Monday, August 22, 2011

Le weekend...where Draz begins to feel threatened.

This is what happened in my head and in my life this weekend.

I know - don't hate.  Everyone wants to be me. 
Yes, I'm sure they do - me with my multiple personalities and all.

                        



We raised a shit-ton of money and a little boy who suffers from muscular dystrophy was our hero for the day. A fellow biker took what used to be a side-car for a Harley and made it into a side-car for a wheelchair so this little boy could ride all day with us.



We got the little boy his own leather Harley vest and the first thing he said was,
"I'm wearing this to school on Monday!"

I swear he never stopped smiling ALL day.  I was happy to be a part of this.
Here he is on his custom made side car.

Oh and my favorite bike of the day was this one....because it was owned and driven by a woman.

Do I even need to mention that Rambo wanted to enter us in the "weenie bite" contest yesterday? 
That's where they hang up a hot dog dipped in mustard and the guy drives his bike under it with a woman on the bike and she has to reach up and try to bite it with her mouth - she cannot use her hands. 
He cannot stop his bike or put his feet down.

I told Rambo that this event was crossing the HUGE line past my threshold for excitement in one day and there was no way in hell I was biting anyone's weenie. 

And I don't like mustard.  So there.

It wasn't all horrifyingly hive-inducing.
I mean almost 100 men - in leather - on Harleys - for a child in need. 
Very manly men.
Did I mention in leather?

And we began at a Harley store.
So I bought a new hat.
And a sweatshirt.
And a button up blue Harley shirt to match Rambo's eyes.

So nah...not all of it was painful.

I'm fairly certain Sheniqua is on her way out the door too....
...but I'm not even going to ask if anyone wants her.

23 comments:

Majid Ali said...

Please for Christ sake help this poor boy from Haiti

AutumnLeaves said...

Sounds like one awesome day, Draz! I would have loved to see a photo of anyone attempting that hot dog eating feat!

Vanessa said...

What a great day!

Wendy said...

iust when i thought your awesomeness might be able to max out you go and kick it up a universe worth of levels!

my socks you have officially rocked:) I can only think of one person I am more proud of....but I am not sure of his name. I do know he is able to figure out a wheelchair toting side care for his ride. That guys is beyond words amazing:) like bake cookies for and offer to do laundry for amazing;p

Robyn's Nest said...

Wow, I am so darn impressed.
And I want a motorcycle like the one with the flames- how cool.

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Sounds like a great time, Draz. And for a good cause too. Good for you and I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Cece said...

Wow ... that little side-car thingee is the coolest thing ever ! Way to go for getting pushing your comfort zone just a little bit more ... I'm sure that little boy will never forget what you folks did for him. Please pass me a tissue.

Laura Belle said...

You're just so awesome! All around...awesome!

What a great post!

I want to see the new Harley gear!!!

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a great day.....

Oh and I would have won that weenie contest.....I'm pretty good with my mouth...just sayin'....lol

Ronnie said...

That little boy had the time of his life - WITHOUT A DOUBT! This warms my heart. <3

MandaPanda said...

What a great cause and good for you for going with!

vickyd said...

Awesome weekend Draz and well done for working past your anxiety! I'm so happy for you!!

Caron said...

Love this! :)

Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't Lie said...

You guys are angels! I bet that boy had the time of his life!

Good for you for kicking Drazil to the curb. Like I said, he's perfect material for shoes and a purse. ;)

Dawnya said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend for a great cause. That little boy will never forget that day. Thanks for sharing.

You are kicking butt. I'm proud of you for jumping off the cliff of your comfort zone. Growth is a wonderful gift.

Sarah from Onmyweightohappiness said...

I can't stop giggling everytime I read the word "nussing" when you type it. Total classic moment!

Shannon said...

lol love the convo.

Sounds like you had a good time

Dawn said...

What a great day, that picture of the little boy made me well up with tears, what a cutey.

Bodacious Boomer said...

I'd seen that sidecar thingy for a wheelchair at the bike festival here. That must be one of the most freeing things in the world for someone who needs a chair. Good for them.

Kristin50 said...

The picture that comes to mind of what you describe with the "hot dog eating" just had me rolling I bet that is a real crowd drawer LMAO

Cat said...

Woo! What a change, I love that you whipped up a sitter and headed out the door. You are kicking Drazils ass and takin names girly.

Also - yeah, how much do I love the bike with the orange and yellow??

Finally - nope, have no use for Drazil as my own inner demons are all rioting and stuff right now anyway.

Kelly said...

Nussing is going to make me stop using that word, ever. And I can't believe you passed up a good weiner - that's just not even right. =)

Read said...

I'm wildly impressed with you - good job!! And.... I don't like mustard either! (and I loved the modified side car - that was brilliant)!!