Friday, July 29, 2011

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

Bring
Your
Own
Crazy

A little ditty where we answer a few questions on Friday to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break.  Copy and paste to your own blog if you so desire!  Enjoy!

1.  Sun or rain?  Roses or tulips?  Romantic movie or comedy?

Rain - big time.  I love rain.  Rain is perfect for cuddling with Rambo and watching a movie.  It's the perfect excuse not to go anywhere or do anything.

Roses - hands down.  Rambo used to put roses in my locker weekly in high school and always sent them to me wherever I worked in the hugest bouquets ever.  He still sends them and it's always roses.

I'd prefer a romantic comedy - how's that for an answer?

2.  I've been sick lately and haven't eaten in two days - except for ice cream...which leads me to ask - what's your favorite ice cream flavor?

I thought mine was pralines and pecan (which is pecans and caramel in vanilla) but while I've been sick the only thing Rambo has been going out and getting me is soft serve blackberry.  To die for I tell you.

3.  Are you a door locker - in your house and car?

This is so interesting to me.  I grew up in a family where we locked nothing.  Still to this day - not only do my parents not lock their doors but they literally leave their sliding screen doors that go into their house WIDE open.

Then I married Rambo.  This man locks his cars in his own driveway. 

So I've become a locker.  I suppose it's good because I work in a secured access building and my access key is in my car and we're not supposed to leave our keys in an unlocked car but my first thought is never to lock anything.

We live in podunk.  The only crime here is someone parking on the wrong side of the street and getting a parking ticket.  It often makes the front page of the paper.  It'd be funny - if I was kidding.

4.  In the spirit of my being sick and wanting to die - tell me your "go to remedies" for when you are sick?

I take baths - in warm water or Skittles - both work
I sleep - in massive quantities
I whine - like a 2 year old
I secretly want my mother
I drink Mountain Dew
I eat ice cream
I eat chicken noodle soup only Rambo can make
I wear huge pajamas
I need Rambo to not go to work without me asking and praise God when he indeed doesn't
I inhale Tylenol cold medicine like a doper inhales meth

5.  Repeat question:  Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

Blog land is great!  I mean how can talking about Italian calf hair not be great, right?  Ah and yes - we had many discussions about prisoner poop and surprisingly enough - I only lost one follower.

Real life is very um....unpredictable.  I was going on all great and fine and then wammo - I got sick but dammit I put on my big girl panties and still made it through Botox in my armpits.

20 shots in each pit girls.  I swear to you I only felt about 4 of the sticks.  The needles is tiny-winy and they put a numbing cream on first and it takes all of 15 minutes.  The effects (meaning I shouldn't sweat) should last 3 months.  I shall keep you posted.

Oh and Nutrisystem is still good.  I'm down 8 pounds as of today!  Woot!

My neuro also put me on a new migraine prevention pill since I didn't qualify for the Botox for migraines.  Here's hoping that works!  Ice Queen - girl you should try this! 

I see Jenny next weekend!  Sheniqua is doing freaking cartwheels!  A vlog may just be in order!

17 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

What are you taking for the migraine prophylactic? I take 10 mg/daily of Amitriptyline for this. It seems that if I'm going towards migraines, I still go, but I'm not sure if it is the Ami or the age that has lessened the frequency over the years. Still, I'd be scared not to take it! Hoping to hear how the Botox injections worked for you too! (I don't generally have to fight perspiration much, but still, I'm curious!)

Joanna said...

Can't wait to hear how the Botox works for ya... it's so interesting to me.

I'm working on my questions, now... should be up in a few. :)

Cat said...

I'm so very glad the botox didn't hurt for you. I'm anxious to learn how it works. Did they ever tell you if the other sweat glands on your body would start doing double duty now? :)

Gen said...

Hope the botox worked and did not hurt too much! My injections yesterday were not bad at all.

I am totally going to grill you about the lipo and TT....going to the doc this morning.

Thanks so much for your comments, its great to hear from you!

Ronnie said...

Can't wait to see the possible vlog. :) Loved the one you gals did last year.

Lyla said...

Damn! Nutrisystem is treating you right, baby.

Feel better soon.

Beth Ann said...

This soft serve Blackberry of which you speak...sounds delicious!

Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't Lie said...

I'm sorry you're still so sick. Thank God you have the strength to blog. What would we do without BYOC Fridays??

You're down 8lbs and you still get to eat ice cream. You're one lucky lady!

Jody V said...

Hope you feel better soon! Your doing so good on NS!! I got my niece to try it. You never fail to put a smile on my face!!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I'm glad you are up to posting today. I was hoping to see you around. I'm a little bummed today so I don't feel doing BYOC but I loved your answers and praline pecan is my favorite ice cream. I also like butter pecan as Dail likes that too so we often get what we both will eat. He doesn't like caramel. I'm glad the botox was relatively painless. If it is worth it to you to go through it then that is all that matters. I don't sweat much so I don't think I would do it for myself. Hang in there. I hope you are back to yourself soon and feeling better. Hugs.

Read said...

I'm so glad it's almost time for you to see Jenny! I'm with my bff Camille and it's such a lovely thing!

This crazy life of mine... said...

Love readying your BYOC posts! You are so clever! Just did mine too... http://this-crazy-life-of-mine.blogspot.com/2011/07/time-for-little-byoc.html

Stace said...

I missed something....who is jenny? BFF?? Nothing like a BFF. Last time I saw mine in April I was expressing my breast milk with a breast pump and she breastfeeding her newborn. I think it disturbed her hubby how many boobs were flying around the room and how ok we were with it.

Kelly said...

Yay for seeing Jenny & vlogs! I'm a roses girl myself, but I do love flowers in general.

Becky said...

Vlog, vlog, vlog!!

Bodacious Boomer said...

I'm with you on the rain. I love it, especially when it comes with thunder and lightning.

Leslie said...

Just wanted to let you know that I did a shout out to you on my blog tonight. I had to pull a Draz and get feathers!! They came out awesome, thanks for showing them to me. I adore them.