Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Smurfs, Superheroes and Rambo covered in mud!

Rambo is a warrior. I mean like, for real.
 
He completed the Warrior Dash race this weekend.

Before we went to his race, we took Banana and Watermelon to a hotel to swim as a sort of "thank God we all survived the stress and tears of starting school these past two weeks" event.
 
It was a cool hotel...very cabin-y. I snapped a few pics.



After we left the hotel, it was Warrior Dash time. The Dash is a 3 mile race of obstacles. You go through mud pits, go over ropes, jump over fire, through waterfalls...your basic obstacle "stuff".

Here's one of the mud pits...



Look who I spotted at one point in the mud pit!

 

Another obstacle and a donation...


People run the race in teams or as individuals.
When people run it as teams they tend to pick a theme
and dress the part.

Meet some of the people who ran the Dash:

 
By the way - since when do Smurfs carry hachets, axes and knives?






I can't believe this but I have agreed to do this race next year.

Shoot me now.
 
Rambo says we are dressing up. God only knows as what.

Again - shoot me - please.

And lastly - here's Rambo - after he finished!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG - Is that Shera? I love Shera! I have all the episodes on DVD! Don't you judge me.

FitBy40 said...

You're about the 3rd person this week who I've heard about the Warrior dash from! So cool that he did it and even cooler that you'll be doing it with him next year. Yes you will! You promised. Looks awesome, but I'd probably die from drowning in the mud pit.

Ronnie said...

Gumby scares me. *shudder*

Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't Lie said...

I don't know how you said yes. That involves dirt and a lot of sweat. I just couldn't do it. "Here, take my shoes, but don't make me go in the mud."

Dawnya said...

I would love to do this race. I would need a hair appointment right after..but I would love to do it. I might have to look into it for next year.

Ms. M said...

Gumby is just wrong! LOL

~Lisa~ said...

Oh my heavens, that looks like sooooooo much FUN!!! Oh, I'd be counting the days just so that I could try it!!

...but only if a mani and pedi are part of the "reward" for finishing!!

AutumnLeaves said...

You guys sure know how to live life! Hotties. That is what you two are.

Joanna said...

Looks like a fun day!! I've heard about those Warrior Dashes - I'd love to try one...one day... you know, when I actually get off my huge behind, lose more weight, and get fit enough to even consider it.

LOVE the hotel - looks very cute!!

Glad you all had fun. :)

Miz said...

OMG I LOVE THIS!!!!

we are doing a superhero race this weekend as a family.
I cant wait.

mommykinz said...

What a fun family weekend - Go Rambo!!
FYI that wasn't Dr. Suess, I think it was Waldo. Scary that I know that.

http://mommykinz-adventuresinparenting.blogspot.com/

Laurie said...

That's just crazy. Now you got me thinking about your outfits....

Sarah from Onmyweightohappiness said...

These things are becoming quite popular I keep hearing about them more and more. They look like a blast except you get very very dirty, not my thing! Good luck to you, you might have mud in places for a few years afterwards but I bet you will have fun HA HA

MandaPanda said...

Great pics! I'm doing one in April! We can virtually train together!