Saturday, October 15, 2011

My very own suckhole extravaganza!

Guess what this WEEK is?  It's my birthday WEEK.

Yup - I get a whole week.  One day just isn't enough for this diva.  And yes, you can bet your skinny asses that Rambo is completely on board and down with this WEEK.  I'm quietly and slowly and sneakily making my way into making it a whole birthday MONTH..but for now - it's a week.

Speaking of birthday months...one of my dear friends, Mrs. Fatass, has a birthday MONTH.  (She's my hero.)  And since she's my hero it's only appropriate that I steal her idea for a birthday suckhole extravaganza on my blog too.  I had the honor of being part of her "suckhole" last year and now I want my own - just for a week.

Here's a little excerpt from her post about what a birthday suckhole extravaganza is.  If you want to read the whole post, go here.  It's brilliant I tell you - brilliant.

Here's how she explains it for herself:

You know those people in the world who just NEED NEED NEED attention? It’s like they have this giant suckhole in their heart and if you are to be friends with them then you just have to accept that you will be called upon to shower much love and attention their way, because they are needy.



Well, I like to pretend I am NOT one of those people.

But that sound that you started hearing last night when the clock struck midnight and August officially ended was the sound of my giant suckhole, well, starting to suck. Because September is my birthday month and I’m ready for some good old fashioned attention. Fill my giant suckhole people. It’s what I want.


(Now THERE is some quality writing, huh?)

Freaking brilliant right?  For me it's October and it's this WEEK. 

She had her mom post for her, good friends, her husband, and even ME!  I had the best time writing a suckhole post for her.  And as part of the deal, the next year she graciously wrote a birthday post for me here.

This year I'm hosting my very own full-fledged extravaganza with posts from 6 women who fill my giant suckhole of a heart with love, wisdom and wit.  I love them each more than they will ever know.

So stay tuned for the suckhole.  And if you don't like the word suckhole - please blame Mrs. Fatass.  It was her idea - I just copied it with her blessing of course.

Let's the suckhole-ing begin...........Monday!

19 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for your Birthday Week! I think you deserve a whole month!

Cat said...

I've been doing birthday week for years. I love that you do it too!!

Cece said...

I'm part of the whole month of birthday club. It's easier when your birthday is in February (it's ONLY 28 days) and when your bday is on the first of the month. No more: Oh, I just flipped the calendar and forgot all about you/it. Problem solved - I celebrate ALL month. It is especially helpful to celebrate all month when you work in HR. People come to complain and see flowers, balloons, candy, cookies, cupcakes ... Yes, I say, it's my birthday :) Squeeze all you can out of the week and then move to the month long celebration :)

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Happy Birthday week. Mine is next month. I'm going to see if I can stretch it out until Christmas. Truth be told, I have already gotten several presents from family who will buy more when the time arrives. I am spoiled rotten.

RockBand Barbie said...

Happy. happy birthday!! I hope your suckhole is filled to the top and overflowing :-)

Jacquie said...

Can't wait for the suckhole to begin! Happy Birthday Darlin'!

Lucy said...

I say go for the entire month! My B-day is in February and since it is so close to the holidays and I have to wait so long for presents I celebrate the entire month... my husband pretends that he doesn't celebrate the entire month with me but he does! Happy Birthday Week!

Kenda said...

Well happy birthday week! I, too, hope it turns into a birthday month for you. I have to admit to jealousy that you are able to make that happen. lol I can't even make a birthday DAY happen. So way to go! You deserve a whole month too because you are just that awesome!!

Ronnie said...

Happy almost birthday week! :)

Darlin1 said...

I've been having birthday weeks forever ....and occasionally have been able to get a month out of it.

Last night with the help of my husband we threw the beginning of the first weeks festivities...birthday cake and all. We had 6 friends over for dinner ...so much fun and tonight again...ditto.. at another friends house. I had to take a nap today. My birthday is on Oct 19.

Happy Birthday Drazil, Enjoy yourself!

XOXO

LaniBani said...

Wow! Birthday Week and Birthday Month? I have totally been cheated these past 22 years! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK TO YAH AND LIVE IT UP HARD!

Dizzy Girl said...

Happy Birthday beautiful- xoxo

Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't Lie said...

This suckhole is much better than I expected it to be. ;) haha Happy Birthday WEEK!

Laurie said...

Oh, I am so excited for the sucking to begin!!

mommykinz said...

a WHOLE month - I think I get about an hour!!!
Let's SUCK!!
Happy Happy Birth month!!

Lyla said...

I will love to shower you with attention- you're worth it!

Happy Birthday week :)

~Lisa~ said...

As someone old enough to actually HAVE a birthday month (having an anniversary during my birthday month doesn't hurt either) I totally get it!! Happy BIRTHDAY to YOU, Lovely Lady!! Enjoy every blessed second of your special week!!

Amanda said...

what a fabulous idea!! Start getting ready, my birthday is in Feb.!

Kelly said...

I'm definitely not a birthday person. I don't like celebrating that I'm getting older, so I just don't get it and I don't get ppl like that at all. I will make an exception for you of course, since you are one of my most favoritest bloggers. =) Happy Birthday, doll.