Friday, September 23, 2011

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

It's Friday and you know what that means - yes?  It's time for BYOC.  Bring Your Own Crazy like your life depends on it!  We answer a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break.  Copy to your own blog and ENJOY!!

Oh and before I begin - these questions come from the fabulous Joey (cuz my teensy weensy brain is shot)!  Thank you Joey - I owe you one!

1.  If you were a character on Friends, who would you be and why?


Rachel - and it would be back when she had that haircut "the Rachel"...the short layered cut that everyone went to their stylist and got.  No idea why I'd be her.  Now that I think about it - I'm more OCD and weird like Monica.

2.  If you weren't in your current career what other career do you think you would have done?

Pole dancer

Wait, maybe not.  Honestly - I'd be some kind of social worker or some kind of person that could help people live a better life.  Like get out of inner cities or bad circumstances.  The truth is, while I'd love nothing more than to do that - my heart couldn't do it properly.  I'd get too invested and bring every client home for supper with me.  I'm pretty sure they don't recommend that.

I'd love to be a writer.  I've written children's books - even worked to get them published and then stopped when it got too scary. 

3. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were 6?

A teacher and a mommy.

4.  Do you think everyone only has one soulmate or true love? Or are there multiple people for everyone?

This is a good question.  While I'd love to believe there is only one soulmate for each person - I don't.  I do believe that a love you have with your soulmate can never be replaced, matched or duplicated.  But I believe love can be found anew.  I have to believe that.  If something were to happen to me - I'd want Rambo to love and live and be happy again - and find a new soulmate.  I'd never want it to be what we had - it would be different - but I'd want him happy and in love.  The same goes for anyone I love.  My parents, my friends - I'd want them to find love again.  Never the same exact love they had...but a new love.  Does that make sense?

5.  Repeat question.  Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

Real life has been good - chaotic and crazy - but good.  I'm still waaaaayyy more behind in my 2nd job than I'd like to be and Shrek still lives in my toilet but I don't give a damn.  Banana had a not so great day at school this week due to missing Rambo who was away at training so that was not so fun but we made it through.

Today I'm the feature on the BOOBs blog so in blogland I'm floating on a cloud.  I've been able to get back to posting and some commenting so I'm feeling a bit better about my presence here.  I hope to be back to normal next week!

I love you all my Skittles!

14 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Friday! I hope you have an awesome weekend!

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

Great questions!! Stay tuned!

Cat said...

Is it wrong of me to STILL want the "rachel" haircut? Yep, I don't have it, but I have always thought it was adorable even though it's soooo 10 years ago! :) *shiny plastic pink hearts with maroon velvet ribbon stripes*

MandaPanda said...

I totally had the "Rachel"! I'm actually going to do BYOC this week...thanks for always having it as an option!

Bodacious Boomer said...

I coulda been a concubine. I don't think I really would've liked it much; but there are only a few things I can do really well and that would cover 1 of them. Besides if you found the right guy you'd be set.

Joey said...

Any time, love! I'm good at asking them, bad at answering them :)

Ronnie said...

I can totally rock a Rachel even now. :)

Read said...

I totally knew you were a pole dancer in hiding...

Kelly said...

We were on a BREAK! =)

AutumnLeaves said...

Love your soul mate response, Draz. I wish the same for all my family members too. I also believe that we can find great love more than once in our lives. And yes; it would indeed be different.

Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't Lie said...

Even though I share the name with one of the characters, I think I am more like Monica too.

I can totally see you being a writer. The way you share your stories is so entertaining. It sucks that you say you "stopped when it got too scary." I understand that completely.:(

Fat in Suburbia said...

I chose Monica for my OCDness. Have a great weekend!

AMY said...

LOL.......Love your blog! You are Hilarious!
I'm a new follower and joined in on the BYOC!
Amy's Life
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

Joanna said...

I totally agree and love your response to the soul mate question.

I didn't know you have written a couple of children's books!!! That's awesome!!!