a drug test naked on a table with my legs spread eagle for my doctor and of course 15 student teachers to observe. BUT then – it only takes 30 seconds and it’s a relief knowing I am proactive in my health.

You know – if they just made speculums shaped like penises, more of us women would be lining up at the doors for physicals don’t you think?

2. If you read, what are you reading right now? Or how about what is your fave music right now?

I read – a lot. Funny thing is I read either political or trashy romance novels.

Right now I’m reading Sarah Palin’s “Going Rogue”. Yup – I said it and you guessed it – I’m a conservative Republican. I never talk about it here and I’m not going to start but I have two brothers who are highly educated in the world of politics so I can’t help but follow along right?

And music – again – weird combos. I literally have old country on a CD right now mixed with heavy, heavy, head-banging mosh pit music.

I never said I was normal.

3. Name some of your favorite smells.

No – you cannot say Drazil gumdrop farts though those do smell pretty shitabulous.

Fresh cut hay – I’m a country farm girl at heart

Anything that Rambo has worn that has his smell on it

Jenny’s JUICY perfume. I bought some after I loved it on her and every time I wear it I think of her.

My kids – right under their chins/necks. I kid you not – the other night my 5 yr old fell asleep in her bed early and I went in there like I was some crook sneaking in and I shoved my nose right under her chin and just took a big ol’ whiff. There’s nothing like the smell of your own child.

4. Showers or baths? Shampoo only or shampoo & conditioner? Shave daily or just when you start feeling and looking like an ape?

Um – this one is pretty obvious right? Baths. Every. Single. Day. It’s my one thing I do for me every day – even if I’m running late. I usually take two a day – one in the morning and one at night with Rambo.

Shampoo only.

I’d love to say shave daily but it’s more like every other or every couple. Armpits daily but the rest can wait.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blogland.

Blogland is good as usual. I bit the bullet and posted a bikini pic and I will be taking that down tomorrow just so you all know. Ha! Also, just as I suspected, you are all in love with my brother now.

I’m staying busy posting on my own blog and doing BOOBs features too. So fun!

Real life is Won. Der. Ful. Something in me clicked this week and I just don’t give a damn about the little things at this point in my life.

I’ve asked Jenny to draw me a cupcake so I can get it as a tattoo from my bestie since she’s a chicken butt and won’t actually get a tattoo with me. We are still discussing the bikini wax excursion and I have plans to see Jenny in person in two weeks!

Two family picnics and a HUGE family party next weekend too.

Remember me? Anti-social girl who wants to live in a closet and suck her thumb? Apparently life has other plans.

I am completely on track with Nutrisystem (they even commented on my blog review) and am working out almost daily! Go me right?

Oh and I am OBSESSED with getting hair extensions so 99.9% of my time is spent researching them. Not sure if I want permanent or clip in? Anyone got any experience with either?

Love to you all.

I wish you days filled with baths of Skittles…and a few M&Ms thrown in for good measure.

XOXO and Much ♥

16 comments:

Cat said...

Oooh I love that you and Rambo take a bath together. Our tub is no where near enough for me and hubby to be in the tub together.

I love that Jenny is drawing your next tatoo. That's fantatic!! I definately want to get a tat to celebrate my journey to goal. I know I want WARRIOR in a scripty font, but not sure what would go with that. :)

Bridget said...

I'm a shower girl every day, and I have to use both shampoo and conditioner on this thick hair. And I shave daily.

Favorite smells are Dream Angels Heavenly (my perfume), my husband's cologne, and my son's Axe body wash. And I love the smell of honeysuckle.

Reading a romance novel right now and listening to my pop rock radio station.

Samanatha said...

baths together are so nice! My new house has this super huge jetted tub.. and we both fit! yay! That is awesome having your best friend draw your next tattoo. Gives it extra special meaning :)

Losing It said...

Hay? Really? Omg, I'd die, but that's what allergies do. ;)Get your vagizzle looked at. Better safe than sorry, I'd be so paranoid!

I love the new attitude. Keep rocking it.

Laura Belle said...

I don't think Ryan could fit in our bath...by himself. He has a hard time just standing in our shower without hitting his head.

I agree, keep that attitude around! For like EVER!

oh, and go to the freaking lady parts doc.

Amanda Kiska said...

I like baths too. I remember the last time you asked, practically everyone said, "Ew. Stew in my own filth? No, thank you!" I chose to believe that you and I are just cleaner than the average person.

Beth Ann said...

I wish I had a big comfy bathtub and then I would take baths. I just have a typical, cramped apartment tub, so showers it is.

Glad you are feeling happy!

Read said...

I'm so so so excited that you're gonna see Jenny so soon!!! Yay! Get your lady town checked out!

AutumnLeaves said...

I too prefer baths and only take showers when I am someplace than only has showers (such as a campground) or disgusting looking tubs (which rarely happens). I shave everyday (its been a habit since I started high school).

I've been flirting with coloring my hair again but am so afraid of stepping back on that merry-go-round. The gray roots just come in way too fast! (I usually see hints of them the very next day and they are already showing in two days and a good 1/8" inch at the end of a week.)

I'll never be young or beautiful again (not that I was ever beautiful, mind you) so I rather quit caring. Now that is sad, yes?

mirilapband said...

I have answered the BYOC questions (on Saturday, as has become my tradition). Thanks!

Laurie said...

I almost just had a panic attack thinking I had missed your bikini picture.
I wish you had my eyes...you would see a beautiful you like I do.
YES, go to your vejayjay visit every year. You do not want to miss something.
I love "lesbian chic music".
I am reading the second Girl with the Dragon Tattoo book.
I am not political, but I am a Northern liberal Jew, but we can still be friends:)
I love the smell of the beach, honeysuckles and my little girl. NOT the smell of my smelly teenage boys...but I still love them.

Lisa said...

Ok, glad to know I am not the only crazy woman who smells her kids necks. :)

Grace. said...

I love smells! Hay is a good one

MizFit said...

Im late with the crazy but have had extensions.
back in the early early 90s when they rarely did in caucasian hair.

and then one day I was tired of them and YANKED EM OUT myself.

short version?? I ended up shaving my head. had to.

how is THAT for bringing the crizzazeee :)

Miz.

Kelly said...

I'm not sure hair extensions are a good idea, though. Don't they tug on your roots? I go to the gyn every 6 months because I'm on the pill. It's important to go regularly!

Bodacious Boomer said...

Congratulations on staying on track. I'm totally impressed.

Fav smells: anything fresh baked, grapefruit body spray and Pert shampoo/conditioner