Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 4 of the Birthday Suckhole Extravaganza!

'Ello dahlings!

It's Day 4 of my BIRTHDAY SUCKHOLE EXTRAVAGANZA!

You'll never guess who is posting on Day 4!!

It's Dawnya...my little pudding pop whom I love to pieces!

Now Dawnya is seriously one of the busiest women I know so her post is short and sweet -
but the message is spot on and to the point - just like I like posts to be. 
This girl has a knack for that!

Thanks Dawnya!
***************************************
Hello everyone.

My sweet friend Draz has asked me to be a guess blogger for her birthday week.
I feel honored that she considered me smart enough to write a blog for her.
You know she is a superstar in blog world.
So here is my little post...I hope you all enjoy.

Every day I have to do list of sorts of things that must be done in that day.
They are not iron clad things...but it's what I want to do.
Eating healthy and exercise is always on the list.
It's amazing that I can find the time for everything else on the list...but when time is running short...
eating right and exercising are the first things to go.
What the what?!?!

I always find the time to do the things I enjoy, like reading a book,
going to the movies, hanging out with friends.
Why can't I find the time to exercise and eat healthy?

The sad thing is I always blame this bad behavior on the kids.
In my mind...I need to spend more time with them.
I don't have time to exercise because they will be in bed before I get home.
Or...let me just eat a couple of pizza rolls while I make their dinner.
Or my all time fave...the kids wore me out...I'm to tired to exercise...
plus we stopped at McDonald's and I had a burger so their is no need to cook.

Yup...excuse after excuse after excuse.
However, last week I had a light bulb moment.

I decided I was tired of making excuses.

Now I am finding the time.
It's still hard.
Heck...it's only been 3 days...but I have found the time.

I play with the kids...and as soon as they are in bed...I lace up my shoes and do what needs to be done.
I will cook my meals to last at least 2 days.

I say all of this to say...please take a moment and find the time.

Find the time to make your health a priority.

Find the time to make yourself number one.

Become the president and CEO of your own fan club.

If you are cheering you on...everyone else will jump on your party train.

***************************
I love you Dawnya!



7 comments:

Kristin50 said...

I love you girlfriend! We always give up our own selves to take care of everyone and everything else! It is what MOTHERS and WOMEN do most of the time!

You have to make yourself the priority!

Great blog!

We love you!

Dawnya said...

I love you right back peanut buttercup!!

Jen said...

I thought *I* was the President & CEO of your fan club Dawnya!?

Great post. Great Point! We all need to do this.

Shug in Boots said...

Whoop! Whoop! Good for you Dawnya! I must admit I don't always get to the eating healthy and exercise everyday, but I'm working hard on controlling my roller coaster blood sugars, so that's a step in the right direction. :) I love that you make sure to do those things FIRST no matter what else is on your list! Awesome!

Ronnie said...

I'm pretty sure I'm the President and CEO of Dawnya's fan club. Or at least managing partners with Jenny. LOL

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Good point. I need to sort out my priorities and get myself back in the right frame of mind. Taking care of my health should be the main priority. It is easy to lose track of that when our lives are busy with so many other things.

Jessica said...

Wow it looks like there is a cat fight over Dawnya!