Friday, October 28, 2011

BYOC..Bring Your Own Crazy!

It’s Friday and time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! A couple of questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog and enjoy!


This week my questions are going to themed…as in they are all about blogging and just to throw you off – there are more than 5 this time!!


1. When did you begin blogging? Do you plan to do it a long time or do you think you’ll stop after a while?

I began blogging in January of 2010. About once a year I get burned out with blogging and I contemplate stopping. BUT the moment is fleeting. I’m a writer…I’ll always be a writer…I don’t have it in me to stop.

2.  What do you enjoy more - blogging yourself or reading other’s blogs?

This is a tough one. I love blogging because it is a complete release for me. The words just come out and I feel an almost high. But blogging is very quick for me. I rarely spend more than 15 minutes on one post. So in the blogging world, most of my time is spent reading other blogs. I read fast too thank goodness because I have a tendency to follow way too many blogs. I can’t get enough!

3.  What’s the biggest thing blogging has taught you? Biggest surprise about blogging?

That the internet isn’t all bad. And not everyone on the internet wants to take advantage of you. That there’s a whole group of people who you can relate to – if you are willing to trust and let them in.

4.  Have you met any other bloggers in real life – solely because of your blog or theirs?

Yup. I attend the BOOBs event in Chicago annually with other bloggers. About 50 or so women each time.

5.  Does your blog have a general theme as in one topic or do you cover everything and anything?

Um….eating too many Skittles and getting chubby from them? Is that a theme? Hmmm…explosive men, Mountain Dew, farting gumdrops, Watermelon, Banana and Rambo. All themes. Depends on the day. I think I was supposed to be a health and fitness blog – but um yes – look how well that turned out.

Clearly I talk about everything. From vagina zits to shaving whootenannys to inmates to how much I hate poop. It’s a free for all here.

6.  Are you public or anonymous? Whichever you are – do you ever wish you were the other?

I’m anonymous. And yes – MANY times I wish I wasn’t. Sometimes being anon makes me feel disconnected to my followers. Like they can’t really know me because they’ve never seen my eyes or expressions…and in their head they have a different picture of me than who I really am – and I wish I could be me. With no fears of who reads what.

But…I stay anon. Because this is the ONLY place in my life that I don’t filter. I don’t have to be polite or pretend I like everyone. I can bitch freely. And after having done that I never want to intentionally hurt anyone – so I stay anon.

7.  What’s your best blogging advice for a new blogger?

This is so cliché – but be yourself. I read a crapload of blogs that are awesome sauce. Like when I’m done I get sad wishing I had thought of that theme or those words or that picture or whatever. I compare the lameness of my blog to the amazeballs of theirs – and it gets me nowhere. I am me. I can’t be anyone else and I have to try to believe I offer my own “flare”.

8.  Does anyone in your real life read your blog/know it’s address? Do you wish they would or wouldn’t?

No. Other than my best friend Jenny. Sometimes I do wish certain people could read my blog so I could say to them, “Look – some people actually read what I write!” But it would turn out bad eventually. I’ve written about everyone in my life – and those words would hurt them….and I never want that in real life. I just need to vent it here and let it go – without them ever knowing I did.

9.  Do you enjoy blogging or do you view it as a chore? How often do you blog?

I definitely enjoy it. It’s a part of my routine and daily life now. I try to blog every day. It’s my daily meditation I suppose.

10.  Do you tell people in your real life that you blog? Or keep it a secret?

Hmmm…Jenny is the only one in real life who knows about AND reads my blog

Other than that - my brother does know I blog – but he doesn’t know my alias or address. And my oldest daughter knows. Of course Rambo. So 4 people in my life know I blog. I keep it a complete secret from everyone else. And sometimes I wish I didn’t have to. It’s really really hard sometimes not to share what I feel and experience here. But it’s a choice I made.
 
***************************************************
 
Have a good weekend Skittlebugs!

13 comments:

Miz said...

Id had my blog kinda hidden from Austin---until it wasnt.
now.
and NOW Im sooo (well kinda :)) watching what I say about my neighbors.

Laurie said...

Most people in my real life don't know. I want to be able to express me and my insides and my struggles and I don't want to then have to face them.

Amanda said...

Great BYOC!! Thanks my little skittle!

speck said...

I enjoyed reading your post and learning about your thoughts on the blogging!

Sandra

Fat in Suburbia said...

I'm anonymous because I'm so sensitive about my weight. Maybe I'll go public when I reach my goal and become "The Suburban Mom".

MandaPanda said...

Wow...that's a long BYOC but I think it's a good one.

Manda said...

Good one... adding to mine today!!

Andrea said...

Thanks for posting these...as always! :)

Miss April said...

Good answers, good questions too actually. I agree, if people saw some of the stuff I'd written about them - it wouldn't be cool. Not sure if that makes me a total d-bag for having written it, but... it's my blog and I'll say what I want.

Ronnie said...

Great BYOC! I know I always say that, but exceptionally good today. :)

terbear287 said...

Love ya stranger Draz. You rock anonymously!

http://terbear287.blogspot.com

Joanna said...

LOVED this BYOC...I felt like I was being interviewed. It was very cool!!

Mine is up for the world to see. ;) Thanks for doing this...it really makes my Saturday morning.

Cat said...

I love what you wrote about being anon. As you know, I wasn't at first, then I was when my friend joined and was worried about people finding her online, then she stopped being anon so I did too. I wish I was still anon sometimes because I think it does give you a freedom to say exactly what you want about anyone, but I really do like people that help support my efforts being able to see my progress.

*sparkle hearts*