Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More birthday fun!

Okay so after I got Jenny's chocolate pizza and necklace....it was time for Rambo and I to go on a date.

He took me to a pizza joint we ALWAYS went to nearly every weekend when we were in high school.

The pizzas were $10 for an extra large back then.  And I was skinny.

It was a looooooong time ago.

We dropped off the kids and yelled "WE'RE FREEEEEEEEEE!!" on the way into town.

I couldn't decide what kind of pizza I wanted so I did what every sane women would do.

I ordered an entire large pizza for myself.  Rambo got his own.

We ate and laughed and then Rambo told me to close my eyes cuz my present was in his pocket.

I did - and felt like an idiot - but I was hoping it'd be worth it. 

There was a little black box with this in it.

It says "Harley". The fun thing is that it says "Harley" no matter which way you look at it - from the top or bottom - no matter how you wear it.  AND IT'S PINK people!

I can't wait to show all the Harley women riders next summer!

I love it.  And was so surprised. 

But not as surprised as when we were done eating and he gave the waiter what I will call a "stupid look".

Next thing I know out comes the waiter with a bday cake with my name on it and candles lit.

He had called ahead and ordered it for me.  How sweet huh?

So I made a wish and ate my marble cake and took some of my beloved pizza home.  I knew what I was doing when I ordered my own pizza.  I was guaranteeing myself breakfast.

When we got home we watched Horrible Bosses and laughed our asses off.

I'm sure you can imagine what happened after that....cuz I know you are perverts. Don't try to deny it.

I slept in until 10am the next day.

Now if that isn't the definition of paradise (other than a chocolate pizza) - I don't know what is.

See?

THIS is why I love birthdays people. 

There's just nothing not to like about them, I swear.

24 comments:

Jacquie said...

I love the ring! And you!

Kristin50 said...

I think the ring is divine. I am so glad you had the best birthday!

Amanda said...

This really does sound like an awesome birthday! Making sure Chris takes notes!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

It sounds like a wonderful day. I love the ring!

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

Awesome birthday! Hope you had a great week. I love the ring and miss you!

Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't Lie said...

Super sweet birthday celebration! :)

Jessica said...

Yay for a great Birthday!

Cat said...

What an awesome man you have yourself there dear. : ) Love the ring, it's so perfect!

Miss April said...

The food police are going to come knocking on your door for all your birthday treats. Not me though, I applaud your choices. It's your birthday afterall! :)

Robyn's Nest said...

That is the cutest ring EVER! Love it.

Dawnya said...

Your husband is AWESOME!!! You gift is too cute!! The birthday cake at your fav pizza spot. That is amazballs. It sound slike paradise indeed. Chocolate pizza, real pizza, cake....and sleeping til 10...all is right with the world.

RockBand Barbie said...

I love birthdays too! Any day that is all about me is a good day :-)

FitBy40 said...

That's so sweet! Happy birthday to you!

MandaPanda said...

What awesome presents!

Fat in Suburbia said...

Awesome birthday present! I didn't comment on the cake but I want a chocolate cake and I won't share!

Kyla said...

Sounds great! Don't you love it when people don't fuck your birthday up!?

Bodaciousboomer said...

Sounds like you had a great BD. Good for you young one. Rambo is a keeper for sure.

Elizabeth said...

Love it!

Joanna said...

OK, seriously...can you please send an official letter to my Hubby letting him know the awesome things that are supposed to happen on birthdays?

Oh, and find me a best friend as kick ass as Jenny too!!

I'm so jealous...for my birthday, I'm lucky if I even get a pot of coffee made.

The ring is SUPER beautiful!! LOVE IT!!

Lisa said...

awwwww....so sweet! Happy Birthday!!!

Bridget said...

Love that ring!!!

~Lisa~ said...

I absolutely LOVE the ring!! Wow - what a terrific birthday date!! Happy Birthday!!!

Stace said...

sounds so perfect, it should be in a movie! Love. Love!

Barbara said...

I somehow in my self absorbed world, missed your birthday wishes... so here it goes (belated, but still with you in my heart).
Jenny's post made me cry (happy tears).. you are one of the sweetest kindest selfless persons I know, and you are perfect as you are because it IS who you are..
I love the harley ring (I WANT ONE) you have turned me on to everything Harley and this is coming from a former conservative girl with the stick up her ass!.. I crave having an evening like you and Rambo have.. As I get older, it is the moments I want to remember, screw the fluff get right to the emotions...
So I wish you a continued celebration of another great year..hugs and kisses.. you are precious