Friday, September 9, 2011

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

It’s FRIDAY – thank the ever-loving heavens above. I mean why is it that short weeks (after a holiday) end up being thee longest weeks on Earth? Oy.


Let’s do BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy. We answer 5 questions in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break. Copy to your own blog and ENJOY!

1. Do you drink coffee? Decaf or regular? Cold or hot? If not – what’s your go-to morning drink?

This is interesting to me. I'm always curious about how people start drinking coffee. It’s like being introduced to cigarettes and beer and stuff because you either hate it or love it and people think you need to be “old enough” to try it and it usually becomes a habit that some people frown upon.

I don’t drink coffee. I, in fact, can’t even stand the smell of it.

Don’t be impressed or appalled anything – my go to drink in the morning is Mountain Dew. Go me.

Yah, I wish I liked coffee.

2. What are your top six characteristics in a partner if you could hand pick them. And just for kicks – if you’re in a relationship – after you make the list of six – does the person you are with possess all five?

Goofy sense of humor
Compassionate / kind
Strong work ethic
Ability to be a good father
Loyal / trustworthy / dependable
Ability to show feelings / love without fear

Rambo has all these characteristics if I think about it. He’s as goofy as they come. Last night him and I were running around the house like 12 year olds and Watermelon was giggling so hard I thought she might pee her pants. He works 3 jobs and gives to his community so much sometimes I have to literally tell him to stop.

Perhaps the biggest is the last one – the one I wanted most in a husband and father – because I never had it and needed it so badly. When I think about this week and my prison guard of a man kissing my baby girl’s palms in a hallway filled with people in front of the teacher – it gives me chills. My own father wouldn’t even have gone into the school. Period.

3. I’m going to pick a person – not knowing if this person even exists in your life – and you try to describe this person in 5 short words or sentences:

Paternal grandfather

Died very young
Very materialistic
Farmer
Had 6 children
I know very little about him

4. What’s your signature item? Color? Piece of clothing or jewelry? Accessory? You know – that one thing people know you will ALWAYS have on?

For me, it’s jewelry. Shitloads of it. If you asked anyone close to me what my signature accessories are – it’d be jewelry. If you’re really really close to me you know that my favorite color on this earth is teal. And you know that my prom dress was the most gorgeous teal color you’ve ever seen. Rambo told me for months that he couldn’t find a single tux store that could match the color so there was no way he could match his tux vest to my dress and I was super bummed about it. Then he showed up with my crown and corsage – in his tux – and his vest that matched my dress perfectly as a surprise.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog life.

This week has been rough. My Banana has been crying every morning in kindergarten and then gets better as the day goes on. On the other hand, Watermelon has stepped up to the plate and really been a great sister and tried to help out. It all just sucks though. All of us seem to be walking around with a lump in our throats and it’s just hard. Thank you for all your thoughts and tears….it’s so reassuring…

The overnight Harley ride is tomorrow. And no – I haven’t even begun to try to figure out how to pack. I’m living in denial. I cannot deal.

Have a good weekend my Skittles!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Friday!

Fat in Suburbia said...

Good questions. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Hyla said...

Done! http://bloggestloserweightloss.blogspot.com/2011/09/bring-your-own-crazy.html

Rambo sounds pretty awesome!

Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't Lie said...

I would wear cargo pants, a pocketed vest, a backpack and stuff all my extra clothes in those pockets/spaces. Not comfortable, but I would have extra clothes. :) Good luck!

Laura Belle said...

I think I would have guessed the jewelry, but I think I would have also guess it to be some sort of bad ass shoes too.

I heart Rambo. If all dads were like that, ahhhh, it'd be a blissful world.

Just wear NUSSING on the harley ride, then you don't have to worry about packing. It's fine.

Ronnie said...

Haha, I love when people post their URLs for their BYOC's.

Great, as usual! :)

Read said...

Ok - I'm with Laura Belle - I heart Rambo too. And... I hate coffee with a passion - I'll be the one with some chai latte each morning.

Bodacious Boomer said...

You and are much the same young one. I don't do coffee either in any of its incarnations. However, I rarely do soda either, at least before lunchtime.

Teal is my signature color...

speck said...

I love jewelry too! There's nothing like adding a chunky necklace when it's a "looking like crap day". lol

Sandra

Cat said...

I'm late of course...I blame my vacation. I don't drink coffee either. I do enjoy the smell, but hate the taste unless it's doctored with extra cream and sugar which is not recommended for steady weight loss. Hee hee.

I adore your relationship w/Rambo and am very glad I have one similar with my G. :)