Monday, August 15, 2011

Christmas...in August. For realz.

You all know Jenny....my bestie.

She knows how to rock a ponytail. 
She knows how to make her little fingers use a laptop to design the hell out a blog.
(or to email me off some self-induced dramatic cliff)

Yet, as much as I hate to admit it...as much as it pains me to say it......Jenny does have one little flaw.

*Gasp*

It's almost as unbelievable as the day I wore NUSSING during a Chinese massage, isn't it?

That went something like this in case you don't recall.




Anywhoozle, back to Jenny's flaw.

It's just a teensy one. 

She hates the US Postal Service.  She can't help it.  She has a long history with them.

Now you may be wondering why this matters and why in the world am I blogging about it?

Well, it's actually a flaw I love.

Because when I visited Jenny two weeks ago, guess what one of the first things we got to do was?

OPEN CHRISTMAS PRESENTS - 
-  because Jenny hates the post office so much she hadn't gotten there since December
of last year to ship our gifts!!!!

So that meant that even though it was August & 90 degrees - we were unwrapping Cmas presents.

How damn fun is that?  My girls were in paradise!

Lemme show you some of what I got.

I mean - really - who is the rainbow Queen?  That'd be me. 
When I wear these bracelets and earrings I feel like I'm wearing Skittles on my wrists and ears!

And then she got me these.  I'd love to show you an actual one of them...but um...yes - they are gone.
I have no idea who ate them.



She got me this cute earring holder - which by the way Jenny - Watermelon has STOLEN!



Oh and Jenny got me a lizard too...to emulate my beloved Drazil.  Drazil hates it. 
But Drazil is an asshole so what did you expect?



There was more in the box which meant more screams and squeals from Watermelon and Banana
when they opened their gifts and we all contemplated putting on our parkas to get more in the
Christmas mood but it was just too damn hot for that. 

Thank you Jenny for all the gifts....we LOVE everything!

Oh and I almost forgot - remember that while we were at Jenny's,
my sister was painting a skyline on Watermelon's wall as a surprise?

Here's a pic of that.  And yes - the pink is ass bright - but a 10 year old wants what a 10 year old wants.





Oh and get this?  Stef from Dreams of Skinny High Heels (also known as Pervy Planner)
sent me a little treat too.  Apparently I talk about candy a lot on my blog huh?

She sent me these and a huge box of Skittles AND a shitload of free STOLEN pens.



We are both admitted cleptos when it comes to pens.  I can't steal enough of them. 
Thanks Stef!

That's all I got today!  Love to you all my rainbow Skittles!

I'm off to fart gumdrops (in heels - duh)!


18 comments:

Cat said...

Yay First!
Also - I absolutely adore Jenny - not because she's your bestie and can rock a pony tail. Though that's awesome too...I love her because I hate the post office too and seriously have mail phobia or something. I can rock an email all day long, I can even write and address christmas cards but hubby has to send them. Cause yep - I hate the post office. /nod
And yeah...coolest skittle jewelry ever. /nod

Amanda said...

I love getting stuff in the mail~~ What a fun gift!!

Stephanie said...

I was just looking at the box of Gummies I sent you and on it says "Starring P.J". I gotta ask: Who the frick is P.J? Am I supposed to know this bear? It's a box of candy for criminy sake. Sorry, P.J, you're getting eaten. Your notoriety isn't going to save you from Draz's colon!

Caron said...

How refreshing to finally have a break from Christmas in July. Ha I'm kind of tired of walking into stores with Christmas decorations in the middle of this heat and humidity.

Dawnya said...

Friends rock...Christmas in August...so right up my alley.

I love the skyline. Your sis did a great job. Ya'll are just one talented family. HATE IT!! LOL

Beth Ann said...

Christmas in August is spectacular! I also hate the post office. But we have special access to FedEx here at my office. So, I typically pay $4-6 to FedEx something to someone rather than go so the post office. Lazy? Or time efficient? You decide.

Cece said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cece said...

Add me to the clepto-pen club ... love it !

Dizzy Girl said...

I LOVE YOU! And everything about you. You just make me happy. Guess who texted me the other day? Your buddy Goose. Is in Chi-town doing a marathon- said the city isn't the same without me. :) AWWWWWW! Thought of you immediately- love you to bits. xo-

D

Ronnie said...

I love pens, too. Maybe we should make a new blog? Band of Outrageous Pen Clepto's?

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Love christmas presents in August! Funky wall skyline--I'm not 10 but I would take it.

Joey said...

Then I feel EXTRA special that you and Jenny went to the USPS to send me something!

Laurie said...

"Drazil is an asshole" too funny

Bodacious Boomer said...

Christmas in the summertime- what a fab idea. My BD is mid December. Always sucked when I was a kid and even more so now. I should really move it.

Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't Lie said...

What an awesome bestie, Jenny is! Those gifts definitely scream your name. :)

Kelly said...

Christmas presents in August? Ack! I hate Christmas in the wintertime. Yup, I'm a Scrooge.

MizFit said...

OMG LOVE JEALOUS COVET!!!
and now.
Ive not forgotten you :)
just got nothing...YET!!

AutumnLeaves said...

Christmas in August? How phenomenal!